PDA

View Full Version : Small Ind Oven Switch Needed

flylo
09-13-2011, 06:22 PM
I just got a small "Blue-M" mod QV-18? industrial oven. It had a Off-Low-Med-High switch that I broke with a lift truck fork, hate it when that happens. It also has a Thermostat that is fine. It is 110V rotary switch. I looked on ebay & found lots but don't understand the way they term volts & amps or no specs were given. It only goes to about 450 degs I believe & has 3 elements hence the low-med-high. Can anyone direct me to a switch that will work. The cheaper the better as long as it will handle the load. I just want to use it for a welding rod oven. Thanks in advance! Eric

Black_Moons
09-13-2011, 06:29 PM
You'll likey find the oven has 2 elements, a low and a high element.

If you give us the wattage rating on the back, and voltage its speced for, we can tell you what amprage switch you need

Btw, it will be much easyer to fix it using two toggle switchs, a 'low' and 'high' toggle. (Technicaly, turning high on is 'medium' and turning low AND high on is 'high')

aboard_epsilon
09-13-2011, 06:35 PM
All i can say ..take the switch out ..

Look for a model number on it .

Put this into ebay with the the include description box ticked.

if no luck........do the search on Google

if there is a hyphen in the number ..put double inverted comers around it . eg "tp2-453" "

Find what your looking for with cached...then find other names for it and details

Go back to ebay with this new knowledge ..
find your switch

all the best.markj

flylo
09-13-2011, 07:44 PM
It has 3 elements so I'll call the company but will probably put 3 20 amp toggle switches. I thought of that just after I posted. I'm just glad I didn't do it with the glass doored vacuum forming oven or the 20HP Screw compressor. I had on all three & this was by fay the lightest.