PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Makes me MAD there own RULES are worthless!!

gary350
08-16-2011, 09:13 PM
I sold an item on ebay, it has 7 photos, and a good discription about 6 paragraphs. I clicked Ebay option NO REFUNDS. The discription says in several places NO REFUNDS unless buyer pays all postage and all fees.

Buyer did not read the auction page, he looked at the photos then bid. Now he wants a full refund.

I said, You apparently did not read the auction page.

He said. So what I want a refund.

I said, Send it back you get a full refund minus postage, ebay fees, and paypal fees.

He said, I want all my money refunded.

I said, read the auction.

He filed a claim with ebay.

I clicked the option to reply to his claim. After responding to his claim to continue the ONLY option gives me is to give the guy a full refund.

The only way to continue is to give the guy a full refund.

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!

I clicked the Ebay option. NO REFUNDS ON THIS ITEM. Does that mean nothing??????????????

If that means nothing then why does Ebay have that OPTION??????????????

It looks to me like anyone can complain for any reason and Ebay demands you give them a full refund no matter what.

I refuse to continue. In 10 days or what every the guy automatically gets his refund. Its not a problem I can sell it again. What makes me mad is the buyer does not read the auction and Ebay option No refunds accepted is worthless and Ebay refuses to hear my side of the story.

Once many years ago I had a buyer just like this guy. He Beat the item to death with a hammer before returning it and he got a full refund and the item was distroyed. Ebay has no option for the seller to collect on that.

lazlo
08-16-2011, 09:19 PM
I sold an item on ebay, it has 7 photos, and a good discription about 6 paragraphs. I clicked Ebay option NO REFUNDS. The discription says in several places NO REFUNDS unless buyer pays all postage and all fees.

Gary. This is at least the third time you've posted here that you sold something on Ebay that the buyer wanted to return.

Does that tell you something? :rolleyes:

I've never had a buyer who wanted to return something I've sold on Ebay.

As we've explained to you numerous times, "No Refunds" refers to buyer's remorse. You are still required by the Uniform Commercial Code to deliver the item as described in the ad. If it is not, you must accept the return and refund the purchase price, including shipping one direction.

Ebay is not a place to pass on junk to unsuspecting buyers. You're a retail merchant, with all the responsibilities involved in interstate commerce.

So post the auction number, so we can comment on the condition of the item in question...

aboard_epsilon
08-16-2011, 09:38 PM
You have two companies ..even though one owns the other ..they don't act the same ..eBay and PayPal

So eBay says you can have no refunds ..but they pay with PayPal and it's over-ruled .

all the best.markj

Ries
08-16-2011, 09:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkA7ok5MySk

wierdscience
08-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Check the guys feedback,if it's less than 98% he's an Ebay looter.

justanengineer
08-16-2011, 10:16 PM
I gave up on ebay several years ago when prices began soaring beyond ridiculous. Then they started creating rules to protect the buyer without caring about the seller and I became very glad I did. I suspect there are a pretty sizable difference between the amount of buyers and sellers, and ebay is just pandering to the masses = the buyers.

The part I really dont understand is allowing buyers to post feedback but not the seller. Call me crazy, but I was always of the opinion that fair is fair. IMHO they should let the trash talk go both ways if at all. While I agree buyer's protections are good to an extent, there should be seller's protection as well.

Ryobiguy
08-16-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm with Lazlo. Lets see the auction, and figure out if there is any lesson we can take from it, because it does seem like an awfully big coincidence if you're refunding again.

On the other hand - lets say that the auction and item were great, but it is 100% the buyer being a jerk. Is there any opportunity for the buyer's claims to be evaluated, or does the buyer always win the refund claim by default?

-Matt

Mcgyver
08-16-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm with Lazlo. Lets see the auction, and figure out if there is any lesson we can take from it, because it does seem like an awfully big coincidence if you're refunding again.

On the other hand - lets say that the auction and item were great, but it is 100% the buyer being a jerk. Is there any opportunity for the buyer's claims to be evaluated, or does the buyer always win the refund claim by default?

-Matt

+1

is one forever stuck with on screen 'options' or is there a way to get to real person? Considering they are assuming the role of arbitrator in a commercial matter there ought to be?

hardtail
08-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Once many years ago I had a buyer just like this guy. He Beat the item to death with a hammer before returning it and he got a full refund and the item was distroyed. Ebay has no option for the seller to collect on that.

