PDA

View Full Version : ot whatever happened to?

Alistair Hosie
09-27-2011, 10:50 AM
What became of the two guys shooting people from the trunk of a car ?and what happened to michael jacksons doctor? It simply went quiet on the news front ?Alistair

lynnl
09-27-2011, 11:01 AM
I think the Michael Jackson's Doctor trial is underway now.

As for the trunk shooters, I believe the older one was convicted and given the death penalty. Tho I don't think it's been carried out yet - probably never will, or at least will take 25 or 30 years to go round and round through the appeals process.

The younger one only got some prison time.

I may be wrong, but that's what I recall.

johnhurd
09-27-2011, 11:09 AM
What became of the two guys shooting people from the trunk of a car ?Execution by lethal injection (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lethal_injection)

and what happened to michael jacksons doctor?Michael Jackson's doctor on trial (http://ibnlive.in.com/news/michael-jacksons-doctor-on-trial/188063-8-67.html)

‎About 1,780 results(0.22 seconds)

IBNLive.com - 29 minutes ago

It simply went quiet on the news front ?Alistair It's a wide wide web out there..........

lynnl
09-27-2011, 11:16 AM
I think most killers on death row eventually die of old age before the sentence is ever imposed. Unless of course, the crime was in some way against the federal government, e.g. Timothy McVeigh.

I don't recall exact details, but there was one would-be presidential assassin down in Miami, FL, back in the 1920's or 30's, who missed the president (or maybe it was a presidential candidate) and killed someone else. He was tried, convicted, and executed, all within about 30 days.
Now that's the way to administer justice!

philbur
09-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Turn your TV on. If you don't follow the news you wont know what the news is.

Phil:)

and what happened to michael jacksons doctor? It simply went quiet on the news front ?Alistair

Alistair Hosie
09-27-2011, 12:13 PM
As I say it all died down here in the uk we never heard what happened to them.also what happened to the guy who broke into the pentagon files from England has he been extradited yet ? seems he won't get a fair trial to me the prosecuters were talking of frying him he is just a kid didn't mean any harm really just stupid but bright plenty of them running the country.Alistair

lynnl
09-27-2011, 12:25 PM
As for the trunk shooters, I believe the older one was convicted and given the death penalty. Tho I don't think it's been carried out yet - probably never will
I may be wrong, but that's what I recall.

Yep, I was wrong. The older of the two was executed about two years ago.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-11-10-sniper_N.htm

Most news events take so long to fully play out, it's hard to keep track. Especially if you don't make a habit of watching the news every day, which I don't. And murder cases almost always drag on for many years, so when a new development makes the news, one has almost forgotten the related circumstances.

As for Michael Jackson, that was essentially a non-event to me from the outset.

DougC_582
09-27-2011, 02:54 PM
I think the Michael Jackson's Doctor trial is underway now. ....
There is a bit of a funny side to the Michael Jackson trial.

Apparently at first the family refused to blame the doctor, and wanted to sue the pharmacy--but then after the prescription records were obtained...... it was discovered that the doctor had gotten drugs from multiple pharmacies, just to hide how much he was obtaining.

Then the family still refused to blame the doctor, and wanted to sue the pharmaceutical company that made the drug,,,,, and the judge said "ummmm, nope".

So now--only after all the "deep pockets" are off the playing field--is the one person responsible facing the consequences.

loose nut
09-27-2011, 06:23 PM
I think most killers on death row eventually die of old age before the sentence is ever imposed.

Well, I guess you could consider that a form of execution, leave them until they rot, it just takes a long time to get done.

J Harp
09-27-2011, 10:36 PM
The trial of Jackson's Dr. was in the news on the radio today. They were playing a tape of Jackson's speech while under influence of the drug which killed him.

