PDA

View Full Version : Looking For S. Florida Members

Chris S.
08-28-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm trying to make more room, so I have to let some things go. Free for the taking is a genuine, pre-turn of the century, Barnes Velocipede. No, this is not a bicycle but the scroll saw. It's in good shape but missing the seat and peddles. Apparently, the previous owner removed them and was using it with a 1/2 HP motor. This is a parallel arm saw and has a very deep throat at 23-1/2". This model saw was featured on at least one Wood Wright shop episode and Roy managed not to cut himself in the episode I saw.

Note, I was going to donate it to a museum but they're only interested in complete machines.

http://www.tooltimer.com/barnes2.html
http://www.blueoxmill.com/antique-woodworking-tools.htm

Also being dumped is a very large stack of service manuals for various 1980s-1990s marine electronics ...Uniden, SMR, Datamarine, Standard, Apelco, ICOM, etc, both VHF radios and depth finders. Also land mobile radio, mostly Motorola & GE. This stuff has been in storage since I closed my marine electronics store about 16 years ago.

As I go through my storage bay there will undoubtedly be more stuff going including vintage instruments, some of which are military.

Video Man
08-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Chris, if you have any railroad-related items you wish to donate, the Gold Coast Railroad Museum (on the grounds of MetroZoo on SW 152 St in South Dade) would love to hear from you!:o

Chris S.
08-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Chris, if you have any railroad-related items you wish to donate, the Gold Coast Railroad Museum (on the grounds of MetroZoo on SW 152 St in South Dade) would love to hear from you!:o

I think I have a "Big Boy" tucked away somewhere. You'd think I'd be able to find something like that! :rolleyes:

Kidding aside, the only RR stuff that I have is my old 1960's vintage HO's and some FEC steel I scrounged when they removed a spur that used to deliver lumber to the Ocean City Lumber Co. My favorite bar sits there now but I still miss the spur and the lumber yard. :D

Chris

johnnyd
08-28-2011, 10:38 PM
I'll be happy (Overjoyed actually) to take that Velocipede off of your hands...:)
I'm in Palm Bay...(south Brevard County)
Where in south Florida are you located ?

Chris S.
08-28-2011, 11:38 PM
I'll be happy (Overjoyed actually) to take that Velocipede off of your hands...:)
I'm in Palm Bay...(south Brevard County)
Where in south Florida are you located ?

Hi Johnny,
I also saw your reply on the PM forum. I live in Delray Beach.

Thanks,
Chris

johnnyd
08-29-2011, 12:21 AM
I sent you a pm...:D

Video Man
08-29-2011, 01:03 AM
Thanks, Chris, for your reply. While we do have an extensiveHO and o-gauge model layout in the children's area, I'm not trying to beat you out of your HO things, they probably have some good collector value! Thanks again for replying.