PDA

View Full Version : Toy: Compaq iPaq 3835

Grind Hard
09-19-2011, 07:56 PM
One of these followed me home... it was included in a box of other more useful computer gew-gaws.

Near as I can tell it works. It's just old and the internal battery is shot... I think.

It has the jacket with a secondary battery... I plug it in the red light on the back flashes... what does that mean?

When I take it off the charger the device shuts down. Looking at the "power" screen I see:

MAIN:

0 -- 100%

That tells me nothing. If the battery was 100% the device wouldn't shut down when I take it off the charger.

Will the device run with the external battery and just that? I've got it on the charger... going to let it sit overnight before I do anything.

Can the internal battery be revived? I see I can get a replacement... but I'd prefer not to spend money on a historical curiosity if I can avoid it.

More or less I want to use it for the "you damn kids and your fancy iCrap you have no idea" factor. :D

macona
09-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Once a lithium ion is dead it's all over with. They must be replaced. Trying to force charge a Lithium will cause it to burst with flames.

Check ebay for a battery, probably pretty cheap.

Grind Hard
09-20-2011, 12:39 AM
Found one for $10.

I wish to avoid the flames. ;)