I can't understand people.......I bought a grain truck from this guy about 6 yrs ago and he had a really clean Ford tractor sitting there and I just casually asked about it, seems he sold it and this guy purchased it used to for his needs then ran it down the road slamming it into reverse until it quit working, then demanded a full refund for faulty equipment, I think the estimate was around 10K to repair. Apparently after he did some investigating this fella does this quite regular.......something should be hit repeatedly with a hammer but it's not the equipment or goods..........

SteveF
08-16-2011, 10:29 PM
The part I really dont understand is allowing buyers to post feedback but not the seller. Call me crazy, but I was always of the opinion that fair is fair. IMHO they should let the trash talk go both ways if at all. While I agree buyer's protections are good to an extent, there should be seller's protection as well.

First, sellers can post feedback but only positive feedback.

Second, fair wasn't fair under the old rules. Sellers would misrepresent product and if the buyer wasn't happy and posted negative feedback, the seller would retaliate in kind which kept unhappy buyers from leaving proper feedback. This way isn't perfect either but I'd rather have it like this.

Yep, life would be a whole lot simpler if everyone was honest.

Steve

Robin R
08-16-2011, 10:33 PM
I always thought that just giving the buyer the right to leave feedback was bogus, though I understand it was to stop sellers requiring the buyer to leave positive feedback, or they would retaliate with a negative.

The way to stop that would be to not release the feedback results till both party's had posted, or the time allowance to leave feedback had expired.

wierdscience
08-16-2011, 10:34 PM
+1

is one forever stuck with on screen 'options' or is there a way to get to real person? Considering they are assuming the role of arbitrator in a commercial matter there ought to be?

Ebay openly violates the same UCC code the swear to live by.They swear up and down that they are only responsible for putting the buyers and sellers together,but the reality is vastly different.They and Paypal by default inject themselves into any disputes that arise.

Edwin Dirnbeck
08-16-2011, 11:50 PM
I have sold over 300 items on ebay and purchased about the same.Probably about $6000 total.I have had about $30 worth of ''bad'' deals.Life is not perfect . If you are insistent that you are in the right and no one is going to cheat you ,then I think that you must deal face to face with people that you know and trust and avoid all dealings with strangers. Edwin

flylo
08-17-2011, 12:03 AM
I just bought a 10HP 3 phase motor & gear reduction unit for 1 cent. Seller has no feedback. I wonder if I'll get it. Hope so it looks great. I buy on ebay & have got burned a few times with no help from ebay or paypal. They did help with a 15KW Onan generator I bought. They kept wanting me to send it back. They didn't understand it's 1000#. I've been cheated by people from Canada the most by far. Now I just refuse to deal with them at all. :(

Y566 BLUE MAX ELECTRIC MOTOR 10 HP (320739780783

bobw53
08-17-2011, 12:35 AM
E-bay is a slight bit messed up now a days. However, about a month ago, I completed a transaction that I was quite happy with, I got what I bought. Simple, then I got a 15% refund this morning.

If that happens every day, I'm fine with that. Of course, I e-mailed the lady and she faux powed, and had to refund somebody for being an e-bay douche, and got the names mixed up and I got the money. I pushed it back to her since I was happy with what I got.

Semi OT question, semi dealing with E-bay. Anybody deal with that e-bates thing? Log in there and then go to e-bay and get half a percent back???

gwilson
08-17-2011, 12:38 AM
The seller IS ALLOWED to leave a comment regarding the buyer's negative feedback.

Why no reply,Gary 350?

Forrest Addy
08-17-2011, 01:00 AM
I wonder what I'm doing wwrong. I've bought over 500 items in the last ten years and never had a problem a little friendy discussion didn't solve to mutual satisfaction and those problems were small and damn rare.

I'm probably not fair when I suggest that some people are born to find fault, take undue advantage, blame the other guy, have malice in their souls, whatever and eBay seems to attract more then their share of them.

My mother told me long ago to be nice whenever possible but don't forget to stick up for yourself when you have to. Flies and honey.

flutedchamber
08-17-2011, 01:33 AM
In my hundred or so sales and buys on Ebay I only had one bad customer and one bad buy.

The customer bought a set of new RCBS 38 special reloading dies. I posted pictures of the dies in multiple views, including the best interior views that I could get with the camera on macro setting. I stated that the dies were 20 plus years old, rust free and had been sprayed multiple times with a rust preventative by Brownells which leaves a brown translucent coating.

