PDA

View Full Version : Way off topic but I'm tired of this crap!

uncle pete
10-17-2011, 05:50 PM
OK, I really have resisted the urge to post about this for months, But I'm about fed up. We have a National "Do NOT call" list in Canaduh. From what I understand it's along the same lines as what the U.S. has. (Theirs doesn't work any better than ours from what I've learned.) Yes I have registered our phone number a few years ago on that "Do not friggen call list". For the most part it works well enough for normal honest companys. They observe and abide by the rules. So no real problems with them. But we have been getting calls from a "Microsoft representitive" And all of them are barely understandable in English 2-3 times a week for 6-8 months, Obviously they know our phone number, But they also know the easy enough to get home address. Our computer "Is in danger of an immediate crash and I need to go to a certain website", Uh huh, right! I'll just bet on it and get right on that detail. Ok, Being nice Pete and asking them not to call any more gets zero results, Being the Bad Pete I want to be normally, And then flipping out like a escapee from a tourette syndrome ward gets me zero results also. Lately it's been patient Pete, "Can you hold on I really want to deal with this but I've gotta let the dog outside so just hold on, I'll be right back." The last fool waited almost 4.5 minutes before he finally hung up, I've been doing that routine for a couple of months. I still get the G/D calls. I've registered complaints with our "Do not call" registry and squat happens.

I've got a lot of respect for the knowlege and varied experience in many different fields that lots of members on this forum have. So maybe slightly on topic? Can anything be built that would transmitt a electronic generated sound thru the phone lines and is the phone speaker on the other end capable of reproducing a more than loud enough sound to temporarily, Or better yet, permanently deafen the caller on the other end? (Yeah I know, Probably illegal.) And yes I would only use it very selectivly for the greater good of mankind. If that's not possible, Then does anybody else have some good ideas about how to defeat these S.O.B.s? I own and pay for a phone for calling out, Friends and important calls to come in. These !$&@#*% rip off artists don't rate using something that I pay for.

Think about it, If this forum as a whole came up with a 100% workable solution for just this problem, You'd be judged as living god's to the rest of the world, And you'd all be rich enough that Bill Gates would be buying you lunch at the "club".

Apologys for the off topic rant, But "I'm mad as hell, And I'm not gonna take it anymore".

Oh yeah, While your at it, A 100% workable solution for spam emails would be helpful too.:D

Pete

mike os
10-17-2011, 05:59 PM
just tell them how you feel....& do it properly :D

uncle pete
10-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Mike,
I'm quite sure my wife can verify this. I have told them exactly how I feel and numerous times. She thinks I'm the best she's ever seen at "explaining" things in great detail and with mining language honed to a razors edge from years of practice. LOL, Believe me, There's nothing that could be misunderstood.

Pete

BMW Rider
10-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Get call display. I just don't answer any number that starts with an 800 or any "Unknown" or "Blocked" numbers or for that matter, pretty much any number I don't recognize.

The problem with the DNC list is that it only applies to Canadian companies. Charities can still call as can anyone outside of Canada. :confused: The really sleazy ones actually get the DNC list and use it as a source of valid numbers to call :mad:

Boostinjdm
10-17-2011, 06:10 PM
My solution is caller ID. IF I don't know the number, I don't answer. I only make an exception for local numbers.

DFMiller
10-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Pete,
Those calls are coming from India. Telus says that can't do anything about them. Putting them on hold is probably they best thing you can do. Wasting their time will reduce their productivity and thus be the most harmful. :-)

I have reduced their calls to our place by some carefully chosen words that they seemed to understand.
And fun at the same time.

I also find answering machine also works. Them home phone is becoming almost redundant.

Good luck.
Dave

uncle pete
10-17-2011, 06:17 PM
We do have call display, I also should have added I have job resumes out right now to many parts of the world. I really do have to take any call that comes in no matter where it's from. I just want these A..holes to stop. Pumping 10.000 volts @ 3 amps down the phone line would solve my problems after a few calls.

