PDA

View Full Version : OT Time stamp in google chrome

dockrat
08-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Morning gang!!! :) I just downloaded google earth and chrome to my new computer and find that the time stamp for the posts in here is 2 hours ahead of the actual time. Went through all the settings to find a time zone setting but can't find anything. I would have thought that it would pick up the time from the computer but it aint so! Tryed the help file but no luck there either. I know there are chrome users here so any ideas??????

rdfeil
08-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Ernie,

Recheck after you log into the board with Chrome...
The region settings are tied to your log-in and should be corrected after you log in. I have the same problem after I clear IE's cookies, catch etc... The board thinks I am a guest and defaults to Eastern Time so I am 3 hours off. I just log in and tell the computer to remember me and all is well till the next time....

Robin

MrSleepy
08-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Morning gang!!! :) I just downloaded google earth and chrome to my new computer and find that the time stamp for the posts in here is 2 hours ahead of the actual time. Went through all the settings to find a time zone setting but can't find anything. I would have thought that it would pick up the time from the computer but it aint so! Tryed the help file but no luck there either. I know there are chrome users here so any ideas??????

Have a look in the BBS user control panel- >edit options->date and time...time zone.

Rob

dockrat
08-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Ernie,

Recheck after you log into the board with Chrome...
The region settings are tied to your log-in and should be corrected after you log in. I have the same problem after I clear IE's cookies, catch etc... The board thinks I am a guest and defaults to Eastern Time so I am 3 hours off. I just log in and tell the computer to remember me and all is well till the next time....

Robin

by gawd!!! you win a lifetime supply of stringy Al swarf!!!! It will be in the mail first chance I get:D thanks a bunch