The guy buys the dies, pays promptly and leaves no feedback for two weeks. I left positive feedback for him, as his money came promptly.

Two days later he gives me a negative rating stating "beware of this seller, he sells items as "new" when they are rust covered and obviously used."

In the little amount of words that was allowed I explained that I asked for his feedback and the dies were rust free and the brown on them was not from use or rust, it was the Brownells preservative that had dried.

I still have that negative feedback on my rating.

I bid on and won an Aloris CA1 used toolholder. The pictures showed an Aloris CA1 toolholder that looked like new except for one small rub mark. The toolholder that I received wasn't an Aloris or even any cut rate brand that I ever saw. It only had two, two digit numbers on it for identification. The seller refused to refund my money and it took me three weeks for Ebay to get it back for me.

Willy
08-17-2011, 03:40 AM
Gary. This is at least the third time you've posted here that you sold something on Ebay that the buyer wanted to return.

Does that tell you something? :rolleyes:

I've never had a buyer who wanted to return something I've sold on Ebay.

As we've explained to you numerous times, "No Refunds" refers to buyer's remorse. You are still required by the Uniform Commercial Code to deliver the item as described in the ad. If it is not, you must accept the return and refund the purchase price, including shipping one direction.

Ebay is not a place to pass on junk to unsuspecting buyers. You're a retail merchant, with all the responsibilities involved in interstate commerce.

So post the auction number, so we can comment on the condition of the item in question...

Gary. not knowing the full details i can't really make any judgmental calls one way or the other.
Don't get me wrong, because as far as reading the details from your post you do have some valid concerns.
But taking all things into consideration I do find your past record in these matters (Ebay transactions) to be negative.
For someone so hell bent to chastise Ebay in past posts...way do you continue to do your business there?

In a recent post here you stated how happy you were doing business through Craigslist vs. Ebay. Yet shortly before you stated how much you despised Craigslist.:confused:

Sorry Gary no disrespect intended, but you are going to have to share a few more details before I at least can show a little empathy for your plight.

JoeLee
08-17-2011, 09:48 AM
First, sellers can post feedback but only positive feedback.

Second, fair wasn't fair under the old rules. Sellers would misrepresent product and if the buyer wasn't happy and posted negative feedback, the seller would retaliate in kind which kept unhappy buyers from leaving proper feedback. This way isn't perfect either but I'd rather have it like this.

Yep, life would be a whole lot simpler if everyone was honest.

Steve

This is the big problem right here.............. since the rule change..... sellers can't leave anything but positive feedback for a buyer, many sellers are now being extorted by buyers.

JL...................

JoeLee
08-17-2011, 09:53 AM
The seller IS ALLOWED to leave a comment regarding the buyer's negative feedback.

Why no reply,Gary 350?

A comment is not same as a feedback, it has no affect to a persons feedback score. So who cares about leaving comments.

JL....................

gary350
08-17-2011, 10:11 AM

Why no reply,Gary 350?

It is NOT possible to give BUYERs negative feedback with the new rules.

I am a seller most of the time and I have 100% feedback.

toolmaker76
08-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Whenever I look at a seller's feedback, if there are one or two negatives among a majority of positives, I take that into consideration. There is always that one or two in the crowd that are dishonest, or will not be pleased no matter what the effort.

lazlo
08-17-2011, 11:24 AM

How is that possible? This is the third time you've posted that a buyer filed an Item Not Received or Substantially Different Than Described claim against you. Each of those buyers would give you a negative, if you forced them to file an ITR. ??

By the way, isn't this your third strike? If you have 3 strikes within a year's time, they'll ban you from Ebay.

Rosco-P
08-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Sellers who have accumulated significant negative feedback simply re-register with a different seller name, same address, same financial information. Ebay admits this is happening and allows it. Why wouldn't they? They don't make money "selling" anything, they (and PayPal) make money by providing a service and moving money around.

Highpower
08-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Why in the world would anyone want to bid on anything when a seller has this on every single one of their auctions?
I don't get it. :confused:

All sales are final with no return or refund of any kind,please ask questions if any.
http://cgi.ebay.com/35-PCS-HSS-COUNTERSINKS-MILL-LATHE-TOOL-/150645028296?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231324b5c8

1200rpm
08-17-2011, 02:32 PM
the only time a seller can refuse a return is if the item was listed as"parts or not working"
i have sold lots on ebay and had 1 instance where i sold a set of vintage Works Performance shock absorbers for a motorcycle.long story short- a guy bought them,kept them for over a week,used them, took them to a shop where his buddy worked and proceeded to pump them with nitrogen til the seals burst.
he filed a claim without even my knowing til after the fact, got his money back and the initial shipping cost.
as soon as paypal got notification that "something" was delivered to my address they automatically deducted from my account.
i filed my own claim and never got a responce.
i got back a set of vintage- hacked on with pliers, totally ragged junk.

macona
08-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Never keep money in your paypal account.