Pete

aboard_epsilon
10-17-2011, 06:25 PM
OK, I really have resisted the urge to post about this for months, But I'm about fed up. We have a National "Do NOT call" list in Canaduh. From what I understand it's along the same lines as what the U.S. has. (Theirs doesn't work any better than ours from what I've learned.) Yes I have registered our phone number a few years ago on that "Do not friggen call list". For the most part it works well enough for normal honest companys. They observe and abide by the rules. So no real problems with them. But we have been getting calls from a "Microsoft representitive" And all of them are barely understandable in English 2-3 times a week for 6-8 months, Obviously they know our phone number, But they also know the easy enough to get home address. Our computer "Is in danger of an immediate crash and I need to go to a certain website", Uh huh, right! I'll just bet on it and get right on that detail. Ok, Being nice Pete and asking them not to call any more gets zero results, Being the Bad Pete I want to be normally, And then flipping out like a escapee from a tourette syndrome ward gets me zero results also. Lately it's been patient Pete, "Can you hold on I really want to deal with this but I've gotta let the dog outside so just hold on, I'll be right back." The last fool waited almost 4.5 minutes before he finally hung up, I've been doing that routine for a couple of months. I still get the G/D calls. I've registered complaints with our "Do not call" registry and squat happens.

I've got a lot of respect for the knowlege and varied experience in many different fields that lots of members on this forum have. So maybe slightly on topic? Can anything be built that would transmitt a electronic generated sound thru the phone lines and is the phone speaker on the other end capable of reproducing a more than loud enough sound to temporarily, Or better yet, permanently deafen the caller on the other end? (Yeah I know, Probably illegal.) And yes I would only use it very selectivly for the greater good of mankind. If that's not possible, Then does anybody else have some good ideas about how to defeat these S.O.B.s? I own and pay for a phone for calling out, Friends and important calls to come in. These !$&@#*% rip off artists don't rate using something that I pay for.

Think about it, If this forum as a whole came up with a 100% workable solution for just this problem, You'd be judged as living god's to the rest of the world, And you'd all be rich enough that Bill Gates would be buying you lunch at the "club".

Apologys for the off topic rant, But "I'm mad as hell, And I'm not gonna take it anymore".

Oh yeah, While your at it, A 100% workable solution for spam emails would be helpful too.:D

Pete

aha .,...i knew that music was for something ...knew it had a use...Thankyou JUGS

now all you have to do is figure how to play it full blast down the phone

guaranteed no one will listen to this for more than 5 secs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bibXZUZVonw

All the best.markj

John Stevenson
10-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Won't stop the calls but gives immense satisfaction.

Record the calls, just their side, you don't say anything just listen and record, might have to do this a couple of times then make a new tape with this repeated endlessly.

Next time they call play it back, again don't say anything.

Keep doing it.

uncle pete
10-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Mark,
LOL, Man I used to be into some pretty hard heavy metal, rock and roll back in the day, I'd fully agree with the 5 second rule with your selection. Problem is they'd just stick another warm spot in the seat who will still phone next week. I'm just dead tired of dropping anything going on to answer a stupid useless waste of my time. Somehow I'm on a "Let's call this redneck and piss him off" list. Even if I wanted to, I really can't change my phone number due to the resumes I've sent out. A lot of times in the industry I'm in, The first contact is by phone and not thru an email.

LOL, Sir John, That's really evil. ..................I like it. :-)

Pete

MaxHeadRoom
10-17-2011, 06:47 PM
A few years back someone came up with a selection of files you could play into the phone, the one I liked best and have a copy somewhere was one that
you say to the caller, Hang on a minute, I think there is some animals coming into my yard, the recording starts with a faint rumble and gradually builds until a thunderous noise complete with elephants trumpeting in stampede, at the sound of a load of crashing you hang up the phone.
Max.

Jaakko Fagerlund
10-17-2011, 06:50 PM
I have the right solution for you, I'll just need your phone number and home address please :D

Best practice has been to install software on my phone (HTC Android) that blocks all calls I have on a "blacklist". And once an unrecognized idiot gets through, the number ends up on the list.

I do answer blocked/unknown numbers, as the police and some friends will call from blocked numbers. But if the callers business doesn't come out clear in the first 5 seconds, I just hang up.

Willy
10-17-2011, 06:54 PM
The national do not call list has made absolutely no difference to the number of unwanted calls that I receive. Actually I believe the number of calls I receive have gone up since I put my name on the list.

