PDA

View Full Version : OT? - Just how short is your fuse?

KiddZimaHater
09-22-2011, 05:23 PM
I know we all get pi$$ed-off in the shop from time-to-time (daily???:eek: )
But how short is your fuse?
Certain things set me off, QUICKLY.
Other things, I let roll off my back.

I thought this might make for an interesting thread.:)

While working in the shop, machining... I'm calm, mellow, patient, whistling-while-I-work, I love it.
Repairing my machines, I enjoy it.
I Love doing yardwork.
Don't mind electrical work, Carpentry, painting.
BUT..
Certain things just set me off:
Computer lock-ups drive me into an instant rage. I'm ready to smash the keyboard.
Trying to purchase things online, only to have all of your typed-info vanish at checkout.... GGRRRRR......STUPID INTERNET !!!!
Plumbing.... LOOK OUT!! Monkey wrench will be flying across the room!!!
Busting my knuckles while working on a car... Forget it, there'll be $1000 worth of extra damage after I smash-up the engine.
Electronic gizmos go on the fritz, I throw them across the room, and they smash into a zillion pieces.
Maybe I should learn to control my temper.... or just stay in the shop longer, where I'm in my element.:o
What sets you guys off?

millwrong
09-22-2011, 05:37 PM
Tax software. Haggling over money. Actually, anything to do with money-that's why I don't have any.

John Stevenson
09-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Bridgeports...................

Dave P.
09-22-2011, 05:50 PM
I'll play...
A few months back I had a part out of 316 stainless, the material
cost me $420 and I had a little over 15 hours of manual machine time
in it. Only a few details left to go and a customer expecting it real
soon. Was tired and managed to screw up a flange depth in z axis
on my Bridgeport by .100......people in other towns may have
heard me swearing, snot may have shot out my nose, might
have actually cried. Had to go outside and just sit for a bit, then
came back in and ordered another hunk of 316.
These kinds of things will REALLY piss me off.
Dave

saltmine
09-22-2011, 05:56 PM
In the shop I don't have a problem...most of the time. When I worked every day as a mechanic, my boss trying to micro-manage things he knew nothing about was frustrating...But, I figured out an amusing way to counter that annoyance...I did EXACTLY what he told me to, which usually ended in disaster. And then I would remind him that I was doing EXACTLY what he wanted...and had he let me do it MY WAY there would be no problem. Eventually he spent more and more time in his office, organizing bass tournaments (on the County's dime).

I'm retired now, so I don't have that frustration. Very little in my workshop tends to bother me...'cept maybe for those dim-witted monkeys who drive by twenty times a day with their stereos blasting. They must be drug dealers or still living at home with their parents....When I was working I never had time to drive up and down the same street for hours every day. And I never had the cash to buy as much gas as they burn up driving around in circles, all day. I'll have the last laugh, though, when they're deaf as a post, and I can still hear.
"Measure twice, and cut once"....Sometimes you can't get a break, no matter how you try. There's always that last piece of stock that I measure wrong, cut and have to postpone the project until I can go to the metal supplier for more stock...(my metal supplier is only 250 miles away, one way)... Yes, there are local metal supply places. If you're interested in four sizes of quality rebar, diamond plate in aluminum or steel, and black iron pipe. No matter how frustrating things get in my shop, I know I can close the door, and go inside for a cold drink and put my feet up.

bobw53
09-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Putting an angle plate down next to one of the mills yesterday. Smashed my head into the controller. Nice big bloody gash and a goose egg.

I hit the damn controller box twice, until I realized that my head AND my hand hurt. I usually only snap when I get hurt.

My tolerance for people is much much larger. Then again, nobody has hit me in the head that hard since elementary school(except for other random assorted things I've smashed my head, hands, legs, arms and feet into), and they got a wumpin' until my hand hurt.

My fuse is pretty long, I just expect people to be stupid. Makes life easier that way. If I'm the only customer in the bank, making a simple deposit, I budget 20 minutes. I usually leave happy. Though not always, apparently a simple deposit can be a difficult thing for a retarded person.

aboard_epsilon
09-22-2011, 06:16 PM
there's a question ..

why does your head swell up like a goose egg when you bump it ..and not any other part of the body like that :confused:

all the best.markj

KiddZimaHater
09-22-2011, 06:46 PM
apparently a simple deposit can be a difficult thing for a retarded person.
HAHAHAHAHAHa....
Oh damn,
I forgot about the old bank deposit.
One of my steady customer writes me a check every week when I deliver his parts.
3 years now, NEVER bounced a check, NEVER insufficient funds.
But..... EVERY WEEK, the SAME lady behind the counter has to pick up the phone, and call her supervisor, to figure out how to deposit my check.
GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR........
WHY?? What's happening????
it's not like I'm trying to cash a $20,000 check!!!!!! SHEESH.

boslab
09-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Damn, you guys need to get some meds!, punching a milling machine, now that i would have liked to see on youtube!, you would have millions of hits!
I used to get really stressed when i was young, it never did any good, door and fist syndrome, lol. 3 heart attacks cooled me down!, i still get a little pissed from time to time but dont know why? just irritated, reckon most of us need to take a good look at our diets or somthing, stay calm, live long! i hope
mark

wierdscience
09-22-2011, 06:56 PM
I can generally keep cool about everything even the occasional Galactically stupid customer I encounter.

The thing that really sets me off is dropping a tray of bolts or fittings on the floor.Did that last week,dropped two 5lb boxes of cotter keys on the floor.I was so pissed I nearly picked the whole shelf unit up and pitched it out a plate glass window.\

Then some Dumb Motherf---er asked me"what happend,you drop something?" that's when the fight started:eek:

rohart
09-22-2011, 07:03 PM
KIDD: How do you think the b***dy supervisor feels ?
g
I had a bad day on Tuesday. I was off to listen to some fools at my younger daughter's school blether on. Now I've just helped my eldest though her exams and sent her off to Uni, so hearing people who teach people four years younger expecting me to be impressed by their patronising attitude didn't help.

So apparently I was a bit short with one of them. Came out to the car, and there's a bicyclist maintaining I almost ran him down on my way in. I'd thought 'idiot' when he shouted at me when I gave him SLIGHTLY less room than I normally do - I'm a cyclist too, note - but here he was harangueing me - and waiting for me !

I should have let it go, but I tried to convince him he was the fool. Ten minutes of argueing and I finally said I'd had enough and drove off.

It's affected my whole week - let's say it's put a damper on it.

So that was two sort of blown fuses in one evening - nothing too serious, no damage. The first would have been better if I'd said nothing, and the second if I'd just said 'OK, you're right, now leave it at that.'

I wonder if posting this will make me feel better about it, or WORSE!!

vpt
09-22-2011, 07:11 PM
I've learned to calm down. I used to fly off the handle all the time but have learned it doesn't help anything. Staying calm and working things out and not being surprised by anything really helps for working threw problems and getting the job done. Sure now and then I'll cuss about breaking off a drill bit in a exhaust manifold or when I see the brake line I just replaced last year is rusted out already. But it doesn't get the job done.

Having three kids helps you learn to take things as they come.

Chris S.
09-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Very little in my workshop tends to bother me...'cept maybe for those dim-witted monkeys who drive by twenty times a day with their stereos blasting.

Yeah, that's the trigger!! When I hear "RAP CRAP" in my neighborhood I get an overwhelming desire to clean my guns and do ammunition inventory! :D

FYI: Watching to much "Hard Core Pawn", on the "True TV" channel doesn't help my disposition either. So, I change the channel and watch COPS. :rolleyes:

Chris

ligito
09-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Yeah, that's the trigger!! When I hear "RAP CRAP" in my neighborhood I get an overwhelming desire to clean my guns and do ammunition inventory! :D

FYI: Watching to much "Hard Core Pawn", on the "True TV" channel doesn't help my disposition either. So, I change the channel and watch COPS. :rolleyes:

Chris

Why do most of the reality shows have to have people with attitudes?
Does the audience enjoy this?
I don't.

Daddyjack
09-22-2011, 07:41 PM
I really thought nothing bothered me much anymore until I pulled up next to a car recently. In the back seat was 2 little girls, probably 2 or 3 years old, with nothing holding them in. Not even a seat belt. To make matters worse mom was sitting in the driver's seat smoking and the entire car was so full of smoke you could hardly see across the seats. I stopped a few blocks further on and told a cop but I doubt anything came of it. That little girls face is going to haunt me. Jack

wierdscience
09-22-2011, 07:42 PM
I've learned to calm down. I used to fly off the handle all the time but have learned it doesn't help anything. Staying calm and working things out and not being surprised by anything really helps for working threw problems and getting the job done. Sure now and then I'll cuss about breaking off a drill bit in a exhaust manifold or when I see the brake line I just replaced last year is rusted out already. But it doesn't get the job done.