If you use USPS file a claim of postal fraud.

lakeside53
08-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Careful with that. You'll get hit with NSF charges, and often twice (paypal tries twice).

rode2rouen
08-17-2011, 07:18 PM
I sold an item on ebay, it has 7 photos, and a good discription about 6 paragraphs.

Link to the auction, please!

Rex

john11668
08-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Surely if the guy returns the goods there is no sale .
So there should be no Ebay or Paypal fees .(or they should be refunded too)
You have your property back, the only question is then the return carriage !

What did the guy say was wrong with the goods?

If there was no defect return carriage should be at his cost.

vpt
08-17-2011, 08:07 PM
I quit ebay and paypal months ago. Don't miss them at all, in fact I have been saving money because I am not browsing ebay spending foolish late night money on parts or tools I really don't need.

1200rpm
08-17-2011, 08:41 PM
the only way a seller can refuse a return is if the item was listed as"parts or not working"
i have sold lots on ebay and had 1 instance where i sold a set of vintage Works Performance shock absorbers for a motorcycle.long story short- a guy bought them,kept them for over a week,used them, took them to a shop where his buddy worked and proceeded to pump them with nitrogen til the seals burst.
he filed a claim without even my knowing til after the fact, got his money back and the initial shipping cost.
as soon as paypal got notification that "something" was delivered to my address they automatically deducted from my account.
i filed my own claim and never got a responce.
i got back a set of tore up,worked on with pliers,beat to crap junk.
never did get anything from ebay other than the standard computer generated "thank you for your concern"
this is why many sellers are listing good stuff as "for parts or not working"
otherwise you are completely reliant on the honesty of the buyer.
there is supposed to be an appeals process but the only link it provides is to give a refund....

gellfex
08-18-2011, 12:17 AM
It's funny, I have 76 transactions, mostly buys, mostly non machining stuff, and the only time I ever returned an item was a lathe chuck that wouldn't spin on the 1 1/2-8.

I still love Ebay. My 3 month old Nokia phone recently crapped out, and they said it was the flex cable, but wouldn't warranty repair it because I had also cracked the little outside screen.

So on Ebay I found someone selling a used one "for parts" that they said wouldn't boot. I got it, swapped the mainboard from mine into it, and have my phone back for $10 shipped. The phone actually wasn't even used, it still had the peel off plastic on it! Now how could I possibly have done that without Ebay? Craigs? not a chance.

Machtool
08-18-2011, 04:29 AM
Gary, you know that’s a lie. You currently have a feedback rating, of 92.5%, with one neutral, and four negatives against you in the past 12 months.

You don’t find it ironic that your Ebay user I.D, starts with "2011" – since Jan 7th 2011? Something is wrong if you have to relist a new I.D every year.

Put the link out here, or I will.

Phil.

aboard_epsilon
08-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Gary, you know thatís a lie. You currently have a feedback rating, of 92.5%, with one neutral, and four negatives against you in the past 12 months.

You donít find it ironic that your Ebay user I.D, starts with "2011" Ė since Jan 7th 2011? Something is wrong if you have to relist a new I.D every year.

Put the link out here, or I will.

Phil.

share the id ..please

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Spongebob-Popcorn.gif

all the best.markj

Machtool
08-18-2011, 12:38 PM
share the id ..please
Mark,

Its just gone midnight down here, when I get into the office in the morning, 7Ė 8 hours time. If Gary hasnít had the decency to do it, Iíll let you know more then. I have much more stuff bookmarked at work.

But in the mean time, if someone was to type ďgary350 & ebayĒ into a search here. They might just find this.

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showpost.php?p=657656&postcount=9

Just assuming someone slipped up, and let the cat out of the bag, HSM, would be a silly place to hide it. Gagís just might have let this years ď2011Ē Ebay I.D slip. Donít worry thereís only 4 more months left in the year. Look forward to 2012-puddles.

You know why they call him puddles?

Just in the mean time, please take a read of this first, about the LEATHER JACKET. For a classic Gary verses, Ebay, verses reality battle.

