PDA

View Full Version : Solved Counterboring Problem???

madman
08-10-2011, 02:01 PM
WELL previously i posted about the bad problem counterboring through10 inches or so of A-2 . This was with 1/2 inch counterbore .WELL I started fiddling with the Radial arm drill and found that when I unlocked the traverse lock suddenly the Problem went away>>???? Anyhow told my Boss (he asked you know why??) I said this is why and showed him and he was happy I figured it out. May be a gib Problem, I didnt bother bringing in my Circular Square and checking alignment and movement with indicators ectra .Im there for a little while and then back on to the unemployed list . Something I actually enjoy more so than working. I prefer being in my Home Shop, Thanx All that replied. This was for me a Interesting Problem, I HAVE CounterBored and Drilled so many Holes in my Life But never ever encountered a Problem such as this one. Now i am back in the Saddle so to speak...

TGTool
08-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Well, glad to hear that something worked, that you're happy and the boss is happy. Can't ask for much more than that.

DATo
08-10-2011, 04:52 PM
You never know ... sometimes those "part time" positions are just tests to determine whether or not to make you a full time job offer.

camdigger
08-11-2011, 05:11 AM
You never know ... sometimes those "part time" positions are just tests to determine whether or not to make you a full time job offer.

x2

There are several surprisingly large corporations that hire part time help from temp agencies to "road test" potential employees, especially in sensitive positions like accounting. The temp agencies are well aware of the phenomenon and seem to view the attrition as a cost of doing business and continued goodwill.