Having three kids helps you learn to take things as they come.

I used to work on trucks regular,had a guy that worked with me by the name of Gabe.He had a bad temper and it didn't take much to set him off.We were working changing an air drier and a couple filters on a Pete when he stood up and ramed his skull right into the mirror.
He grabbed up a 3/4 breaker bar and totally trashed what was then a $700 chromed west coast heated mirror AND ruined the door skin in the process.

The shop owner saw him do it and fired him on the spot,the mirror nor the truck never felt a thing.It just doesn't pay to fly off like that,word got around town about what happened and last time I saw him he was mopping floors in McD's.

Iraiam
09-22-2011, 08:02 PM
It takes alot to make me go off, Let me re-phrase that, I may go off inside like super-fly TNT, but you'll never see it. I especially refuse to let a machine get under my skin. People on the other hand.....

I got a bicycle story too, I was on a long ride with my mountain bike, mostly on paved bike paths, I passed another cyclist coming the other direction, this other biker turned around and chased me so he could gripe that I crossed the line (I did not). I chewed that guy a new one without regard to diplomacy until he rode off. I never was mad I just wanted to see how much verbal abuse he would take before either leaving or taking a swing at me.

vpt
09-22-2011, 08:21 PM
I used to work on trucks regular,had a guy that worked with me by the name of Gabe.He had a bad temper and it didn't take much to set him off.We were working changing an air drier and a couple filters on a Pete when he stood up and ramed his skull right into the mirror.
He grabbed up a 3/4 breaker bar and totally trashed what was then a $700 chromed west coast heated mirror AND ruined the door skin in the process.

The shop owner saw him do it and fired him on the spot,the mirror nor the truck never felt a thing.It just doesn't pay to fly off like that,word got around town about what happened and last time I saw him he was mopping floors in McD's.

Yeah, there is just no point in going off. Maybe an ouch and a son-of-a-, but no need in smashing stuff, that just cost money.

gary350
09-22-2011, 08:26 PM
I don't get pissed of to an extreme very often but when I make a mistake on the mill or lathe I could scream. When I get tired I make mistakes. When I get tired I know its time to take a break. If I get tired in the middle of the day I may go to lunch early. If I get tried late in the day it is time to quit early.

For 20 years the neighbor woman next door has called city code, police and fire department on me probably well over 100 times. She is the self appointed neighbor hood Gestapo. She calls code, police, fire department on everyone in the whole neighborhood. For 20 years I have ignored it but in the past month the woman has called code, police fire department probably 50 times. My wife says it is all about pecking order. I finally decided I have had enough now I am pushing back and I am having fun pushing. I got a list of code rules and I have been calling on her. WOW it has made the woman MAD big time and it has not turned into WWIII. She runs a hair cutting salon out of her house, code guide lines allows her to cut hair 4 days a week, 6 hours per day, Wed to Sat from 10 am to 4 pm. The woman cuts hair from 7 am to 8 pm 7 days a week so I reported her to code. Code came out and caught her in the act at 8:30 am and gave her a warning. She said she would not do it again but when the Code man Mathew drove away she continued as usually like nothing had happened 3 more customers before 10 am and 5 more customers after 4 pm. Code came and caught her cutting hair and it got pretty loud in the drive way, Mathew told her to be in his office 8 am Tuesday morning. She continued to cut hair 7 am to 8 pm like nothing happened right up to Tuesday. She was all dressed up and went to see Mathew at codes office she returned and was cutting hair as usually at 9 am. She is on the war path she and has been calling police, code, fire department on me anytime she can think of a reason. I have been getting a burn permit ever day to burn tree stumps in my yard she calls the fire department every 15 minutes and complaines all day long every day I burn stumps. The fire marshal drove by my house several times and looked but he say nothing that was a problem. She kept calling complaining there is so much smoke I can not see the house across the street so the fire marshal drove by my house again and there was no smoke. The fire marshal told the woman to stop calling us the guy has a burn permit and he is not doing anything wrong. She kept calling so the fire marshal told the secretary to hang up on the woman. I put up a security camera looking directly at her business door that set her on fire she called the police. Police said it is every person right to have security cameras. So the woman sets in the driveway and honks her car horn for the sound system on the camera. She also stands in the driveway and blows a horn at the camera. My wife called the police on her wow that made the Gestapo woman mad. The police told her I can blow a horn too, we can both blow horns at each other all we want there is no law against it. She stopped blowing the horn now she has 4 spot lights set up outside my window trying to blind my security camera. Lights are doing me a favor the whole side of my house is light up all night and she is paying the electric bill. I am enjoying screwing with her this is the most fun I have had in a long time. She is so mad she doesn't know what to do next. LOL. I put up more motion detector lights around my shop and house I made sure to use spot lights instead of flood light aimed at her house the lights flash on/off all night long. I have a locomotive train horn set up in the shop window 30 ft from her car door when the time is right I will blast her with 150 db that should scare the socks off of her. LOL. This is fun and a great stress release. I need to read more of code rules I am sure I can find something else to call code about.

The past 20 years from time to time I decide to screw with the Gestapo woman a little. One day the idle wheel broke off the the lawn mower deck so I welded it back on. Later I set up my large Tesla Coil in the front yard and fired it up. It makes 12 ft sparks and arcs all around the 3 ft sphere filling the whole front yard with a 27 ft circle of lightning. It scares the women to death and she calls the police. I have learned from experience it takes the police 15 minutes to arrive and I can have the Tesla Coil put away in 10 minutes. The police knock on the door. They tell me the women next door complained your making sparks that scare her. I told the police I was doing some welding repairs to the lawn mower, which was true. The police shook their head and said, I am glad she lives next to you and not me and they drove away.

I got tired of the neighbor calling code and wanting my house painted every summer so I had all the wood covered with vinyl now I don't have to paint it anymore.

The Gestapo woman called code on the family across the street. They had out of state family visit for about a week or longer city code sent them a notice about too many people living in the same house.

http://home.earthlink.net/~gary350/tc10-4.jpg

brian Rupnow
09-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Funny story.---My dad had a very short fuse. He was Hell on wheels as a father, and I still probably have marks to show for it. So do some of the old men in the community. He wasn't a bad dad, as dads go---But real quick with his hands. I still loved him. Fast foreward 25 years---My 14 year old stepson goes fishing with dad.---Comes home and tells me---"Gee, you musta had a great time when you were a kid!!! Grandpa Angus is such a neat guy!!!" ???????????And now I find I'm the same way.------went thru most of my adult life pissed off at something. Ready to fight if someone looked at me crossways. Now I'm a semi old-man, 65 years old. I find that like my father I have mellowed out by a quantum amount. Things just don't bend me out of shape like they did for so many years. I like life a lot better this way!!!

Forrest Addy
09-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Life is too short to spend getting angry or irritable over petty things. Big things like bad weather and witless bureaucracies you cant do a thing about. OTH Big things like good weather and well run bureaucracies makes life much easier.

Small things like irritating commercials and rude drivers you can ignore.

That leaves ex's and kids. OTH a little courteous resistance will go a long way to easing an insoluable problem.

The trick is to somehow finesse what you can, laugh at those who insist on being enemies, and remember tomorrow is another day, maybe even a nice one.

Anybody sick yet?

polepenhollow
09-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Not necessarily a short fuse, but something that sets my mood for the rest of the day.
"It's 5:00 AM and the house is cold and dark. I want to take a shower. The water is cold.
My glasses are off, I can't see a thing, and I am partially underwater, freezing my butt off. (Don't forget it's 5:00 AM) I reach for a ledge bottle (Height to width ratio of appx 1.5" to 6", purchased by my S.O.) The bottle is light purple and written in darker purple fancy script it says, "REVITALIZING PEANUT and POMEGRANITE EMOLLIENT for a REFRESHING WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE". What in the Hell does it do? Is it body soap or hair soap?
All bottles should be Olive Drab w/ Black Block Letters, (Military Style).
Then I would sit in a car in an early morning traffic jam for an unknown slowdown.
When I got to work, some of my first encounters of the day would be someone telling me that something didn't work overnight.
"It didn't work !!!!!
"I'll give you a "Wonderful Experience"."
And the word on the factory floor for the rest of the week; "Boy, is that old Tool and Diemaker in the back of the shop crabby and have a SHORT FUSE.
And today was Monday; there’s 4 more days to go this week.

K Liv

This weekend is the GEARS show in Portland OR.

saltmine
09-22-2011, 09:24 PM
When my Mom first met my step-Dad, he was running a small auto repair and body shop in Belleville, Illinois. Common for the area, the shop had windows all the way around the shop that ran half way up from the ground to the roof. My old man was a tool thrower. Whenever he smacked his thumb or skinned his knuckles, a wrench or other tool went flying through one of the windows. He had a contract with a local glass shop, and every couple of days they would show up and replace all of the broken windows.
My brother and I would get a nice, crisp ten dollar bill on Saturday, if we came over to the shop and picked up all of the tools rusting outside. You could tell what kind of mood he was in by how many broken windows you could see in the shop. In the winter time, or during the rainy weather, replacing the windows was fairly important. To this day, I don't know how many tools or windows he went through.

macona
09-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Airsmith...

spope14
09-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Not much really irritates me now.

My future son in law has had a broken window and rotting panels in his truck for the better part of a year now, I keep offering to help him repair them, even just said bring the MFin thing up and I will do it for you, can't have my daughter driving a windowless truck one more winter. He takes this as an affront to him as a man, and I am starting to treat it just that way now. Yet the lazy SOB will not get off his ever increasingly fat arse to do a simple thing like open the door panel, plug the window motor back in, or at least jack the window closed. Doing both the window and the body work would take me the greater part of a Friday though Sunday if he helps, or a Saturday afternoon to do the window and bodywork and put the first coat of paint on and a Sunday morning to do a final coat then a clear coat if he leaves me alone.

My daughter even gets irritated at me for offering now, says it makes them feel unappreciated by me. They also like to tell me how broke they are, but they come up to the house every f'in time with those big old honking $5.00 Dunkin Donut latte's in hand - even I can't afford those. I just turn around and walk awy "got things to do". My wife gets it, I am getting away before I go completely ape dookie. This has been a slow burn, but now with bad weather coming again is a major issue I will not let go with him.

Yeah, people I am or will be related to being f'in long term lazy sets me right off.

Yet, my other daughter is Ivy league and out works me 5 pounds to one to stay in school, keep high grades and pay her tuition.

This is about it though, for life has thrown some hard curve balls at me over the years, a few earned through my own arrogance, others just by chance- others just by living a good while, but not too long. I have learned that for the vast majority of things, I just let the problems or irritations go off me like water off a ducks back. I have long learned to turn away and pick my fights and do it with dignity and grace.

wierdscience
09-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Airsmith...
:D :D :D :D

Tom S
09-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Machines/physical things don't set me off, flying off the handle doesn't fix anything in those situations. Work's got to be done one way or another.

I have two situations that really set me off. Unfortunately they happen quite often at work.

First is when I stay late or work a weekend on a project because it needs to be done, then when I come in the next morning/Monday and have someone who works 0 overtime complain that something or another has not been done. No appreciation for anyone else's work.

Second is when people turn a little issue that could quickly/easily be fixed into a big issue by panicking and dragging as many people in as they can. But, by the time I hit the floor to actually fix the problem a supervisor/self-starting employee has fixed it already. I see this a lot, and it drives me up the wall.

J Tiers
09-22-2011, 10:23 PM
Some folks are weird.....

I'm in the grocery store, and in line at checkout. Woman ahead of me has a cart, a few things in it, Ok for the quick line... There is a hand shopping basket on the floor ahead of me, I hadn't looked to see what she did, but she must have put it down directly in front of me. But now she has her back to it, and is ignoring it.. has been for some time as we wait.

So needing to move forward, I move it to the side with the others.

She turns around a minute later, and snaps "I put that there for a REASON".

I say "it didn't appear to be being used, so I moved it with the others".

She gets in my face and shouts "was it in your way?" Which it obviously was, , but I see she is trying to make a point, so I just said "I see that apparently people like me are not welcome in this line", and I went to the other one. She was last seen grousing to the checker and glaring at me.... no idea what her problem was.... she never did use the basket for anything but provoking a problem.

Sometimes I have good judgment and an "unflappable" attitude..... other days not so much.

She caught me on a good day.....

Otherwise I might have declared that she was "insulting Islam" ( I am told I look something between French, Greek, and Arab)..... or something else somewhat obnoxious and calculated to be un-answerable...

lynnl
09-22-2011, 10:24 PM
:D Thanks Macona, that's the second best laugh I've had in a long time.

I'll now proceed to tell about the first best laugh in a long while.
I'd thought about starting a new thread for this, but realized it's so trivial, and others may not appreciate it like I did.

It's about a TV commercial I saw yesterday on one of those "How It's Made" or "How do They do it" shows that I had recorded. Normally I just fast forward past the commercials, but for some reason I watched this one. ...glad I did!

Here goes:
First scene shows this big guy, who's obviously the boss at an auto repair shop, answering the phone as he stands behind a counter doing admin stuff: "Hello, Gary speaking, thanks for calling A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A Auto Repair." (and on the wall behind him you can see the sign with that name.)

Second scene: As Gary hangs up, one of the employees (mechanic) walks up to the window at the partition between office and work bays, with a wrench in hand, and says "Hey Gary, why do we have so many A's in our shop name?"

Gary responds, "Because that puts us first in the phone book." ..."you know, kinda gives us a competitive edge."

Employee then says, "You know Gary, if we used FedEx for all of our shipping, parts would arrive quicker. They ship from all over the world, ...and they handle all the customs. We'd always have next day delivery and blah, blah.... THAT would sure give us a competitive edge!"

Gary ponders a moment and says, "hey you know, you're right. You're pretty sharp. You've got a bright future here at A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A Auto repair!" :D:D:D

I realize that's one of those "you-had-to-have-been-there-and-heard-it-yourself" things. But I've been dying to tell that. Wife didn't seem to fully appreciate the humor, as I choked and suffocated in trying to tell her about it.

Partly my point is: there's enough fun in life to more than negate the irritating moments. And getting pissedoff doesn't do any good anyway.

(for those who watch TV, be on the lookout for this commercial)

J Tiers
09-22-2011, 10:25 PM
Duplicate deleted

Weston Bye
09-22-2011, 10:25 PM
Since getting the stent, I've adopted the mellow. I remember reading in the paper about a guy involved in a fender bender. He went all ballistic, turning purple with rage, then flopped over and croaked.

I have this pet theory that those of us subject to cholesterol can wash loose gobs of the junk with a shot of adrenalin. I try to avoid adrenalin. I find it painful.

Scottike
09-22-2011, 10:32 PM
When I was younger I would get pretty short tempered when things went wrong.
Sent more than a few wrenches and hammers skittering across the shop floor.
But over the years, people say I've mellowed a lot, maybe even too much??
Several years ago we had a POS craftsman rider that I used on our acre to mow the lawn, the water table there was only 4' below grade so we didn't have to worry about watering and the grass grew well all summer long.
After using tow behind sweeps for the clippings a few years and dealing with the aggravation of those things, I finally broke down and went to sears and spent the $250 bucks for a bagger for the mower.
Two weeks after I got the bagger the engine went on the mower.
I was so PO'd I pushed the mower into the shop and spent the rest of the afternoon breaking down the machine until there were no nuts, bolts, screws or components left attached to anything else.
The next day it all went to the recycle yard.

bobw53
09-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Tom S, I know what you mean, got my ass chewed one Monday years ago.

the CNC lathe was dirty. 2 of us slammed out a rush job over the weekend(Saturday morning), and the run time was long enough to let us set up and run the lathe.

We ran a rush job, on a Saturday, AND we pulled $2400 off of the lathe, so we didn't clean it, Big F'N Deal, you weren't here on Saturday, $400 an hour off of one machine(on top of the other stuff we were running), and you're bitching it wasn't clean. F--- you.

Still not as mad as the machine stuffing the controller into my head. I taught that SOB a lesson, it now knows it is much harder than my fist. I think we now have an understanding. The machine realizes I'm an idiot, and I realize the machine never moved or meant me no harm, and its my fault.

And yes. I talk to my machines, when I walk by I'll give 'em a pat and say "how you doing old girl". rude machines haven't answered me yet. If they do answer, I'm going to go see a shrink real fast.

BigMike782
09-22-2011, 11:13 PM
I am my Fathers son temper and all.Once I realized I was turning into my Dad I also realized that having his temper was not a good thing so I work hard at trying to remain calm.
One weekend Dad was finishing a pine cabinet for Moms fancy dishes and he was having all sorts of trouble spraying the laquer.He finally went over the edge and smashed the cabinet in the driveway.....with an axe:eek:
The only good side to the story is that Mom has a beautiful solid cherry floor to ceiling china cabinet that he built to replace the smashed one......and it has a nice finish on it too.

flylo
09-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Gary back in June you told of making exploding 12 ga shotgun molds. I asked about buying one & your reply on June 23 was and I quote

"I am in the process of moving to a different house with a larger work shop it will be a month or longer before I have my shop set up so I can build things."

I still have the PM so how is it you lived where you are 20 years? Which is it or is it none of the above?
If you ever do move make sure it's not near me.
As far as short fuses go liars are on the top of my list! :(

Chris S.
09-23-2011, 12:13 AM
Why do most of the reality shows have to have people with attitudes?
Does the audience enjoy this?
I don't.

Well yeah. I watch the History Channel's "Pawn Stars" for the rare antiques that come through their door. Especially, the wow-cool firearms and artillery. I watch "Hardcore Pawn" for the endless parade of obnoxious, combative, gang banging, "You owe me", freaks that pass through their doors. The latter has been educational for me. I now know that if I ever had to go to Detroit I will be traveling in a fully loaded Abrams and if it doesn't come equipped with a flame thrower, it will have to be retrofitted! :D

Chris

Bill736
09-23-2011, 12:27 AM
I recall a movie that is instructive in learning to keep your cool. It's called
" Get Shorty", staring John Travolta. Travolta plays a tough guy , but he gets out of most of his tight spots by being laid back and cool, even though he could alternately solve his problems with force. It's mostly in your attitude, and learning to just walk away from a problem when you need to. I make it a challenge in my own life to solve problems , especially with others, using the most conservative , simple, and limited approach that still works. Give a little, be a little humble, or just leave it be. Kill them with kindness....they'll remember you the most.

Pete F
09-23-2011, 01:38 AM
PLUMBING! I HATE FREAKING PLUMBING!

I am generally known as an exceptionally patient and calm person, but when I have to lie on the floor, drag myself under a cabinet, hold a tool at an awkward angle to connect/disconnect/tighten something, it is all I can do to not lose my SHEETS.

New fridge arriving tomorrow, which means on Saturday I have to run the water line to the ice maker. I have said it before here, I take my hat off to plumbers.

-Pete

.RC.
09-23-2011, 01:54 AM
Well Can't say I have been this angry before..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/OzRinger/angrycactus_Have_you_ever_been_so_angry_that-s492x374-93700-580.jpg

Black Forest
09-23-2011, 02:46 AM
We have four roads that come into our place. They meet in an crossroads. At every entrance to our property are signs. This is private property. No hikers, bikers. Only our guests are allowed. Big signs at every entrance. No Dogs allowed on the property.

No one is allowed to bring dogs onto our property. If someone comes the first time and brings a dog they must leave it in the car. Do not take the dog out of the car on our property.

What gets me are the hikers that come through. If I see them I stop them. I always ask if they read the signs. They always say yes. I then ask then why did you come through. They answer it is shorter this way to go where we want to go. I am at this point starting to get irritated. They get real indignant when I tell them they have no right to go this way. It is a private road.

It is mostly the women that get real loud about it. When they get in my face I tell them to turn around and go back the way they came. Then they get really mad. If they continue I call the police.

When they come through with dogs I get really mad right away. One man not long ago pushed my wife out of the way and said he was going through. He found out instantly he should be more polite. I and sure he needed surgery on his nose! I have no tolerance for these people. He called the police and they came. He told them what I did. The police know me very well. They told him he was lucky he didn't leave in a ambulance. Then they asked my wife if she wanted to file a complaint against him.

The Swiss hikers are the worst. They are the most arrogant people on the planet.

wbleeker
09-23-2011, 03:37 AM
I don't let much annoy me, I have employees - and they do some of the most stupid things and have a complete lack of commonsense.
If you want to see P****d off, upset my wife- one of the employee's did this morning, I used to be scared of her, but after 30 years I just ignore her when she gets in a tear and she knows it.
Will

saltmine
09-23-2011, 03:50 AM
One thing that used to anger me was waiting in line at the grocery store, and have some sloppy fat woman in front of me with two shopping carts of mostly junk food & soda....especially when she checked out and paid for the whole thing (about $350) with food stamps. The main reason I would get mad was because I paid for the stuff (in a way).

After retiring, I found myself needing to supplement my income since my State retirement annuity wasn't enough to live on. And, of all the stupid things I could have done, I took a job in a convenience store.
It didn't take long to discover a steady stream of dopers, tweakers, trailer trash, illegal aliens, and morons parading through the door every day. Each one carried the new improved version of "food stamps" ...a credit card called an EBT card. Every day I sold candy, ice cream, soda, and junk food to scores of people who didn't or wouldn't work, and some that barely deserved to wear the skin they had on. But the thing that really frosted me the most was these worthless scum, buying "energy drinks" for their 2-3 year old children, when the kids were not shoplifting candy because their parents didn't buy nutritious food for them to eat. I paid into these accounts, Illegal aliens didn't, but they get the benefits, not me.

Playing target for every scumbag in that end of town, and almost getting robbed literally every night, I finally decided I'd had enough, and quit.
Unfortunately, the poor guy who covered my shift after I quit, got robbed the next night, and severely pistol whipped. And then Corporate had the nerve to write the guy up for having too much money in the cash register after dark, that night.

As if this were not enough aggravation, I recently saw on the news that restaurants want the rules changed so that welfare recipients can use their EBT cards to buy a meal in a "sit down" restaurant (of course, the tip will be paid on the card, too)...Not to be left out, McDonalds and Burger King are pushing for EBT cards to be accepted at their restaurants, too!

Being retired, and on a fixed income, I can't afford to eat at McDonalds or a real restaurant...but these welfare recipients can...and I had to pay for it.

Sometimes I wonder what our legislators are thinking.

What's really aggravating, is the fact that since my step-Dad passed away recently, my Mother is having a rough time paying the bills, and keeping a roof over her head. She went to the DES (welfare office) and asked if she could get some help. Bear in mind, this is a woman who is a citizen, and has worked all of her life, paying taxes and never having to ask for aid before.
The lady at the DES told her they might be able to help her with food stamps, but can't give her any cash to help pay her house payment or property taxes....because she doesn't have any children in her care. BUT, illegal aliens are handed a card that entitles them to have $600 a month worth of food and $400 a month in cash....WTF???

gordob
09-23-2011, 04:08 AM
I know i shouldnt laugh about all of your misfortunes, but honestly some of these things are so hilarious i honestly fell off my seat.

the thing that really presses my rage button is when someone tells me im doing a job the wrong way after i have spent hours setting up the machines and double measuring it. they usually get the response "Well why are you getting me to do this work if you know how to do it?" it usually doesnt help the situation and often the responses are just like pouring petrol on a fire, nothing has ever got physical yet thankfully.

The other thing that annoys me is people who think they can drive SO well only to be intimidated by a slightly tight parking space. Ironically, it is just so satisfying to wait behind them to see if they can make the park and they usually dont because they think they are holding me up and drive off; My thoughts are usually "Sweet, first cab off the rank!" as i park effortlessly

Bit of a ramble, i know. Certainly nothing comparable to your stories, but i had to contribute

aboard_epsilon
09-23-2011, 06:47 AM

I'd thought about starting a new thread for this, but realized it's so trivial, and others may not appreciate it like I did.

It's about a TV commercial I saw yesterday on one of those "How It's Made" or "How do They do it" shows that I had recorded. Normally I just fast forward past the commercials, but for some reason I watched this one. ...glad I did!

Here goes:
First scene shows this big guy, who's obviously the boss at an auto repair shop, answering the phone as he stands behind a counter doing admin stuff: "Hello, Gary speaking, thanks for calling A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A Auto Repair." (and on the wall behind him you can see the sign with that name.)

Second scene: As Gary hangs up, one of the employees (mechanic) walks up to the window at the partition between office and work bays, with a wrench in hand, and says "Hey Gary, why do we have so many A's in our shop name?"

Gary responds, "Because that puts us first in the phone book." ..."you know, kinda gives us a competitive edge."

Employee then says, "You know Gary, if we used FedEx for all of our shipping, parts would arrive quicker. They ship from all over the world, ...and they handle all the customs. We'd always have next day delivery and blah, blah.... THAT would sure give us a competitive edge!"

Gary ponders a moment and says, "hey you know, you're right. You're pretty sharp. You've got a bright future here at A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A Auto repair!" :D:D:D

I realize that's one of those "you-had-to-have-been-there-and-heard-it-yourself" things. But I've been dying to tell that. Wife didn't seem to fully appreciate the humor, as I choked and suffocated in trying to tell her about it.

Partly my point is: there's enough fun in life to more than negate the irritating moments. And getting pissedoff doesn't do any good anyway.

he he ..that's funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9utg1W64GU

all the best/markj

Iraiam
09-23-2011, 07:16 AM
HA, that brings back memories, I had a guy once say that I was fixing a machine wrong, I tried to hand him my wrench and asked him to show me....he walked away. After I was done the machine was fixed...albeit wrong I guess.

vpt
09-23-2011, 07:18 AM

Here goes:

I saw that! I thought it was funny.

vpt
09-23-2011, 07:42 AM
I know i shouldnt laugh about all of your misfortunes, but honestly some of these things are so hilarious i honestly fell off my seat.

the thing that really presses my rage button is when someone tells me im doing a job the wrong way after i have spent hours setting up the machines and double measuring it. they usually get the response "Well why are you getting me to do this work if you know how to do it?" it usually doesnt help the situation and often the responses are just like pouring petrol on a fire, nothing has ever got physical yet thankfully.