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showpost.php?p=676686&postcount=29

There was one time a few years ago I sold a used leather jacket on ebay. I took a close up photo of the size tag so I could clearly show the size of the jacket. I discribed the jacket, took photos of my son wearing it and closeup photos of the tag. The buyer sent me an email telling me he wears this size jacket but this jacket will not fit him. He probably gained weight that is probably why it would not fit. He wanted a refund and I said NO because I clicked the NO REFUND option on ebay plus it also says NO REFUND in the ad.

If you happen to find the feedback,

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=2011puddles918&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&interval=0&mPg=3&page=3

Scroll to Jan-21-11 15:00, where the guy has left negative feedback for receiving a jacket in XXL that was specifically listed by Gary as Black Leather Jacket XL UNIK (#280614804633)Ē I can only guess that ďUNIKĒ means Unique, but if you canít even list the size correctly, why not blame the buyer.

What about it Gary? you going to cough up the latest Jihard link, or Iíll do it in the morning.

Phil.

lazlo
08-18-2011, 12:46 PM
If you happen to find the feedback,

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=2011puddles918&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&interval=0&mPg=3&page=3

And there it is: Gary is exactly the kind of bad seller that gave Ebay such a horrible reputation, and the reason Ebay won't let sellers leave feedback anymore: selling junk that he bought at a yard sale, and he knows is garbage, but he adds "NO REFUNDS" to the auction text, thinking that covers him :rolleyes:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u15/rtgeorge_album/gary350.gif

Arthur.Marks
08-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Request for Moderator to end this.

Rosco-P
08-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Why?

Almost as amusing as this thread: http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=46416&highlight=firewood

lazlo
08-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Why?

Almost as amusing as this thread: http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=46416&highlight=firewood

Or the one where Gary posted that he lets the air out of all four tires on cars that are parked in a handicapped spot.

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=48494

I carry several BBs in my pocket every place I go.
Car was parked illegal. So I went over and removed each valve stem cap on each tire dropped in a BB and screwed the cap about half way on then walked into the store. When I came out about 10 minutes or so later the car had 4 flat tires and the driver was mad as hell. The police was giving the guy a ticket, I called the police too. The jerk couldn't leave before the police arrived he had 4 flat tires. LOL.

Machtool
08-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Request for Moderator to end this.
Thatís correct, in some ways, someone has to put an end to this. But why would it need moderation at this stage, itís all pretty civil so far. I thought this was the one place where you got called on B.S pretty quick.

Every time I log in here, Garyís got some new tirade going on about EBay/Paypal, but will never substantiate it. Example: same B.S with virtually the same title, just this past January.

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=46105

You enjoy reading his fiction?

Gary wanted to play. This isnít a new thing, this is a monthly event with Gary. Some new tirade against Ebay / Paypal. But he never has the balls to put up a link so its privy to peer review. Heís been asked on numerous occasions to put up a reference with every tirade. Example:

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showpost.php?p=691336&postcount=30

Heís been asked numerous time before to put it on the block if he thinks he is honestly aggrieved. Not once has he put up a link to an action that he raves here about. Iíve asked him myself. Example here where 5 guys including myself asked him to put up. But yet again, no auction number was forthcoming.

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showpost.php?p=635292&postcount=44

Just do a search, gary350 & ebay. Its a endless list of B.S, which distracts from the value of this forum. And makes it hard to come here and read. Iíd be happy to give you more examples?

In summary, if you constantly puts out ramblingís about the evil ebay / paypal, but point blank refuse to provide a link for review. Some ones going to call you on it. Its a big world.

Phil.

gwilson
08-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Gary, I must ask you to examine yourself. Do you have a not so secret desire to harm others? If I had a "science project" that set off everyone's car alarms,it would be the last time I fired it up in the vicinity of other's cars.I think disturbing the peace covers about everything. One of these days the police might realize that.

I get pissed when I see non handicapped cars parked illegally,but it is wrong to damage the property of others. Just calling the police should be enough.Take a cellphone picture of the car. Take a closeup of the license plate. Do not lay hands on other's property. It is not your business to harm it.

Getting into trouble on ebay is another symptom of not caring about others.
Personally,I will never buy anything from Murfreesboro. It might be you with another name change.

P.S.: How did you go to college when you don't know the difference between "there" and THEIR ?

flutedchamber
08-18-2011, 07:45 PM
I don't know Gary and have had no dealings with him here or elsewhere. However, reading what he has written gives me a cold chill up my spine. I swear it's my ex wife using a different name.:eek: There is just too many similarities for it not to be her.