J. Randall
09-27-2011, 11:07 PM
As I say it all died down here in the uk we never heard what happened to them.also what happened to the guy who broke into the pentagon files from England has he been extradited yet ? seems he won't get a fair trial to me the prosecuters were talking of frying him he is just a kid didn't mean any harm really just stupid but bright plenty of them running the country.Alistair

What is the matter, Alistair, has this forum been running to smooth to suit you? No fights, no locked threads, if you are trying to stir something up, the above post is just likely to do that, why don't you do us a favor and take those kind of things somewhere else?
James

A.K. Boomer
09-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Last I heard Michael Jacksons still dead, most people don't expect that to change but there are still some firm believers that he's coming back soon.

I'll keep you posted by PM's so your the first to know if anything changes...

Same goes for the shootings - everyone that got shot still did so nothings really changed - one of the shooters that got executed is also still dead.

what's really disturbing is that Michael Jackson and the shooter that got executed are not the only people out there that need to "get a life" ;>}

lynnl
09-28-2011, 09:19 AM
What is the matter, Alistair, has this forum been running to smooth to suit you? No fights, no locked threads, if you are trying to stir something up, the above post is just likely to do that, why don't you do us a favor and take those kind of things somewhere else?
James

Huh? What prompted that?

Alistair just asked a question, seeking some factual, objective information. And it seems to me that's exactly what has taken place. The echange has been civil.

Any thread or topic whatsoever has the potential to turn into a catfight, but that's dependent on the contributors who make it so. Not simply the one who started the thread.

A.K. Boomer
09-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Alistairs a funny guy who has a fascination with some of the goings ons around here - but when your over here you cannot believe how much air time crap like the michael jackson thing gets - so most of us are sick of it including me and JR,

still - I understand why it fascinates some i guess and thats why I gave him a smile at the end of my post - he's a big boy and knows how to take a joke...:p

Willy
09-28-2011, 09:46 AM
WHAT!!!..............Michael Jackson's dead?

Alistair Hosie
09-28-2011, 09:47 AM
James stop trying to start somethong off which does not exist. No intention to hurt was made by me ,and you know it your just a pot stirrer so stop that crap now !This is a friendly post which should stay that way if people like you don't mess it up truth is we don't get news of jackosn case here at all nowadays, and I am entightled to my opinion post was well marked off topic and untill your rude comments has been accepted that way by the others rightly so too Keep well James dear friend as I don't really dislike you at all . Alistair

Your Old Dog
09-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Turn your TV on. If you don't follow the news you wont know what the news is.

Phil:)

DON'T turn on the news. What's the point in getting all worked up over something we have almost no control of? I watch very little news and am now getting to the point I can sit on the porch in a state of peaceful bliss.

I stumbled by the tv the other day and "got" to hear what those two maniacs did to the mother and 2 daughters. I'm not so sure I am any the better for it.

BigBoy1
09-28-2011, 10:04 AM
I don't recall exact details, but there was one would-be presidential assassin down in Miami, FL, back in the 1920's or 30's, who missed the president (or maybe it was a presidential candidate) and killed someone else. He was tried, convicted, and executed, all within about 30 days. Now that's the way to administer justice!

A few years ago I heard of a shooting in Pakistan which took place on a Fri. Trial was held on Sat. and guy was excuted on Sun. Talk about speedy justice!

Alistair Hosie
09-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Well it certainly becomes farcical when you have video evidence of someone being shot and the perpetrator pleads not guilty. It happens every day.Alistair

SteveF
09-28-2011, 11:52 AM
I think most killers on death row eventually die of old age before the sentence is ever imposed. Unless of course, the crime was in some way against the federal government, e.g. Timothy McVeigh.

McVeigh also fully confessed and decided he didn't want to spend his life in prison so refused to allow any appeals on his behalf.

Steve

lynnl
09-28-2011, 11:53 AM
DON'T turn on the news. What's the point in getting all worked up over something we have almost no control of? I watch very little news and am now getting to the point I can sit on the porch in a state of peaceful bliss.

I've gotten the same way the last few years. Used to devour as many sources of news as I could, but a few years ago I realized much of the idiotic things (mostly political) going on were just making my blood boil, and yet nothing I could do about them anyway. Now I just skim the newspaper each day for items of interest.

No doubt it has made me a less informed voter. But I figure much of what I was taking in before was as much dis-information as enlightening anyway.