The Microsoft impersonators have been very prolific as of late. I've tried stalling tactics to waste their time, asked them not to call, cursed at them, even told them I don't have a computer, but they keep phoning.

Here's the latest from the Canadian Ant Fraud Center:
http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/english/documents/anti-virus_press%20release.pdf

September 29, 2011 - OTTAWA - The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and their
partners at the Canadian Anti Fraud Center (CAFC) are warning that if someone calls you
claiming to be able to protect your computer from viruses, your best bet is to just hang up the
phone. Don’t give the caller your computer access codes and don’t provide your credit card
information.

The virus scam has grown to epidemic proportions in Canada, now accounting for between 70
and 80 per cent of frauds reported daily to the CAFC. “We began noticing virus scam calls in
March 2010. Since then, they’ve become an increasing proportion of our calls. Now, they’re the
scam we deal with most often,” said RCMP Staff Sgt. Paul Proulx of the CAFC. ..............................

I know people that got suckered into their scam to the tune of $400!
As long as it's profitable it will continue.

Like Pete I pay for the privilege of using my phone and don't like it one damn bit that these shysters are using my phone for their sleazy sales tactics.

So if anybody can come up with something like Pete suggests that will fry them or their system....phone me.:D

John Stevenson
10-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Most of these type of spammers use an auto dialing system, it they make a connection and don't get a voice within 10 seconds they break the call.

If I see a number I don't recognise, I answer it and just wait, say nothing, 9 times out of 10 they break the call.

I'd like to think that it get logged on a list as a non verbal call ie fax etc and blocked as even auto dialers don't want to waste time.
However I have no proof of this.

uncle pete
10-17-2011, 07:10 PM
LOL, Well we may not have solved the issue but I really have got lot's of laughs out of all your posts. I'm not quite as P.O. as I was. Jaakko just may have jogged my memory tho. For some reason I do believe our Telus phone system does have something where you can block certain phone numbers coming in.

Willy,
"So if anybody can come up with something like Pete suggests that will fry them or their system...phone me.:D

LMAO, That was the funniest one yet, I'm still laughing about that one.

Sir John,
Good logical point, I'll mention that to the wife. We will for sure give that a try.

Pete

JCHannum
10-17-2011, 07:39 PM
You could give this a try;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkdoogjic4I

lynnl
10-17-2011, 07:39 PM
I have/had the same problem here. Always the same. "Hi this is Rachel from Card Holder Sevices. This is your final call with a chance to lower your credit card interest rates to as little as blah blah,...blah."

Finally several months ago I pressed 1 to speak to a rep and got a live humanoid and after ranting at him I was put on with a supervisor, who told me that my initial registration on the Do not Call list had expired.

(Incidentally, some of those recorded messages would include a "Press x to terminate these calls" option, which I'd used numerous times, to no avail.)

So I re-registered all my phones. And lo and behold, after a couple of months or so the calls stopped. ...at least on my landline phone; I've gotten 2 or 3 on my cell phone since the other stopped.

As far as ignoring calls from 800 or blocked #'s, my caller id always showed different numbers. Mostly from my own area code. It was as if they were harvesting the previous number called and using that as the originating number for each new call.

But to me, the damage is already done once I drop what I'm doing and go to the phone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few years back I saw, floating around cyber world, an absolutely hilarious response to these calls. The answerer replies with "Hi, this is detective so 'n so, with blah blah Homicide dept. I've just arrived here at (cites address and ph #), where a homicide has taken place within the past hour. I'll have to get your full name, social security number, phone number and address. You will be contacted within the next hour by your local law officials, who will take a statement, and you will be required to serve as a material witness. Be advised that you are not to leave the country, blah blah, etc. etc. ...'

