PDA

View Full Version : OT JLG repair

sdeering
08-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Way off topic hear and a shot in the dark but Iím looking for some help diagnosing a JLG boom lift. Lots of smart fellas on the board. I am using the lift to build a straw bail machine shop so its somewhat related LOL

Model 601s
Code 6-6 can bus failure. Can be a wiring problem or one of the 2 modules.
Wiring in-between ohms out good.
I purchased a hand held scanner. It works on the ground module pulled 25 codes all same 6-6.
Top module, scanner says fatly connection powers up scanner but can't scroll through the screens. wiring is good between.

My guess is the top module is bad but I would like to talk to someone with some experience with JLG lifts before I order the wrong module.
I also read programming the new module is necessary after installation? How?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Stephen

Black_Moons
08-25-2011, 07:45 PM
one thing I remember about CAN is it needs termination resistors at the end of the data lines, from data+ to data-, or the data will go totaly corrupt due to ringing.

sdeering
08-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the help black moons. They must be internal if there are any nothing shows in the wiring diagram. The modules are sealed.

JoeLee
08-26-2011, 09:30 PM
With out a wiring diagram it's hard to tell. I have a Genie and between safety, tilt and outrigger extension safety sensors, relays etc.etc. it's gets pretty complicated. I would call JLG, they should have a good tech guy you can talk to. Genie does.

JL........................

Black_Moons
08-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the help black moons. They must be internal if there are any nothing shows in the wiring diagram. The modules are sealed.

check the resistance beween data+ and data- of the modules, I think it should be under 1kohm if theres termination resistors (Im gonna say realisticly its omething like 30~400ohms but I totaly forget what exactly)

Both modules (Well, the ones at the very ends of the wiring, So both if theres only 2) need termination resistance.