The other thing that annoys me is people who think they can drive SO well only to be intimidated by a slightly tight parking space. Ironically, it is just so satisfying to wait behind them to see if they can make the park and they usually dont because they think they are holding me up and drive off; My thoughts are usually "Sweet, first cab off the rank!" as i park effortlessly

Bit of a ramble, i know. Certainly nothing comparable to your stories, but i had to contribute

I as well have been laughing threw this whole thread. I am kind of wierd and my parents hated it when I was growing up but I think people getting mad is funny. When their face starts to turn red and they are jumping up and down and screaming I can hardly hold the laughter in.

The one thing that gets under my skin a little is bad drivers. When dropping my kids off at school I dislike the other parents that don't slow down in the school zone or aren't paying attention while driving threw the school zone. You would think that because they have kids themselves they would know kids don't know much about cars and just run out at any time. But nope, on the phone, driving 25-30mph right past the sidewalk full of 5-6 year olds.

Drivers that pull out right in front of oncoming traffic, people talking on the phone while driving (inattentive driving, its a law!), just plain not paying attention to signs, pedestrians, and other traffic, women drivers, and prius drivers.

Then they make these people buckle up to save them when they crash their car. That is Darwin trying to take care of the problem but we are making it hard for him.

The way I see it, natural selection like we all know is to weed out the weak so a species will be strong, resilient, and prosper. But if we keep protecting the idiots and the weak the whole population eventually will be stupid and unable to fight off a cold. Inevitably if the human race doesn't die off from forgetting to breath a cold will surely take care of the "problem".

J Tiers
09-23-2011, 08:25 AM
bad drivers. AND their reactions, can be funny....

Like teh "young lady" who ended up half on teh sidewalk with the nose of teh SUV against a "no parking" sign..... because she drove right through a schoolbus loading zone in the (nonexistent) right lane, and I put my blinker on after that and moved over into the right turn lane..... She was of course talking on, or at that moment, swearing into, her cell phone, making rude gestures at me, and had one of those "I am furious" faces going..... She obviously totally blamed me.

What irritates me is drivers from the "noble" class. They are almost all driving BMW, Lexus or Daimler. The ones who, for instance, if a feeder highway splits and a lane goes to the east-bound main highway and the other goes to the westbound, will drive to the front of the eastbound backed-up line in the westbound lanes, then stop,blocking all westbound traffic, and try to force their way into the eastbound. Of course there is always someone "nice" who lets them in..... so these "nobles" get their rights validated.

I basically never give ANY BMW, Lexus, or Daimler driver a break if I have a choice. But someone driving an old beater.... I'll let them in anytime. I just plain do not like the "nobility". They are generally the "new rich", with no idea of decent behavior.

No Dogs allowed on the property.

I seem to recall you have sheep...... yes?

That would explain it for sure.

gary350
09-23-2011, 08:39 AM
One thing that used to anger me was waiting in line at the grocery store, and have some sloppy fat woman in front of me with two shopping carts of mostly junk food & soda....especially when she checked out and paid for the whole thing (about $350) with food stamps. The main reason I would get mad was because I paid for the stuff (in a way).

After retiring, I found myself needing to supplement my income since my State retirement annuity wasn't enough to live on. And, of all the stupid things I could have done, I took a job in a convenience store.
It didn't take long to discover a steady stream of dopers, tweakers, trailer trash, illegal aliens, and morons parading through the door every day. Each one carried the new improved version of "food stamps" ...a credit card called an EBT card. Every day I sold candy, ice cream, soda, and junk food to scores of people who didn't or wouldn't work, and some that barely deserved to wear the skin they had on. But the thing that really frosted me the most was these worthless scum, buying "energy drinks" for their 2-3 year old children, when the kids were not shoplifting candy because their parents didn't buy nutritious food for them to eat. I paid into these accounts, Illegal aliens didn't, but they get the benefits, not me.

Playing target for every scumbag in that end of town, and almost getting robbed literally every night, I finally decided I'd had enough, and quit.
Unfortunately, the poor guy who covered my shift after I quit, got robbed the next night, and severely pistol whipped. And then Corporate had the nerve to write the guy up for having too much money in the cash register after dark, that night.

As if this were not enough aggravation, I recently saw on the news that restaurants want the rules changed so that welfare recipients can use their EBT cards to buy a meal in a "sit down" restaurant (of course, the tip will be paid on the card, too)...Not to be left out, McDonalds and Burger King are pushing for EBT cards to be accepted at their restaurants, too!

Being retired, and on a fixed income, I can't afford to eat at McDonalds or a real restaurant...but these welfare recipients can...and I had to pay for it.

Sometimes I wonder what our legislators are thinking.

What's really aggravating, is the fact that since my step-Dad passed away recently, my Mother is having a rough time paying the bills, and keeping a roof over her head. She went to the DES (welfare office) and asked if she could get some help. Bear in mind, this is a woman who is a citizen, and has worked all of her life, paying taxes and never having to ask for aid before.
The lady at the DES told her they might be able to help her with food stamps, but can't give her any cash to help pay her house payment or property taxes....because she doesn't have any children in her care. BUT, illegal aliens are handed a card that entitles them to have $600 a month worth of food and $400 a month in cash....WTF???

I use to live in Arizona and my 2 sisters, and several relatives still live there. If you read the book GRAPE OF WRATH you will understand what is wrong with Arizona. After I graduated from College I tried for several years to get a good paying job in AZ. Employeers take advantage of people there were 100 people for every job and every job paid minimum wage with no benifits. If you don't like the job offer get out of the way there are 100 more people in line that want this job. My sisters both worked 2 jobs to pay their bills, put the children in day care and school, buy food, utilities, etc. Then they found out they could make more money on well far, food stamps, etc if they quit their job and then they had free time to spend with the children. My youngest sister said 1/2 the money she made at her jobs paid for child care while the other 1/2 helps pay the bills. Her husband works a minimum wage job too until he moves up the ladder at Motorola it took all the money they both made to pay bills.

The best thing I ever did was find a job in a different STATE. I use to visit AZ every year looking for a job but never got a job offer that paid more than minumum wage so I finally gave up. Now that I am retired I will be spending every winter in AZ if things work out like I want.

Did you every meet a guy in Tempe AZ by the name of Jack Doverspike? We were best friends in school he is now an Auto mechanic and works on University St near ASU in Tempe.

gary350
09-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Gary back in June you told of making exploding 12 ga shotgun molds. I asked about buying one & your reply on June 23 was and I quote

"I am in the process of moving to a different house with a larger work shop it will be a month or longer before I have my shop set up so I can build things."

I still have the PM so how is it you lived where you are 20 years? Which is it or is it none of the above?
If you ever do move make sure it's not near me.
As far as short fuses go liars are on the top of my list! :(

I lived here from 1977 to 1991 then moved the shop up the road 3.5 miles to a nicer place for 20 years. Now I moved the shop back here again. I retired in 2005 at age 55. My shop here is a 2 car garage 24x30. I still have not moved the mill or lathe. I have no lights in the shop and I am remodeling it with new electrical wiring. Now I am having second thoughts, I sure would be lost without my shop but do I really need it. What I would really like to do is live in a 30x60 shop and not have a house. Wife is the only person that needs a house.

vpt
09-23-2011, 08:56 AM
bad drivers. AND their reactions, can be funny....

Like teh "young lady" who ended up half on teh sidewalk with the nose of teh SUV against a "no parking" sign..... because she drove right through a schoolbus loading zone in the (nonexistent) right lane, and I put my blinker on after that and moved over into the right turn lane..... She was of course talking on, or at that moment, swearing into, her cell phone, making rude gestures at me, and had one of those "I am furious" faces going..... She obviously totally blamed me.

What irritates me is drivers from the "noble" class. They are almost all driving BMW, Lexus or Daimler. The ones who, for instance, if a feeder highway splits and a lane goes to the east-bound main highway and the other goes to the westbound, will drive to the front of the eastbound backed-up line in the westbound lanes, then stop,blocking all westbound traffic, and try to force their way into the eastbound. Of course there is always someone "nice" who lets them in..... so these "nobles" get their rights validated.

I basically never give ANY BMW, Lexus, or Daimler driver a break if I have a choice. But someone driving an old beater.... I'll let them in anytime. I just plain do not like the "nobility". They are generally the "new rich", with no idea of decent behavior.

Ah yes, I never let those people in line either. But every single time I see one going to the "front of the line" there is always someone that lets them in.