(obviously much more humorous than I can recall. Wish I still had that.)

jugs
10-17-2011, 08:12 PM
aha .,...i knew that music was for something ...knew it had a use...Thankyou JUGS

now all you have to do is figure how to play it full blast down the phone

guaranteed no one will listen to this for more than 5 secs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bibXZUZVonw

All the best.markj

Thats probably in breach of the Geneva convention :)

Gravy
10-17-2011, 08:12 PM
In a stressed-out voice "Oh. I'm SO glad you called. Do you know how to get bloodstains out of carpeting? Can you come over and help me?"

gary350
10-17-2011, 08:19 PM
have a telephone answering machine on my home phone. Sale people and scammers will NOT talk to a machine. People that know me know I will NOT pick up the phone unless they say something first if I reconize their voice then I will talk to them. The scammers and sale people can call me for every I love to waste their time, I will never answer. I can always tell who the scammers are, the phone rings, the machine starts talking, "CLICK", they hang up in 2 seconds. LOL

I have been resisting owning a cell phone for many years but finally got one 4 months ago. When I see a call that says, restricted I refuse to answer. Restricted means they do not want me to see their phone number. When I get a call from some area code I never heard of I don't answer that either. If I accident answer without looking and its a salesman is say, WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME!!!. It is dead silent for a few seconds then they usually tell me they will put my number on the no call list. LOL

Sometimes I ask them for their phone number so I can call them back. Most of the time they refuse. Sometimes I do get a toll free phone number I type it into the War Dialer on my computer and my computer calls them over and over and over none stop for several days. When the Registered letter comes in the mail from AT&T that tells me to stop calling this number other wise my phone service will be disconnected permently then I stop calling. LOL. There use to be a Hackers Web page where anyone can upload these phone numbers then anyone with a War Dialer could start calling it none stop, but I have not done this in a few years.

Arcane
10-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Another response to unwanted callers is to do something like this (starting about :50) :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZluzt3H6tk

tmc_31
10-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Uncle Pete,

Let me make the following suggestion, then I will follow with a short, relevant story.

The next time one of these yahoos calls you, politely answer the phone and jump through whatever hoops you have to until you get a live human on the phone. Then quickly reach down a pick up the small airhorn that you picked up at the sporting goods store and give them a 3 second blast:D. Most likely you won't hear from that particular caller again

Many years ago my wife and I were having money troubles and we spent a lot of time on the phone with bill collectors. One particularly nasty collector called one afternoon. In the middle of her rant about my wife's use of a credit card I stopped her, winked at my wife and said to my wife loudly " you GD bit*h I told you not to charge anymore on that card!!! Then I picked up my .357 and fired three shots out the window. I picked up the phone again and told the bill collector " we won't be having that problem again" and hung up. I never heard from that woman again:D

Good luck with your problem Pete, I know it can be frustrating, but sometimes you can have a little fun at their expense.

Tim

madwilliamflint
10-17-2011, 09:06 PM
perhaps deceptively simple but I don't answer the phone. Not ever. Never. I wouldn't know the sound of the ringer on my phone if I turned it on.

If it's someone I want to talk to, I see they called and call them back.
If it's a number I don't recognize and they didn't leave a message... meh, couldn't have been too important.

Come to think of it I don't listen to voicemails either.

darryl
10-17-2011, 09:13 PM
It won't stop the calls, but it might give a little satisfaction- what you need is a hand-held screeching noise making device that you can put against the mic. I find the fax tones quite annoying, but this could be made much worse sounding. Just make sure it isn't any dial tone.

J Harp
10-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Rachel now talks to answering machines. Also she doesn't wait for a hello, she goes into her spiel as soon as you lift the receiver.

wierdscience
10-17-2011, 10:09 PM
I get them on the phone and won't let them go:D

Take the time to strike up a conversation.One I did the other night to the DirectTv people-

Hello.

Hi,my name is Mike....."well hello Mike hows it going by you?"...well pretty good actually,say have you ever thought about getting rid of the cable company?..."well Mike,really I have,ever since the surgery to repair my Hemorrhoids"...oh,okay well then for a limited time we are offering free installation of our premium service for just $49.95 a month for the first 6 months....."okay,but what do you need to install?"...well sir this is a satellite system so we do have to install a small dish on the side of your house..."Dish?What kind of dish?".....well a Satellite dish sir...."Oh,no they give me terrible nightmares.Did you know I was once abducted by Aliens?....well no sir I didn't...."Ya they did terrible things to me,mostly probed me with a satellite dish"....okay sir sorry for wasting your time-CLICK :D

uncle pete
10-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Uncle Pete,

Let me make the following suggestion, then I will follow with a short, relevant story.

