PDA

View Full Version : Millrite Mill and B&S Surface Grinder in NJ

spongerich
09-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Just came from an estate sale and there's a nice Millrite Bridgeport Clone and a rather large B&S Surface Grinder for sale there.

The guy told me he'd take $350 for the mill. It looks like it's in pretty good shape. It'll need to be wrestled up a half dozen basement stairs, but if you're looking for a cheap mill it's probably worth the trouble.

I didn't look too closely at the B&S, but it looked pretty complete.

There's a lathe pictured on the website, but that's no longer available since it's sitting in the back of my car. :D

http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/193338.aspx

Robo
09-09-2011, 04:46 PM
If that were near Flint Michigan I would own that mill.....it looks to be in excellent shape.

Optics Curmudgeon
09-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Walnut Street in Roselle Park!? Crappola, I grew up on Jerome Street, before the apartments were there.

jugs
09-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Sad to see someones life & dreams go under the hammer :(

KiddZimaHater
09-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Sad to see someones life & dreams go under the hammer
Enjoy your family & toys while you're still here.
The same fate will come to our machines and tools when we kick the bucket.:(

lane
09-09-2011, 09:12 PM
I think the dumb thing to do was to leave the mill and grinder. Should have brought them all home.Worry about what to do with them later . Life is to short to not have enough tools.

spongerich
09-09-2011, 10:04 PM
I think the dumb thing to do was to leave the mill and grinder. Should have brought them all home.Worry about what to do with them later . Life is to short to not have enough tools.

Unfortunately, neither would have fit in my GTI :(

Plus I've pretty much already blown my toy budget for a while... If I showed up with another mill, I'd be sleeping in my shop for the next month.

jugs
09-10-2011, 02:04 AM
Unfortunately, neither would have fit in my GTI :(

Plus I've pretty much already blown my toy budget for a while... If I showed up with another mill, I'd be sleeping in my shop for the next month.

That would give you chance to get lots of thing done :) , just rig up a one way intercom so you can order food & drink to be delivered :D

Rex
09-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Unfortunately, neither would have fit in my GTI :( [quote]

You don't know till you try :)

[QUOTE=spongerich] If I showed up with another mill, I'd be sleeping in my shop for the next month

You say that like it's a Bad Thing

That was a nice mill. I do like that collet holder on the left. Is that original for those?