PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist Mini-Gloat

DICKEYBIRD
09-11-2011, 11:46 AM
I bought an older Makita 9.6v set with a 6095D drill, a right angle drill & the charger for $30.00 a while back from a Russian fellow on Craigslist. I bought a battery on eBay for cheap and have been real happy with the set.

The motor in the drill started squeeling a couple weeks ago so I took it apart and lubed the motor as best I could. I guess one of the bushings must be spinning so I looked around for a new motor but the best price I could find was $33.50 plus shipping. Too high for a tightwad like me.;)

Last week I found another 6095D drill (non working) with charger, case & 3 extra batteries for $20.00 on Craigslist so I took my battery with me to check it out. Dude said it was working, just needed new battery. It wouldn't run at all so I gave him $10 for it. I took it apart this morning and the only thing wrong was a corroded contact where the battery plugs in. The drill is in much better shape cosmetically than my other one and runs great. All 3 batteries charged up great so I call that a definite Mini-Gloat!:D

Mandatory picture:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g227/DBAviation/Makita6095D.jpg

dp
09-11-2011, 12:29 PM
I have that same drill - it is getting on in years, now, and it still works great. Nice find.

aboard_epsilon
09-11-2011, 01:29 PM
I have 5 of them ..or did have ..i ruined one doing the same repair as you ..whilst apart i put the battery in backwards and burned out the switch .

they are indestructible other than that ..

batts are good for years as well.

all the best.markj

kbertoson
09-12-2011, 12:41 PM
It is a good drill. I was given one at a garage sale. With the charger. He told me the batterys were dead. . Plugged in the battery it charged. Took it apart corroded terminals from leaving the cell in. Cleaned and now works well.