The next time one of these yahoos calls you, politely answer the phone and jump through whatever hoops you have to until you get a live human on the phone. Then quickly reach down a pick up the small airhorn that you picked up at the sporting goods store and give them a 3 second blast:D. Most likely you won't hear from that particular caller again

Many years ago my wife and I were having money troubles and we spent a lot of time on the phone with bill collectors. One particularly nasty collector called one afternoon. In the middle of her rant about my wife's use of a credit card I stopped her, winked at my wife and said to my wife loudly " you GD bit*h I told you not to charge anymore on that card!!! Then I picked up my .357 and fired three shots out the window. I picked up the phone again and told the bill collector " we won't be having that problem again" and hung up. I never heard from that woman again:D

Good luck with your problem Pete, I know it can be frustrating, but sometimes you can have a little fun at their expense.

Tim

LOL, So far Tim your the winner for funniest yet. I had to pause till the belly laughs quit to type this. I'm starting to wish these A..holes would call me back tonight. I really do hope far more people post on this thread. It's turned out far funnier that I had intended or thought it would ever get to.

Pete

madman
10-17-2011, 10:33 PM
I use a Marine Air Horn (The BIG One) I tell the telemarketer Im old and please listen carefuyll sure Ill buy something and then..let er rip. NO I dont care if it hurts there ears I hope it does, Funny thing so far No repeat calls Unlike the others that would call 7 times same company credit card **** and such. Yup the air horn works well. I think they dont like it, You can say (if they are annoyed) HA HA OOPS darn Kids with there new Toys????? Try it and be rid of em .

mooney1el
10-17-2011, 10:48 PM
My step son took control over a call and in his brilliant Indian accent, had the guy convinced that he was selling parrots and would like to set him up with a franchise with my step son handling all the shipping/import stuff. It was quite funny :) Rapid fire.... "you sell me protection, I sell you parrots. You like parrots? I sell you parrots. You franchise through me, I sell you parrots. Make money. I sell you parrots. You want parrots? What country you in? I can handle import to all countries, where you live?........"

uncle pete
10-17-2011, 11:20 PM
LOL, Sorry but there's just too many posts to respond to everyone who posted, The wife just got in from work. Should be some real chuckels giving her a brief synopsis of the well thought out responses here.

Pete

lugnut
10-17-2011, 11:46 PM
We don't get many spammer calls, we are on a Do Not Call list. But when I get a call from someone selling or wanting something I tell them to please take me off of their list, that generally works.:)

uncle pete
10-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Lugnut,
Man you must have a gift, I've tried that mutiple times. These A..holes are ripoff artists. They really don't give a rats a.. about do not call lists or anything else. A normal honest company? Then yes you can reason with them and get results.

Can I have your phone number so I can tell em I've got another interested person? :D

Pete

elf
10-18-2011, 02:13 AM
Here's the latest from the Canadian Ant Fraud Center:

Wow, I didn't know that Canada has so many fraudulent ants that they have their own center. :cool:

Willy
10-18-2011, 07:00 AM
Sad but true....smart ass.:D

spongerich
10-18-2011, 09:40 AM
I used to have a telezapper.... worked pretty well.

A google voice number is pretty good too. You can pre-screen calls and just let them go to voicemail.

jnissen
10-18-2011, 10:02 AM
We don't get many spammer calls, we are on a Do Not Call list. But when I get a call from someone selling or wanting something I tell them to please take me off of their list, that generally works.:)

Agree. This works in most cases. You have to be explicit and say "Please take me off your call list". The honest ones will remove you. The dishonest ones...

tmc_31
10-18-2011, 11:08 AM
I hope you guys don't ever have to deal with bill collectors as it can be a very trying experience. Toward the end of our financial crisis several years ago, I had a change of attitude towards bill collectors. I made a decision that I was not going to let them get the best of me, no matter what. When they poked, I was going to poke back.

One afternoon this guy calls and starts thru his spiel about how this call was to collect a debt and that this call could be recorded. At that point I stopped him and said "just to let you know, I am recording this call also". His response was " You can't do that" and he hung up. A day or two later, a lady called with the same spiel. When I told her I was recording the call, she didn't say anything, just hung up. I guess they don't really want their tactics on record:D

Tim

Abner
10-18-2011, 11:17 AM
I have eliminated one----but the battle continues.
Someone who claimed to be a Qwest (our local phone Co.) representative called here once a month, wanting to review my account options. Asking to be removed did not work as they said we have a legally defined "working relationship".