God I'm glad I dumped her ass 16 years ago. Wish the hell I had done it sooner.

gwilson
08-18-2011, 07:54 PM
You didn't get E-Harmony to screen her? :):):)

flutedchamber
08-18-2011, 08:49 PM
You didn't get E-Harmony to screen her? :):):)

No...I guess I should have. After a while I began to wonder if she was sane and I was crazy.

Now I realize...she was nuts:D

danlb
08-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Thanks, Machtool for posting those links.

I've been very curious about how much of his tirades are true.

There is a big group at eBay that spends all day looking for folks that are scamming folks, and I trust that sooner or later Gary350 will run afoul of them. It may take some time since ( I heard ) they really do research these things before shutting a person down. A friend told me his son was busted by eBay for selling things he did not have ( and then could not get ) and, as a result, his whole family was blacklisted. Everyone using that address, email, credit card or bank account was banned. That's what he said anyway.

Dan
(Disclaimer: eBay requires this disclosure if I speak about an eBay thread publicly). I do not speak for eBay, and they have no idea that I've posted this. They probably would not care either.

Dawai
08-19-2011, 09:10 PM
I don't know the circumstances.. of this deal..

But you want to meet the bottom-feeders on ebay, post "antique" toys.. lots of money to be made off things stolen by various means from unsuspecting sellers and sold in antique shops, or by someone more knowledgeable who can describe it accurately and take better pictures.

USED to be, you could buy things that ended on a weekday, resell them on a weekend, and make a good living.. I've steered clear as much as I could from ebay since they Double-debited me one month.. I had to send the a-holes a photocopy of my bank statement to get my money back from them.

I admit tho, I still shop there.. Tried to sell a few things recently.. no luck.

1200rpm
08-19-2011, 09:26 PM
there are some scumbag buyers out there BUT it took over 200 sales for me to find one.
if an item is untested then surely it should be listed as parts??
no way i would chance selling something if i didn`t know if it worked or not.

Black_Moons
08-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Now the 1972 4-bolt 350 is residing in a 57GMC truck with a Iroc 5 speed behind it. Stainless headers fit by shifting engine over a inch. It's the 12th chassis for that engine.

Hahahahah. Maybe you should put more work into tuning the chassis, and less into tuning the engine :rolleyes:

flylo
08-19-2011, 09:55 PM
I just bought a 10HP 3 phase motor & gear reduction unit for 1 cent. Seller has no feedback. I wonder if I'll get it. Hope so it looks great. I buy on ebay & have got burned a few times with no help from ebay or paypal. They did help with a 15KW Onan generator I bought. They kept wanting me to send it back. They didn't understand it's 1000#. I've been cheated by people from Canada the most by far. Now I just refuse to deal with them at all. :(

Y566 BLUE MAX ELECTRIC MOTOR 10 HP (320739780783

Buyer would not respond, so I called Ebay who sent me his number, he said no way would he sell it for that. I sent an e-mailing I'd turn him in for mail fraud & got a prompt refund including shipping, but I really wanted the motor.

Black_Moons
08-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Buyer would not respond, so I called Ebay who sent me his number, he said no way would he sell it for that. I sent an e-mailing I'd turn him in for mail fraud & got a prompt refund including shipping, but I really wanted the motor.

Id still leave negative feedback.
'Seller refused to sell for winning price, But refunded money, Did not use Reserve price function'

Machtool
08-20-2011, 04:35 AM
I've been very curious about how much of his tirades are true. I’d say somewhere between slim and nil. Any one that claimed they got into their bosses car with 4 other guys, drove day and night 1,500 miles to break into someone’s work shop, that owed his boss money, then proceeded to smash, weld, hammer or otherwise destroy in the middle of the night, in a dark and strange workshop, has got to be kidding me.

That’s because I can’t work out what electrode you would use to weld slideway to wiper. :confused:

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showpost.php?p=635281&postcount=41

The boss found out the buyer had done dirty tricks to several other people so it was revenge time. Boss man took 4 of us on a 1500 miles secret road trip we had no idea where we were going or why until we arrived at the target sight at 2 am. Then we were told do your job or find another place to work when we return home, your fired. About 2 am we entered the guys building and destroyed everything is sight. I got a welder and welded everything that moved, milling machine slides handles cranks vise, lathe, fork lift, if it moved I welded it in place while the other guys did their own distruction
That’s my all time favourite Gary story, contained in his own January Ebay Jihad thread. Once you mention Ebay, there seems to be no distinction between fact or fiction.

