PDA

View Full Version : Free to a good home(s); Southbend parts

alanganes
08-16-2011, 07:09 PM
I have a few odds and ends from what I believe was a 9" SB lathe that was cannibalized to build a specialized machine. I have no need for these, so if anyone can use them, they are available for cost of shipping from 01826. Any and all will fit in flat-rate packages.

These do not have to go as a group, if you just need one part, please ask and it's yours.

There is:
1) A tailstock quill, clearly well used but functional

2)A tailstock base casting, you can see the casting number in one of the photos

3)A gear that I believe is the one that mounts on the spindle and drives the threading geartrain.

4) There are also a couple of small brass keys that were part of the headstock bearing assembly, that are visible in the photo of the gear.

Some photos here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v479/alanganes/for%20sale/southbend%20parts/

If you can use any of these parts, please let me know. Please do not ask for them if you plan to resell them, I can list them on ebay myself if I wanted to do that. I am hoping these can be of use to someone rebuilding a machine or two.

Thanks for looking.
-Al

Zahnrad Kopf
08-16-2011, 07:24 PM
I'd like them. I'll PM you.

alanganes
08-16-2011, 07:36 PM
PM me your info and they are yours.

-Al

jkopel
08-16-2011, 10:23 PM
For what it is worth, those look to be heavy 10 parts.
I doubt any of them will fit a 9" lathe.

alanganes
08-16-2011, 10:36 PM
You could be right, I never saw the original machine. Any tell-tale markers to go by?
I do not own a SB lathe, so was just going by the recollections of someone else.

Thanks.

Don Young
08-17-2011, 10:50 PM
My 9" South Bend does not have a removeable gear on the spindle, it is an integral part of the spindle.

Saratoga Bill
08-18-2011, 10:34 AM
I could use the brass keys if they are not spoken for.

Bill