A.K. Boomer
09-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Well Can't say I have been this angry before..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/OzRinger/angrycactus_Have_you_ever_been_so_angry_that-s492x374-93700-580.jpg

What kinda line do you say when swinging a cactus around like that ?

the only thing I can come up with is "this is going to hurt me more than it hurts you" ----------- :confused:

A.K. Boomer
09-23-2011, 09:29 AM

I hate that too - you forgot to throw in she gets in line in front of you with 50 items and its the 12 or less speedy checkout - I used to get upset - now I immediately tell her she's in the wrong line - at the very least it brings it to the attention of everybody else and that's worth it just to see her slither and waddle away... what's real funny is they think your a "bad person" lol.

A.K. Boomer
09-23-2011, 09:51 AM
I really thought nothing bothered me much anymore until I pulled up next to a car recently. In the back seat was 2 little girls, probably 2 or 3 years old, with nothing holding them in. Not even a seat belt. To make matters worse mom was sitting in the driver's seat smoking and the entire car was so full of smoke you could hardly see across the seats. I stopped a few blocks further on and told a cop but I doubt anything came of it. That little girls face is going to haunt me. Jack

I guess im "mellowing" in a way,, that one used to get to me as well but iv learned to look for the "silver lining" now...

Here's how I handle that one - I used to think the kids were "innocent" but their really not - they have their mother's inferior genes - and they are also subject to having their fathers inferior genes due to their mother being the one that picked him (whoever the hell he is) - and we all know how good her judgment is right? so the kids will be at least twice as stupid or it could even be to the power of four...

Soooo - the kids are doomed no matter what - and Mom is just getting things over with a little sooner, and that leaves more oxygen on the planet and I like that cuz I like to ride my bike and stuff and also use it for proper brain function - so anymore I just look at it and don't think much of it - nature is just taking it's course...

loose nut
09-23-2011, 11:08 AM
For years at work everything bothered me short leadtime on work, bosses that didn't have a clue about what we did, then told us what we were doing wrong, telling us how to fix it and screwing everything up, etc. all the usual stuff. I turned 55 this year and finished my 30 years on last Tuesday so I can take my company pension any time ( when the wife gives me approval). Now I have told everyone at work that "I am the poster child for I DON"T GIVE A $#!^".

If thing don't go right delays etc, boss being a pain, I don't care. It's somebody else s, that has to deal with these things, problem. I tell them to ask me if I care, when they do, I say no. I'm to old to worry about fools and the horse they rode in on.

Bob D.
09-23-2011, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE=loose nut]For years at work everything bothered me short leadtime on work, bosses that didn't have a clue about what we did, then told us what we were doing wrong, telling us how to fix it and screwing everything up, etc. all the usual stuff. I turned 55 this year and finished my 30 years on last Tuesday so I can take my company pension any time ( when the wife gives me approval). Now I have told everyone at work that "I am the poster child for I DON"T GIVE A $#!^".
/QUOTE]

Amen, Brother!

My last few years of work as an instrument maker/repairer in a university chemistry department were a real headache: a know-nothing boss, invalid complaints from people who had no idea what they were talking about, unreasonable expectations how long a job will take, work assignments that had nothing to do with "my job" - lots of stuff nowhere near my job description. All very frustrating. I planned to get out as soon as my pension and benefits were locked in. Keeping track of my planned escape date, I noted on my wall calendar the number of months left to go - kinda like prisoners marking off their time. When the boss came to me one day because some know-nothing researcher with a PhD made a bullcrap complaint about me, I lost it. "See that 9 on the calendar? That's how many months I have left and then I'm gone". He walked away in silence and the following day told me it was all a "misunderstanding" and the complainer had had been misunderstood because her English is so poor. No matter, I stuck to my schedule and bailed at age 51. 5 years later, I hear from coworkers that the professors still comment " things would run a lot smoother if he was still here". Music to my ears :)

2 examples of this one's fractured English, after living in the USA for 20 years:

One of her colleagues was in the break room having lunch and he got a phone call. She told the caller "He is in restroom, eating sandwich". (Imagine how that sounds in a thick Russian accent) :eek: I was there and nearly laughed out loud from the image that made in my head.

Another time she came to me because of a malfunctioning instrument in her lab. Her description of the problem: "equilibrium not beautiful". I had no clue what that meant, so I asked her to show me. It was a broken laboratory balance...

saltmine
09-23-2011, 02:11 PM
A sh** sandwich is a lot like life. The more bread you have, the less sh** you have to eat.

aboard_epsilon
09-23-2011, 02:33 PM
[quote=loose nut]

2 examples of this one's fractured English, after living in the USA for 20 years:

One of her colleagues was in the break room having lunch and he got a phone call. She told the caller "He is in restroom, eating sandwich". (Imagine how that sounds in a thick Russian accent) :eek: I was there and nearly laughed out loud from the image that made in my head.

Another time she came to me because of a malfunctioning instrument in her lab. Her description of the problem: "equilibrium not beautiful". I had no clue what that meant, so I asked her to show me. It was a broken laboratory balance...

HE HE HE ...now say them as if you were "the count" from sesame street. :)

all the best.markj

Seastar
09-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Obama on TV every day----

John Stevenson
09-23-2011, 05:35 PM
ah doesn't git pissed as a weasel in a blender of t'an extreme mighty offen but when ah make a mistake on th' mill o' lath' ah c'd scream, dawgone it. When ah git tired ah make mistakes. When ah git tired ah knows its time t'take a bust. Eff'n ah git tired in th' middle of th' day ah may hoof it to lunch early. Eff'n ah git tried late in th' day it is time t'quit early.

Fo' 20 years th' neighbo' woomin next dore has called city code, po-lice an' fire department on me probably fine on over 100 times. She is th' se'f appointed neighbo' hood Gestapo. She calls code, po-lice, fire department on ev'ryone in th' whole neighbo'hood, cuss it all t' tarnation. Fo' 20 years ah have igno'ed it but in th' past month th' woomin has called code, po-lice fire department probably 50 times. Mah wife says it is all about peckin' o'der. ah finally decided ah have had inough now ah's pushin' back an' ah's havin' fun pushin'. ah got a list of code rules an' ah have been callin' on her. WOW it has made th' woomin MAD trimenjus time an' it has not turned into WWIII. She runs a hair cuttin' salon outta her house, code guide lines allers her t'cut hair 4 days a week, 6 hours per day, Wed t'Sat fum 10 is to 4 pm, dawgone it. Th' woomin cuts hair fum 7 is to 8 pm 7 days a week so ah repo'ted her t'code. Code came out an' caught her in th' ack at 8:30 is an' gave her a warnin'. She said she'd not does it agin but when th' Code man Mathew drove away she corntinued as usually like nothin' had happened 3 mo'e cestomers befo'e 10 is an' 5 mo'e cestomers af'er 4 pm, dawgone it. Code came an' caught her cuttin' hair an' it got purdy loud in th' drive way, Mathew told her t'be in his office 8 is Tuesday mo'nin'. She corntinued t'cut hair 7 is to 8 pm like nothin' happened right up t'Tuesday. She was all dressed up an' went t'see Mathew at codes office she returned an' was cuttin' hair as usually at 9 is. She is on th' war path she an' has been callin' po-lice, code, fire department on me ennytime she kin reckon of a reason, as enny fool kin plainly see. ah have been gittin' a burn permit evah day t'burn tree stumps in mah yard she calls th' fire department ev'ry 15 minutes an' complaines all day long ev'ry day ah burn stumps. Th' fire marshal drove by mah house sevahal times an' looked but he say nothin' thet was a problem, dawgone it. She kepp callin' complainin' thar is so much smoke ah can not see th' house acrost th' street so th' fire marshal drove by mah house agin an' thar was no smoke. Th' fire marshal told th' woomin t'stop callin' us th' guy has a burn permit an' he is not doin' ennythin' wrong, acco'din' t' th' code o' th' heells! She kepp callin' so th' fire marshal told th' secretary t'hang up on th' woomin. ah put up a security camera lookin' direckly at her business dore thet set her on fire she called th' po-lice. Po-lice said it is ev'ry varmint right t'have security cameras. So th' woomin sets in th' driveway an' honks her car ho'n fo' th' soun' system on th' camera. She also stan's in th' driveway an' blows a ho'n at th' camera. Mah wife called th' po-lice on her wow thet made th' Gestapo woomin mad, cuss it all t' tarnation. Th' po-lice told her ah can blow a ho'n too, we kin both blow ho'ns at etch other all we're hankerin' thar is no law aginst it. She stopped blowin' th' ho'n now she has 4 spot lights set up outside mah window tryin' t'blind mah security camera. Lights is doin' me a favo' th' whole side of mah house is light up all night an' she is payin' th' eleckric bill, ah reckon. ah's injoyin' screwin' wif her this hyar is the dawgoned-est fun ah have had in a long time. She is so mad as a weasel in a blender she don't knows whut t'do next. LOL. ah put up mo'e moshun detecko' lights aroun' mah shop an' house ah made sho'nuff t'use spot lights instead of flood light aimed at her house th' lights flash on/off all night long, acco'din' t' th' code o' th' heells! ah have a locomotive train ho'n set up in th' shop window 30 f' fum her car dore when th' time is right ah will blast her wif 150 db thet sh'd scare th' socks off of her. LOL. This hyar is fun an' a great stress release. ah need t'read mo'e of code rules ah's sho'nuff ah can find sumpin else t'call code about.

