PDA

View Full Version : OT: Problems With Google Bookmarks

bborr01
09-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Hello,

I recently had to do a system restore to original state on my old sony laptop.

Got everythng loaded and running but somewhere along the way I lost my google bookmarks.

There is no wrench or gear or much of anything else in the toolbar to bring the bookmarks tab up with either. No spell checker. google light?

I did a search of google and came up empty handed after over a half hour of trying. A couple of things I read leads me to believe that if I were to switch to google chrome it would probably fix my problem. I don't like being forced to change to a new browser.

Is this some devious plot by google to force millions to switch from microsoft internet explorer to google chrome?

Anyone else experience this or know of a fix. I have literally hundreds of bookmarks that I can't seem to find.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brian

mochinist
09-08-2011, 02:32 PM
have you tried logging into to google?:confused:

I dont use it, but my understanding of google bookmarks, is the whole point is you can access it from whatever computer on whatever browser.

mochinist
09-08-2011, 02:36 PM
or maybe you had the google toolbar and it got uninstalled or its hidden.

right click up in a blank area of your browser, it should pop up some options to turn on or off installed toolbars, if its not there, this is the link for the toolbar download for IE
http://www.google.com/toolbar/ie/index.html

bborr01
09-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Mochinist,

YOU THE MAN.

I had a google toolbar and assumed it was all active. Used the link to download the full toolbar and it works great.

Thanks,
Brian

mochinist
09-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Glad I could help:cool: