PDA

View Full Version : New Sino DRO on my mill

MotorradMike
08-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Hi guys:

My DRO is installed except for some cable beautification, I've already used the "Bolt Circle" function which is awesome, and often use the built-in calculator.

Questions:
1/ What is the difference between "Multifunctional milling machine readout" and "Universal milling machine readout"? These are setup options not described in the manual.
2/ When it wakes up it displays ALS which I'm also not sure about.

Comments:
- As has been my experience, the Chinese get the most important stuff right but fall down on some things, like the manual, and crappy fasteners.
- The readout is big and bright and nicely housed in a metal enclosure. The scales are robust and come with plenty of armoured/shielded cable.
- Mounting bracketry is white metal, not necessarily square, but machines easily.
- Installation was a colossal fiddle but well worth the trouble.

I got this 6"+ x 14"+, 2 axis DRO for $449. If you want one, check out Accusizetools.ca. David is a really nice guy to deal with.

Bill McLeod
08-29-2011, 06:43 PM
multi versus universal i have no idea I paid no attention to that when I installed mine,,,, re ALS I don't know mine [all 3 of them] say ALE it's just saying absolute.

Mcgyver
08-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Mike, thanks for the review. A DRO is one thing i haven't added to the shop, yet.....being incredibly cheap is part of the issue :D but I still have mood swings between Newall, Cheap, Newall, Cheapo....,getting feedback helps

shadoof
08-29-2011, 06:54 PM
I found this when I was looking for a dro ( not decided yet)

might be a bit clearer

http://www.dro.com.tw/pdf/Manual.pdf

ALS

A b S o L ute

yeh, wrong order

Lee

MotorradMike
08-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Oops:

I'm a moron.
It says ALE.

MotorradMike
08-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Mike, thanks for the review. A DRO is one thing i haven't added to the shop, yet.....being incredibly cheap is part of the issue :D but I still have mood swings between Newall, Cheap, Newall, Cheapo....,getting feedback helps

From what I've seen, you don't have room for a DRO, unless you get rid of an oilcan.