PDA

View Full Version : Is there any type of CDCO coupon?

Tony Ennis
08-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Looking for a discount coupon. Not sure I've ever seen one for CDCO...

dalee100
08-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Hi,

I never have seen one either. He does have the occasional sale on certain items though. I picked up an independent 4-jaw chuck on a sale from him last winter.

dalee

Bill Pace
08-26-2011, 06:56 PM
I've been dealing with him for some 5-6 years and have never seen or heard of any means of geting a discount.

As dalee said, he usually has something on the home page of the website.

Black_Moons
08-26-2011, 07:09 PM
buying from CDCO IS the discount coupon, Come on. :P

KiddZimaHater
08-26-2011, 07:15 PM
buying from CDCO IS the discount coupon, Come on
HAHAHAHA ...You beat me to it, Black Moons.
Discount coupon for already cheap tools????:confused:

Tony Ennis
08-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Discount coupon for already cheap tools?

Oh hell yes. If I can get it, I want it.

He's killing me on shipping ;-)

PixMan
08-26-2011, 09:10 PM

Then buy slightly (or in some cases, significantly) better-quality tools from Tools4Cheap.net (http://www.tools4cheap.net) and get straight, honest shipping charges. You might pay a buck or 3 more for a toolholder block (for instance), but they're nicer and ship IMMEDIATELY for a fair cost.

Jeff even refused to accept any payment for the tools I had ordered from him because they had to be made-to-order in China. Nearly 3-1/2 months later he called to tell me that if I still want them, they're in and available on his website.

I gladly take service and quality over saving $5 on a $100 order, every time.

uncle pete
08-26-2011, 09:27 PM
+1 on tools4cheap and Jeff Beck, He shoehorned my last order into a fedex flat rate box.

Pete

Tony Ennis
08-26-2011, 09:43 PM
In all fairness, I am ordering some heavy stuff - a 5" chuck, a spin indexer, and a box of drills.

Carld
08-26-2011, 11:07 PM
When I order from him I get it in one to two days so I guess it's premium shipping.

Steelmaster
08-27-2011, 01:12 AM

He ships to Australia at cost, I pay for a Flat Rate box, give him a list of what I want and Frank fills it to volume/weight.

Doesn't charge a penny more than the USPS cost.

How can that be bettered?

In contrast tools4cheap charges over the USPS cost.

Lodsb
08-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Has anyone had any trouble with CDCO? He charged my card twice for a single order and, so far, refuses to credit me back. I turned it over to the bank. I'm thinking he's less than honest at this point. Simple mistake? Disbelief of my claim? Maybe he has fallen on hard times and is resorting to picking pockets. I just don't know but doubt I'll ever be placing another order with him.

oddball racing
08-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Sound Nothing like Frank, I have always had very good dealings with him. his biggest fault for me is he is sometimes difficult to understand on my telephone.
......I don't think that is much of a fault to have.

BTW, I am another one of tools for cheap's customers. All said on here is true about Jeff as well. I've been in his shop to pick up my order, a true stand-up gentleman.

Mike

Tony Ennis
08-27-2011, 10:56 AM
CDCO has always been awesome for me, that's why I go there first. I suppose I have never ordered 50# of stuff at once.

I find by adding more stuff to the order, the ratio of shipping-to-goods improves ;-)

MichaelP
08-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Jeff even refused to accept any payment for the tools I had ordered from him because they had to be made-to-order in China. Nearly 3-1/2 months later he called to tell me that if I still want them, they're in and available on his website.
Which is completely UNLIKE Frank from CDCO on both counts. Frank always charges in advance and then doesn't remember to ship backordered items. It takes quite a few calls to get what you paid for a few months ago.

Another problem that complicates the matter is that he almost never tells you a correct availability date: "one month" becomes "three months" and then "two more weeks", "call me in a week or so", etc.

Lodsb
08-27-2011, 01:46 PM
That makes him dishonest in my book, as I suspected. :mad:

MichaelP
08-28-2011, 03:47 AM
More like disorganized or irresponsible, I'd say.

I never had any problem with him selling whatever he actually had in stock. It's those backordered items I always had headaches with.

quasi
08-28-2011, 12:05 PM
asking for a discount coupon for the most inexpensive retailer of Chinese tooling? I bet you ask for a doggie bag at a $4.99 all you can eat buffet.