Guido
09-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Just in keeping with the HM idealogy, McVeigh could have had at least several months of freedom, but was stopped because the car he was driving had no rear license plate. OHP issued a 'fixit' ticket but things went south when it was noticed there was a pistola laying in full view, on the back seat of his car.

Oh, but how his life changed, simply for the lack of a quarter inch capscrew and nut.

--G

gary350
09-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Its just like the Enema Bandit he was in the news for a long time until he was caught and sent to prison. After robbing people he gave them an enema.

Read about it here.

http://wiki.killuglyradio.com/wiki/Michael_Kenyon

Peter.
09-28-2011, 02:59 PM
The Jackson trial is on Sky News in the UK right now.

Alistair Hosie
09-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Your right months with nothing I ask out op curiosity then it comes on tv within hours after I brought it up . I believe it's a strange world.:confused: :confused: Alistair

J. Randall
09-29-2011, 12:18 AM
Huh? What prompted that?

Alistair just asked a question, seeking some factual, objective information. And it seems to me that's exactly what has taken place. The echange has been civil.

Any thread or topic whatsoever has the potential to turn into a catfight, but that's dependent on the contributors who make it so. Not simply the one who started the thread.

Fair question Lynnl, I had no problem with any of the off topic questions that Alistair asked. What I was commenting on was his statement that the guy that who stole the Pentagon files would not get a fair trail, that he did not mean any harm. To me that had the potential to start something, I am glad it didn't .
James

J. Randall
09-29-2011, 12:35 AM
James stop trying to start somethong off which does not exist. No intention to hurt was made by me ,and you know it your just a pot stirrer so stop that crap now !This is a friendly post which should stay that way if people like you don't mess it up truth is we don't get news of jackosn case here at all nowadays, and I am entightled to my opinion post was well marked off topic and untill your rude comments has been accepted that way by the others rightly so too Keep well James dear friend as I don't really dislike you at all . Alistair

Alistair, seems you and Lynnl both have a little reading comprehension problem, I will repost the only thing you said that I thought could be a problem.

also what happened to the guy who broke into the pentagon files from England has he been extradited yet ? seems he won't get a fair trial to me the prosecuters were talking of frying him he is just a kid didn't mean any harm really just stupid but bright plenty of them running the country.Alistair
Sorry if you took it as a personal attack, was not meant that way.
James

lynnl
09-29-2011, 12:38 AM
Oh. I missed that J.Randall.

Yeah I agree.

What the hell do you mean anyway Alistair? :D

Seriously, comments by prosecutors have no bearing on "fair trial" or not.
They're supposed to go after blood. It's defense council's job is to counter that.
Judge's job is to mediate between the two.

(I'm trying to be humorous here. ...don't anybody get worked up)

Alistair Hosie
09-29-2011, 09:31 AM
He didn't come across to me as an evil young guy, just a highly intelligent young guy who is frightened out of his wits by what he's now facing. I just don't think he thought it through correctly that's all a stupid thing to do rather than malevolent. I guess he could be my son when you hear some of the venom aimed at him it makes you wonder if he will get fairly treated as the hatred is there already within certain groups and all I am saying is statements like we're going to fry you is not helpful he's half scared out of his wits and I guess it could be said he has already been punished he has no criminal record at all just a dumb thing to do. Maybe it is being done to act as a warning to others. Peace brothers peace. Alistair :confused: :confused: :confused: ps your still my pal james

lynnl
09-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Yes it certainly is sad to see the tragic outcome youths sometimes bring down on their heads, just by a careless moment of not thinking the consequences through.

Sometimes it's legal troubles; sometimes it's life itself, or limb.

Having made it safely through those wild, youthful years ourselves and, looking back, seen how periously close we ourselves often came to grief, as parents we then have to endure the fear our kids will not be so lucky.

Of course doing stupid things without thinking it through is not solely the domain of youth. I guess we never really outgrow "dumb" ...completely. :)

I guess I'm not aware of the case you're speaking of. Like I said, I largely forego the TV news nowadays.