PDA

View Full Version : Kurt D688 vise jaw stop

Magnum164
08-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Anyone using the vise jaw stop on the Kurt D688 and standard jaws? I was using mine to drill through holes on the end of rods and after a few parts were drilled of center realized that the stop was the problem. When placing the parts it was slightly moving.

I am using a mag mounted stop now, but just curious if anyone has had this problem and how you fixed it. I have tightened the stop down as tight as it will go. Got a backup I can try, but not sure I will trust this setup anymore.

dfw5914
08-29-2011, 07:15 PM
I use mine regularly, works great.

lazlo
08-29-2011, 09:13 PM
I never knew what the slot that's cut on the top of the screw housing was for until Mike (MickeyD) bought a new Kurt, and I saw that the stops were stored in that slot :)

Magnum164
08-29-2011, 11:17 PM
I never knew what the slot that's cut on the top of the screw housing was for until Mike (MickeyD) bought a new Kurt, and I saw that the stops were stored in that slot :)

yea, I didn't know my vise came with one till I ordered one and then I realized it was already on the shaft of the vise.

i did take mine apart and clean it. Seems to be holding now, can't budge it with my 5C collet holder. So must have had some crude in it not allowing me to tighten it down.