Th' past 20 years fum time t'time ah decide t'screw wif th' Gestapo woomin a li'l. One day th' idle wheel busted off th' th' lawn mower deck so ah welded it back on, as enny fool kin plainly see. Later ah set up mah large Tesla Coil in th' front yard an' fired it up. It makes 12 f' sparks an' arcs all aroun' th' 3 f' sphar fillin' th' whole front yard wif a 27 f' circle of lightnin'. It scares th' wimmen t'death an' she calls th' po-lice. ah have larned fum experience it takes th' po-lice 15 minutes t'arrive an' ah can haf th' Tesla Coil put away in 10 minutes. Th' po-lice knock on th' dore. They tell me th' wimmen next dore complained yer makin' sparks thet scare her. ah told th' po-lice ah was doin' some weldin' repairs t'th' lawn mower, which was true. Th' po-lice shook their haid an' said, ah's glad she lives next t'yo' an' not me an' they drove away.

ah got tired of th' neighbo' callin' code an' wantin' mah house painted ev'ry summer so ah had all th' wood covahed wif vinyl now ah doesn't hafta paint it ennymo'e.

Th' Gestapo woomin called code on th' fambly acrost th' street. They had outta state fambly viset fo' about a week o' longer city code sent them a notice about too menny varmints livin' in th' same house.

The only thing that revs me up is people who don't understand what PARAGRAPHS ARE

Chris S.
09-23-2011, 05:52 PM
The only thing that revs me up is people who don't understand what PARAGRAPHS ARE

Uh.. yeah, my eyes were glazing over but the Hatfield-McCoy thing was fun.

Chris

lynnl
09-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Has anybody ever actually read one of those long, seemingly endless, paragraph-less compositions? :D :D ...all the way through?

Life's too short to try to wade through stuff like that. :D

Black_Moons
09-23-2011, 07:07 PM
driving 25-30mph right past the sidewalk full of 5-6 year olds.

I could never figure out why people are so paranoid of little kids. Never once have I had a little kid run out into traffic. they usally listen to thier parents and know to stay away from the road.

Now, 15~19 year olds.. Will run out in GROUPS without looking, where cars lock up thier brakes and stop just inchs short of hiting them (With very good reaction time on part of the driver).

And iv seen adults cross the street while only looking in one direction... On a one way street.. Looking the direction traffic does not come from, just expecting everyone to slow down and avoid them.

Your Old Dog
09-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Gaiters. I get insensed at tail gaters climibing up on my ass. I try to stop and all the weight of my vehicle goes forward leaving my backend light. They can't stop so they try to swerve because the can't stop but they kiss my back bumper and start me spinning. I have bailed out of my car on more then one occasion to tell someone to back off. That is about the only thing that really sets me off big time.

Weston Bye
09-23-2011, 07:58 PM
My otherwise long fuse has been sorely tested in the last few days. I've taken my mother to the emergency room three times in the last week - violent tremors, may be associated with Alzheimers.

Each time we have to answer about a hundred or a thousand or so of the same questions we answered the previous time. Each time we go to a different room, a new barrage of the same questions. Each time a different doctor or nurse or aid or janitor comes in, they ask all the same questions. I say "we" because I do most of the talking for mother - she can't remember.

Then when I get home I have to answer more questions from my wife, daughters, brother, sisters, and aunt about what went on in the hospital, what the doctors said what the nurses said, what the janitor said. What drugs, what tests, what food, .......
Where was I, where am I......

I'm almost to the point of taking lessons from mother and saying I don't remember.

John Stevenson
09-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Weston.
Print it all out as a question and answer card then just hand it over to whoever wants to know.

If it makes you feel any better write on the top "I suffer from a severe speech impediment " :rolleyes:

wierdscience
09-23-2011, 08:48 PM
She caught me on a good day.....

Otherwise I might have declared that she was "insulting Islam" ( I am told I look something between French, Greek, and Arab)..... or something else somewhat obnoxious and calculated to be un-answerable...

Whipping out a box cutter and going "Blalalalalalalalalalah"
works wonders:D

Every time I go to the grocery somebody runs into or dam near over me with a shopping cart.I could understand it if I were a midget,but at 6'5"300lbs I'm a bit obvious:rolleyes:
Last weekend I was minding my own business on the side of a 8' wide isle picking out which flavors of yogurt I wanted when somebody ran into the side of my knee hard enough I am still limping around today.I turned to see a woman with her ear glued to her cellphone(no telling how many people she pissed off driving to the store).She just gave me a dirty look and kept on walking,so I said in a conversational voice"Stupid F--king C--t",well she heard that:D And turned around to read me the riot act at which point I told her where she should put that cellphone,that shut her up:D

A.K. Boomer
09-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Gaiters. I get insensed at tail gaters climibing up on my ass. I try to stop and all the weight of my vehicle goes forward leaving my backend light. They can't stop so they try to swerve because the can't stop but they kiss my back bumper and start me spinning. I have bailed out of my car on more then one occasion to tell someone to back off. That is about the only thing that really sets me off big time.

YOD that really is a good one,

I slow down for tailgaiters - esp. when their socked in and can't do a thing about it, Im trying to get the message across that it's counterproductive - sure they may save a second or two --- but it's going to cost them a minute or more - they don't like it - they can go fuqe themselves... :cool:

Pete F
09-24-2011, 01:21 AM
And iv seen adults cross the street while only looking in one direction... On a one way street..

I have a friend who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. He says its the ones going the wrong way you really have to worry about. :D

-Pete

dp
09-24-2011, 02:11 AM
I will get up and leave a restaurant that has one or more crying babies. Same with a table full of kids with no manners. Anyone with kids like that deserves them. I don't.

dp
09-24-2011, 02:14 AM

People who don't prune quotes are right up there on the list with parents with kids with bad manners :)

John Stevenson
09-24-2011, 05:04 AM
Gaiters. I get incensed at tail gaters climbing up on my ass. I try to stop and all the weight of my vehicle goes forward leaving my back end light. They can't stop so they try to swerve because the can't stop but they kiss my back bumper and start me spinning. I have bailed out of my car on more then one occasion to tell someone to back off. That is about the only thing that really sets me off big time.
That and being called a clumsy bastard :D

Seriously I used to have the same problem when I had a small pickup truck, read tiny by US standards.
One day on site at a quarry I found a 3' cube crate, empty, with Danger Explosives, ICI Mond Division stencilled on it.

Threw it on the back and NEVER had another problem.

vpt
09-24-2011, 08:37 AM
That and being called a clumsy bastard :D

Seriously I used to have the same problem when I had a small pickup truck, read tiny by US standards.
One day on site at a quarry I found a 3' cube crate, empty, with Danger Explosives, ICI Mond Division stencilled on it.

Threw it on the back and NEVER had another problem.

Thats an excellent idea!

Along the same lines it could be funny to leave the cube loose and go whipping around a corner and have it fly out when people are around to see. I bet that would be exciting!

Black_Moons
09-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Haha, they make fake 'claymore' hitch recivers.

But yes, tailgaters piss me right off. I slow down when I see em (To the speed limit anyway. verus the 10+ that everyone normaly does, and 15~20+ that tailgaters wanna do), because I need more time to stop with someone so close behind! Pisses em right off :)

vpt
09-24-2011, 09:47 AM
They don't get it though. They just get more pissed off and bitch to themselves that everyone is in their way and WTH is everyone traveling so slow? lol

A.K. Boomer
09-24-2011, 09:59 AM
I thought I was mellowing but some of you are bringing up things that I find still make me upset - it's just that im not in too many situations to where it happens anymore - but DP bringing up the screaming babies -- Uhhggg - I HAYT that, I don't like babies to begin with - one of my nieces gave me one to hold and it hurt my shoulder cuz I was keeping it at arms length.

Black moons - I pissed off a guy so bad one time it turned into all out road rage,
It was kinda crazy cuz I was in a tiny X-90 suzuki and he was in a pickup --- there was tons of weaving and dodging around and stuff - it was just me and him and im sure if anybody else was around they would have called the cops because he got in front of me and slammed on his brakes but I was ready for it and outstopped him bad.

not proud of it - I have cooled it some since but still try and send a message - with this guy I pulsed my brakes to show him just how out of it he would have been if I had to respond to something - he almost hit me and all I did was a light tap,

he was screaming at me and flipping me off and then I pulled out two separate Italian "gestures" and he gave me a look back of both confusion and slight fear and that was it after that...

