PDA

View Full Version : what can I do with my new bed apart from sleep in it? serious question

Alistair Hosie
08-13-2011, 04:50 PM
About two years ago we bought an ikea electricly operated bed lifts up down all that novelty crap anyway it never gets used and is only for a spare room for guests visitors etc. I am thinking since the bed raises and lowers top and bottom that I could well use the mechanics for something leaving the bed as a normal bed.Please any ideas guys?What say a nice clamping system for woodworking but what about machining use all ideas will be considered with awe as usual.Alistair

Gravy
08-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Obvious answer: Electric lift table of some sort. If it can lift a fatass human, it can lift a hefty rotary table up to the mill table or big chunk of bar stock up to lathe chuck height.

aboard_epsilon
08-13-2011, 08:28 PM
basically they are leadscrews with a worm and gear and motor on the end of them ..

you could use them as security for your workshop... bury the cable ..from your house ..and then they become hefty bolts that secure your shed with a flick of a switch from within your house.

all the best.markj

ftownroe
08-13-2011, 08:51 PM
If you have a stupid round column bench top mill like mine, you could use it to raise and lower the head.

sasquatch
08-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Personally i can,t think of much here,, but looking forward to some clever responses comming.

1-800miner
08-15-2011, 02:49 AM
Power feed on a mill,
power positioner for an overhead trolley,
auto leveling jacks on the motor home,
remote control flag raiser for the mail box,
gate closer,
raising and lowering the flag without a rope,
satilite dish aimer
.auto sighting on a death ray gun.