PDA

View Full Version : learned a lesson!

Black Forest
09-25-2011, 03:14 AM
I am making a two part milling vice. Yesterday I bored the holes for the two chromed rods that will act as the guides for the movable jaw. I made a special boring bar for my boring head to bore the 30mm holes. All went well and I got my holes exactly 30mm to fit the chrome rod.

So now comes the moment of truth. I walked over and got the rod off the material rack. Something is not right I am thinking. Bam, The rod is 25mm not 30mm.

Lesson, measure everything before starting!!

My wife and I are having coffee in the office this morning. I am telling her again(I told her last night)about my mistake and how I was so proud of my EXACT 30mm boring job.

Without a word she gets up from her chair and hangs a thing our daughter made in school on the back of her chair. As she walks out of the office she is mumbling something about tell it to someone that wants to hear about all your machines and drilling holes, bla bla bla!

What do you think it means???
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab91/burnandreturn/friendlyear_hf.jpg

wbleeker
09-25-2011, 03:26 AM
Black Forest
I think it means she dosen't care!
Will

mike os
09-25-2011, 04:27 AM
yet she will expect your facination and awe at the conversation she had with her friend down the shop about little jonnys last poo

darryl
09-25-2011, 04:42 AM
I think it means you're sleeping on the couch tonite :)

But you might take it to mean she needs more attention from you. Out of the blue, offer to take here out to dinner, a movie, whatever she likes. Do your best not to talk about any kind of metalworking. Try not to let on that you're anxious to get back to the shop-

rohart
09-25-2011, 04:52 AM
I think it means that in her experience you're always trying to put a small rod in... Er... No, that's unfair.

I think it means, 'Tell it to the bird'.

DATo
09-25-2011, 05:07 AM
Your daughter is a very good artist. Please convey my compliments to her for her beautiful creation! Given her probable age and experience I'd put this work of art right up there with gwilson's projects ... [:-)

PixMan
09-25-2011, 08:02 AM
I think it means you have the opportunity to make some nice bushings with 2.5mm wall thickness. And rest comfortably on the sofa later this evening.

John Stevenson
09-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Simple, you have been given the bird..............

brian Rupnow
09-25-2011, 09:07 AM
It means that your wife is a lot like mine. Loves the Hell out of me but really is tired of hearing about/not interested in what I do in the shop. Make up a set of press in bushings, carry on, and don't tell your wife about your "great solution".----Brian

aboard_epsilon
09-25-2011, 09:19 AM
It means your so obsessed with your machining and engineering ..that you have forgotten about your daughter ....that's the hint i think she's giving .

all the best.markj

Tony Ennis
09-25-2011, 10:12 AM
It means your new boring head sleeps with the ducks.

Metalmelter
09-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Simple, you have been given the bird..............

Now get on the boat.... and come here and clean the coffee off my screen.. :D

A.K. Boomer
09-25-2011, 10:46 AM
It's her way of telling you u need to lose a few pounds...

JoeFin
09-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Interesting thing about women - they remember and cherish "The Experiences" of doing things, going places, ect, ect. Guys have a mental inventory of the material things.

I was given this advice many years ago and I've given it freely since then

"You can have any thing you want in this life, but if you want to have a family you have to spend at least 1 day a week with them"

They are not like that new boring bar which you can use, receive satisfaction from a job well done, and then place it in the tool draw for months and months knowing with certainty should a similar task arrive its waiting for you ready to perform.

Chris S.
09-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Since you have a young daughter I'll assume that you and your wife are also young.

Your young wife is sending you a message. She wants some of the romance back that brought the two of you together in the first place; and yes, she wants you to be just as excited over the development of her and your children as you are over your machines and your work. Chances are, when you're not around, she goes into your shop and hollers expletives at your machines, which she regards as rivals for your attention.

Don't ignore the warning signs. Make sure that your lives include intimacy (this is not necessarily sex) as well as family activities. Even if her topics of conversation bores you to tears, appear interested by participatory conversation. Remember, if she loathes the way your best friend's wife does her eyebrows, so do you! When your daughter comes running through the house yelling "Daddy, Daddy, look what I did!" give her your attention and praise. Be there for her school plays, dancing classes, and yes, poopy chronicles.

Dr. Chris :rolleyes:

Alistair Hosie
09-25-2011, 03:00 PM
It's abad day when you can't fasthom out what it means without asking us! Why don't you try asking Her!MY 2 cents Alistair

Alistair Hosie
09-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Shouldn't that mean with the fishes not ducks? Alistair

Black Forest
09-25-2011, 04:00 PM
You all are crazy! It was a joke that she put the bird on the chair.

As to my family. I spend a lot of time with my wife and daughter. My daughter and I have a great relationship. We literally spend several hours a day doing things together.

We have a horse farm here in the black forest and we all ride a lot. Plus we do many other things together.

So my family is fine and I am fine.

I keep laughing over some of the responses in this thread. Very funny guys!

Chris S.
09-25-2011, 06:48 PM
You all are crazy! It was a joke that she put the bird on the chair.

Well, we didn't know that. By the way, I read that you have a horse ranch in the Black Forest. I officially hate you! :rolleyes: :D

Envious Chris

PS: You can keep the snow and cold though. :p

Black_Moons
09-25-2011, 07:24 PM
It means you should be telling the story to your daughter.