PDA

View Full Version : Pool hose for vacuum

gr8life
10-04-2011, 11:29 PM
There was a thread a while ago about swarf in your vac. hose and it got me started looking for a replacement. I bought 15 feet of 2 inch hose with a smooth interior from Kleen- Rite. It was $17 plus shipping and so far this stuff is gr8, nothing sticks.
So thanks to whoever posted.
thanks
ed

WestCoastPat
10-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Awesome idea.

noah katz
10-05-2011, 05:16 PM
I bought 15 feet of 2 inch hose with a smooth interior from Kleen- Rite.

How flexible is it compared to regular 2" vac hose?

Forestgnome
10-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Just don't use the pool hose without the smooth interior. It'll howl like you wouldn't believe!

lakeside53
10-05-2011, 08:45 PM
There was a thread a while ago about swarf in your vac. hose and it got me started looking for a replacement. I bought 15 feet of 2 inch hose with a smooth interior from Kleen- Rite. It was $17 plus shipping and so far this stuff is gr8, nothing sticks.
So thanks to whoever posted.
thanks
ed

Me. :) Yes, pool hose is good stuff for all sorts of uses.

Gravy
10-05-2011, 08:52 PM
How flexible is it compared to regular 2" vac hose?

The pool hose I've used is nearly as flexible and far more resistant to kinking than typical shop-vac hose. It just costs a couple bucks more per foot and it's considerably heavier. The cost difference is OK, but the weight difference can be pretty annoying.

Bill736
10-05-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm using blue pool vacuum hose to connect outdoor sump pumps to hard poly discharge lines. The pool hose holds up in the outdoor weather very nicely, unlike the cheap light duty black sump pump hose that's sold everywhere. The light duty hose will crack and break within a couple of months outdoors. I've also found automotive radiator hoses to be durable as short parts of my hookup.