Did you notice the second feedback down, that Lazlo posted a page back, at post #38. Look at the feedback for “RCI 2990 Receiver CG Ham Amateur Radio (#280613176344)” Link here:

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showpost.php?p=691501&postcount=38

What do you think the chances are, that that was the one and the same feedback, for one of Gary’s other rants?

This is Gary’s version of events.

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showpost.php?p=676550&postcount=18

It makes me MAD that Ebay and Paypal do NOT follow their OWN RULES but they expect me to. Ebay has optio when selling an item to click, USED, I clicked NO RETURNS, I clicked NO REFUND. I sell a Amateur Radio that I bought used and never hooked it up. I was told when I bought it it was used and the seller knew nothing about it so I got it real cheap, dirt cheap. After having it for over 20 years I decided it needed a new home so I sold it. The Ebay ad said, Sold as is, I have no idea if this works so I am listing it as used parts only. You are buying this for parts. I bought it used over 20 years ago and I never hooked it up so I have no idea if it works but it is possible that it might actually work. You are buying it as is and NO RETURNS and NO REFUNDS. This item sells for about $400 brand new. The auction ended the high bid price was $439. That is about stupid the buyer bid $39 more for my item than he could buy it brand new for. It cost $44 to ship it. The buyer complained it does not work I want a refund.
Feedback tells me ,that item sold for $415.66. So claiming it sold for $439, would only be a slight exaggeration. But in response to the negative feedback, Gary responded to neg feedback - Quote: “ESTATE auction said USED items UNTESTED no return ask questions, Bid accordingly”

In his rant here he claimed in was listed as for parts only.
I have no idea if this works so I am listing it as used parts onlySo it wasn’t really listed as parts only, that was a lie, but as an estate auction?

If it had of been listed as “for parts only”, instead of being listed as “estate auction” do you think the guy, would have bid it to $415.66, and hence forth not been so disappointed. You knew it was junk. The “for parts only” that you felt free to tell us about here, but listed it otherwise.

So what happened to owning it for 20 years? There’s no mention in his rant about buying it at an Estate auction. The quote was.
I was told when I bought it it was used and the seller knew nothing about it You talking to dead people now Gary?

Phil.

Bmyers
08-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Perhaps for the safety of others we should notify the authorities about Gary's activities. I would hate to see him weld up and destroy some ones radio shack. :D

lynnl
08-20-2011, 07:08 PM

Where does mail fraud enter the picture? No mail services have been used if he simply refuses to sell, have they?

JoeBean
08-20-2011, 07:47 PM
I've been cheated by people from Canada the most by far. Now I just refuse to deal with them at all. :(
Add me to the list of those dreading to deal with Canadian sellers & buyers (and yes, I am Canadian). I sold around $10k of relatively small-dollar stuff on eBay last year, and bought probably twice that. What I've found is that Australians and Americans are by far the best to deal with. Aussies seem almost grateful that you're willing to sell to them! And while Americans sometimes have a problem understanding how long shipping takes from another country (even if it's explicitly mentioned repeatedly in the ad) they're usually fine once you explain it to them.

Canadians are far and away the worst, with Brits a distant second. I've been ripped off with ridiculously not-as-described items 3 times, all Canadian sellers, and had a dozen more that I've gotten refunds through eBay for. NEARLY EVERY TIME these boneheads would threaten violence, insult your intelligence, or condescend till the bitter end. It really is incredible that Canada has a reputation for politeness. It's certainly not evident on eBay.

Same goes for selling to Canadians. I just had one guy a month ago buy a relatively high-price item from me for about $300. Fortunately I was smart enough to ship it insured for the full amount. Once he gets it he sends an eBay message saying there's nothing in the box. I write back and get him to take pictures of what was in the box. IN THE BACKGROUND IS THE DAMN ITEM I SHIPPED!!! Nope, it's his he says, despite the fact that it bears the exact same non-standard markings as the item I shipped. So as an experiment I string him along, string him along, string him along until the bitter end, at which point I give a refund. He leaves glowing positive feedback saying that the item was terrific!!

Now I charge crazy high shipping fees to Canada to discourage buyers...