J Tiers
09-24-2011, 10:12 AM
These days it doesn't pay to pi$$ off drivers. If you tick off one of the "nobles", you are probably OK, but with other folks, you may find they pull out a Ruger and make holes in you or the vehicle, or both.

I find that many others have a short fuse AND are looking for trouble because their boss or the ex-wife or what/who-ever has already got them wound up.

The "nobility" does not tend to go around armed, but with others you just don't know.

Whipping out a box cutter and going "Blalalalalalalalalalah"
works wonders

Box cutters don't have the same effect in a grocery store......

They just result in people asking you where to find the cornmeal or frozen peas.

A.K. Boomer
09-24-2011, 10:37 AM
These days it doesn't pay to pi$$ off drivers. If you tick off one of the "nobles", you are probably OK, but with other folks, you may find they pull out a Ruger and make holes in you or the vehicle, or both.

It's totally true - I try and send a much milder message nowadays but still I feel like I have to get one across - let the real short fusers meet up with other short fusers and cancel each other out... somehow and in someway they do have a tendency to "find each other"...

On the flip side --- you just can't "lay down" out there, if you do pretty soon they will be pushing you down the road with their front bumper - send a "mild" message that their tactics are counter-productive. like B-moons stated - take it down to the speed limit.

Black_Moons
09-24-2011, 10:52 AM
vpt: Ah but see, thats my master plan. Get them so pissed off, thier blood pressure goes up and they die of a heart attack/stroke a few years early. :P

A.K. Boomer: Yea some people are just crazy. Iv gotten road raged on by a guy who passed me and a car at the same time, on a 2 lane one way road at once. Could'nt wait 5 seconds in the other cars lane to pass me, had to pass BOTH of us, (on a VERY busy road where people jaywalks/parallel parks CONSTANTLY so everyone goes slow)

Honked and caught up to him at the stop light (congrats you got ahead 7' at near the cost of my life!)

Got into an arguement with him, Evently he said "im gonna give you one chance to shut up", "Eh go @#$^ YOURSELF!" was my reply.

Then I turned around, rode at 5kph on the sidewalk... the wrong way for the one way street. Good luck following me assmunch. (There was about 10 cars behind him at that point, no way he could turn around)

Question: How much of a lane does a bicycle or motorbike use?

Awnser: ALL OF IT! Bicycles and motorbikes are WELL within there right to swirve within thier lane without looking, to avoid potholes, manholes, uneven grates or just road debrie you will NOT see. Theres some potholes that are 5 in a row on a local street here that requires me to make a very straight swirve clear across the lane and back to avoid them.

Do NOT pass bicycles/motorbikes in the same lane, or even using part of thier lane. Make a FULL lane change, pass as you would any car, and move back into your lane, signaling each time. If its not safe to take the FULL oncomming/alternate lane, its NOT SAFE TO PASS.

Whats slowing down to 30kph or whatever the bicycle is doing gonna cost you? 5, 10 seconds? and likey save you 10 cents in gasoline?

PS: I still get agressively passed on my motor bicycle when doing just... 7kph over the speed limit. Apparently, if your not doing AT LEAST 10kph over the speed limit (Basicly illegaly speeding), you have 'no rights' in the eyes of the people in 2 ton steel protective cages. And they wonder why they need to pay $200/month 'insurance' incase they run someone over -_-;

Worst still is the people who pass me.. on a 2 lane 2 way street.. with oncomming traffic! Worst yet was some little econo-car trying to beat me up a hill.... with a full sized bus in the oncomming lane.. And the econo-car had the same piss poor acceleration as my motor bicycle.

Rustybolt
09-24-2011, 10:53 AM
I remember my dad telling me, ! was about 11 or 12 and getting agrivated at something I was trying to fix and threw a wrench,'It's an inanimate object. It has no intelligence. It has no feelings. iIt's just a thing. You're the one with the brain. Either walk away and admit you're beaten, or sit down and study what's wrong with it.'
Sometimes things beat me, but most of the time they don't.
I don't get really mad at people either unless they're being unecessrily cruel or stupid-same thing. You can't improve some one else intelligence by yelling at them.
You can, however, give yourself a good time by remaining calm and logical while they work themselves up into a lather.

So in conclusion; my fuse is rather long.

vpt
09-24-2011, 10:53 AM
http://www.northernsun.com/images/imagelarge/Brake-For-Tailgaters-Bumper-Sticker-(5539).jpg

Weston Bye
09-24-2011, 01:13 PM
http://www.northernsun.com/images/imagelarge/Brake-For-Tailgaters-Bumper-Sticker-(5539).jpg

I could entertain such sentiments, but only if I drove a beater that I didn't mind getting dented. A beater with the boot decorated with strange custom pointy ornaments. Also, I would want to be able to peel the sticker off before the cops got there after an encounter.

danlb
09-24-2011, 01:50 PM
When I was young (teens and 20s) I had a slow fuse but a big temper. When I reached the breaking point I'd fly into a blind rage. There were people I hated enough to kill. I held onto grudges as if they were gold bars

Then, suddenly I realized that it was a huge waste of time and energy. I was spending a lot of energy on hating those people and they did not always even know it! None of them was worth the hassle of thinking about them, much less hating them.

Now I hate no one. I blow up once in a while, but they are not real serious.

My triggers? There are only a couple.

I hate being lied to. It sets me off, even when it's a blowhard on a forum who just wants to sound important.

I also tend to erupt when find I have wasted my time because someone else is inept and can't decide on what they want till after I'm done.

And to complete the trifecta, I get frustrated when I have to fix things broken by inept people who are going to blame me anyway for the fact that they screwed up the process, part, program or procedure.

But I've not felt rage in decades, and I'm glad of it.

Dan

John Corden
09-24-2011, 02:03 PM
People who don't prune quotes are right up there on the list with parents with kids with bad manners :)

DP - did you read John's 'quote' - it wasn't a 'quote'.........

Just sayin' :)

dp
09-24-2011, 02:48 PM
I could never figure out why people are so paranoid of little kids. Never once have I had a little kid run out into traffic. they usally listen to thier parents and know to stay away from the road.

My nephew died when he was 15. He'd spent the previous 10 years in a coma following a severe head injury after stepping out from between parked cars onto a quiet neighborhood street. No chance for the driver to stop in time.

It happens.

dp
09-24-2011, 02:52 PM
DP - did you read John's 'quote' - it wasn't a 'quote'.........

Just sayin' :)

Are we both talking about this post? http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showpost.php?p=701852&postcount=60

It seems to me that is a pretty significant example of what I'm talking about. Notice I provided a reference, not the entire quoted material :)

John Stevenson
09-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Dennis now compare the quote to the original.............

Iraiam
09-24-2011, 04:57 PM

I was driving down a street once, 30 MPH, out of nowhere comes a bouncing red rubber ball. I immediately suspected something wasn't right so I began braking. Sure enough, there was a child chasing that ball, I slammed on the brakes and hit him just hard enough to knock him down. He got back up ran over, retrieved his ball, and ran off.

I am fairly positive if I had not already been braking and slowed down before he ran out into the street at full tilt I would have killed the little ignoramus.

In fact this led to one of the few Azz whoopins I gave someone, when I really did go off. This guy came out and was yelling at me, slow down, what's wrong with you, blah blah. I asked him to call the police, he shouted some expletives and hit me in the face. Well I have had some years of fight training, nowhere near a professional level, but I hit him back 3 times and kicked him right in the nose before he could get out another colorful metaphor. This was so many years ago and it was all cleared up so long ago I don't mind admitting this online.

And before anyone says it, the kick to the nose knocked him down, I did not kick him when he was down.

beanbag
09-24-2011, 05:24 PM
And before anyone says it, the kick to the nose knocked him down, I did not kick him when he was down.

It's good to see honorable behavior, LOL.

vpt
09-24-2011, 05:28 PM
It's good to see honorable behavior, LOL.

:D LOL (extra characters to meet minimum expectations.)

Chris S.
09-24-2011, 07:34 PM
These days it doesn't pay to pi$$ off drivers. If you tick off one of the "nobles", you are probably OK.....

"Nobles"! What the hell is that? Is this a different Missouri? :rolleyes:

Chris

dp
09-25-2011, 12:44 AM
Dennis now compare the quote to the original.............

I didn't read the original or the quote because there were no paragraph breaks in one case and (what appeared to be) a full block quote with a one-liner at the end of the second. Both of our jokes backfired.

Alistair Hosie
09-25-2011, 03:06 PM
It sounds like your not getting enough sleep , either that or anxiety over business,or money worries or your just plain bad tempered .Or a combination of all of them Alistair