PDA

View Full Version : OT Google Chrome---IE9 and cookies

dockrat
08-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Up until recently I have always used IE9 as my browser. I downloaded the latest version of Google chrome a couple of weeks ago and have since been using that. I use Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security as my anti virus and scan every day with it. Using IE9, Trend always found and dumped a bunch of cookies at every scan but after scanning when I use Chrome it shows no cookies deleted.

So what is happening here??? Is chrome blocking the cookies or hiding them somewhere where Trend isnít looking for them? I see no settings in Chrome that deals with cookie handling. Have I lost my cookies?:confused:

lazlo
08-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Trend Micro apparently doesn't know about the Chrome browser, or where it keeps it's cookies.

There's a Chrome extension that schedules cookie deletion.

Rich Carlstedt
08-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Dumb question

Why would a company like Google, which survives on money made from advertisers, create a browser that deletes the very items they make money on ?

Sounds like a marketing ploy to me !

lazlo
08-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Rich, he's using his anti-virus software to clean up cookies. The software is apparently only cognizant of IE, and not Chrome. Each browser stores it's temporary files, including cookies, in a different directory.

dp
08-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Hmmm - nobody's called Trend Micro a crappy Asian product yet :)

Rich Carlstedt
08-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks Lazlo