On a side note, despite the stereotype on many eBay boards that most customers from Asian countries are nearly guaranteed to scam you I've only had one Asian customer try anything underhanded, and he did it through an account in Australia! Most are courteous and easy to get along with, despite the language barrier (which, thankfully, they are much more capable/willing to work to overcome that I am).

goose
08-20-2011, 08:51 PM
I hate sweeping generalizations, but.. selling international; by far and away the worst experience with non-paying bidders was/is Great Britain. I mean, approaching an almost 50 percent default rate. Continental Europe fine, Baltic countries fine, Russia, Scandinavia all fine to deal with. But with Jolly Old England I had to file so many non-paying bidder claims it was a a running joke in my house. One time was a kid winning a relatively expensive item, and then emailed me that he had to talk his dad into allowing him to go thru with the purchase, and could I hold the item until Christmas.

MichaelP
08-20-2011, 09:17 PM
...they got into their bosses car with 4 other guys, drove day and night 1,500 miles to break into someone’s work shop, that owed his boss money, then proceeded to smash, weld, hammer or otherwise destroy...I bet they parked in a designated area. Otherwise, Gary would flatten the tires of their getaway car and call police. :D

++

P.S. I wonder if Gary has a twin brother called Nelson. ;)

++

P.P.S. Another estate sale? http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/machinery-sale-wanted/sale-230924/

gwilson
08-20-2011, 10:40 PM
I have Canadian friends. But,whenever I ordered wood from Canada,they'd send me the crappiest stuff they had in stock. I suppose they thought they were too far away for me to bother trying to return junk.

I also got treated badly by Seguin machinery Co.,and will never try doing business with them again.

Jim Shaper
08-21-2011, 04:31 AM
Careful with that. You'll get hit with NSF charges, and often twice (paypal tries twice).

Go to some bank that offers free checking, open account, use that account solely for paypal.

I had a $600 wheel deal go bad when 3 of the 5 wheels showed up bent, with tape even marking 2 of them "bent"...

Paypal hadn't collected the authorized funds yet, so I went to the bank to ask what they could do about the bad deal: they said they couldn't reverse the charges unless the transaction completed. They would however, close my account and allow me to withdraw all the money. Nothing for paypal to get.

I went round and round with paypals fraud people, and since I wouldn't send the wheels back on my dime, they insisted I owed for them. I told them they could have the wheels and I was storing them for them, but they wouldn't issue a call tag either. I still have the stupid wheels (5 years later). I should bring them in for scrap.

rode2rouen
08-21-2011, 11:42 AM
P.P.S. Another estate sale? http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/machinery-sale-wanted/sale-230924/

Interesting....I wonder if this (vaguely described) item was parked too close to one of his "science projects".

""Also have a CNC machining center $5000. needs to be programmed.""

Rex

Willy
08-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by MichaelP

P.P.S. Another estate sale? http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...d/sale-230924/ (http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/machinery-sale-wanted/sale-230924/)

Perhaps merely a coincidence but the Lincoln welder in Gary's ad sounds very much like the one he has complained about here on numerous occasions.

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showpost.php?p=636631&postcount=3

Peter.
08-21-2011, 12:47 PM
No mention that it doesn't work in the ad :(

MichaelP
08-21-2011, 01:29 PM
O-oops! ;)

Black_Moons
08-21-2011, 04:13 PM
No mention that it doesn't work in the ad :(

I bet $10 hes using the wrong size contact tip. But let the new buyer figure that one out.. :P

MrSleepy
08-21-2011, 05:34 PM
If the Lincoln was mine..I'd remove the original torch fittings a convert it to use a Binzel torch MB26/36.
But for the money Gary wants you could get 5 in auctions over here.
High power 3 phase mig sets dont seem to sell well to garagistas.

Rob

clutch
08-21-2011, 08:12 PM
George must be having a life this weekend. I'd have thought this thread would have been locked by now.

I've been away from this site for the most part lately but I saw the posters nyme and it seemed familiar, a few responses later, I knew why.

I've never sold on ebay, and I have only got jammed once when someone didn't ship after payment and ebay/paypal eventually refunded. That seller had feedback in high 80's after her drop off the earth w/o a good reason trip. Before that she had good feedback or I'd have never bid.

I personally hate these all sales are final since buying is based on the sellers description and often intentionally missing views or fuzzy pictures. I have engaged in the collection of historic arms, the custom is that there is always a right of refusal if the arm is returned as delivered. Sometimes different people have different understandings of what a specimen should be rated as.

Clutch