Finally the lawyer in me dug a little deeper
Q> Do you work for Qwest.
A> I represent Qwest.
Q> You did not answer my question, do you work for Qwest?
A> No I work for a company who represents Qwest.
Q> Who do you work for?
A> blah, blah, blah
Q> So we have never had a working relationship and I want you to remove my name from your list, do you understand me?
.....Never heard from them again....Score 1 for the good guys.

Option > I know a guy who would ask sexual questions of who -ever called. Seemed to work, one claimed sexual harassment - he said hey you called me.

I suspect there might be a "does not answer list" but I have no way of knowing.

When these a-holes hang up after you ask them to remove you from their list, that gets me and makes me feel any and every means are justified against this intrusion into your privacy.

TGTool
10-18-2011, 11:20 AM
I had an interesting one last week. A telemarketing call about a program to fix PC problems. My phone is on the do not call list so I asked him the name of his company and the phone number there, then told him I was going to report him for violating the do not call rules and hung up. The guy had the balls to call right back and tell me I had to have a verification number for my do not call phone and hung up on me. Very funny. I registered a complaint anyway for all the good that will do.

Chester
10-18-2011, 01:19 PM
The secret is not to answer, unless it rings about "thirty" times. All our friends and family know this.

If some how I get conned into answering a BS call, I just pick it it up and listen, for ........boiler room back ground chatter, is Mr or Mrs XXX there, we are in the area and have a special on XXXX or other telltale crap. All they hear is "click"

Some are very persisent and call repeatedly.......but NEVER get an answer.

Not so easy to do if you are waiting for that special job offer or have something advertised for sale. OK for me as I don't want a job and all my ads are on Kijiji (like CL) and require an email response.

achtanelion
10-18-2011, 01:24 PM
I've got one of those lucky phone numbers that just seems to collect tele-spammers. Asking to be taken off the list didn't help. Annoying them didn't help, nothing seemed to get them to stop calling, until!

I started to psychoanalyze them.

"What's wrong with your life that you feel the need to annoy people?"

"Do you do this because you hate everyone?"

"What would YOU change about your life to make you want a job where you help instead of hurt people?"

It's amazing what a caring ear can do for someone who's making those calls.

I also get a LOT less of them now.

davidh
10-18-2011, 02:42 PM
no flames please but. . . . these a**holes do have a job that helps them feed themselves, hopefully keeping them off our welfare roles. . . i don't like the calls either but there are two sides to the coin. . just sayin'

uncle pete
10-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Well as a non update to my little problem, I've tried calling the federal anti fraud squad 5 times in the last 2.5 hrs. All I get is a recording, "Were in a meeting or experiencing technical difficultys". WTF? All I really want to know from them is exactly why a clear cut case of fraud like this and one that's so easy to trace to the exact location isn't being busted and busted every single time it happens till these rip off artists get the message that Canaduh won't tollerate this crap. Yeah I know the Mounties are overworked, undermanned, and underfunded but jease, Just contact the head cop in charge in the country it's happening in and tell em to pull his thumb out and deal with the problem. And with no answer on the phone I wonder if the fraud squad just didn't turn the phone off cause their sick of these calls too.

David,
These A..holes are based in India, That's where the calls come from. To be honest your logic is faulty. Obtaining your money from welfare or criminal acts is still a non productive drain on society. I'd just take em out and put a warning shot in the back of their skulls. But I'm just a simple guy who thinks of simple solutions. My methods give a positive message that you shouldn't do this. These rip off artists do this because their lazy, It's easy, and from what I see there's no deterent not to do so.

Pete

RPM22
10-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Uncle Pete -do a google on Tom Mabe, it was his call to a telemarketer that was referred to earlier
here is a direct link to the 'murder scene' call
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtRN93G9byA
Enjoy :-)
Richard in Los Angeles

uncle pete
10-18-2011, 03:30 PM
RPM,
LMAO, Now that was perfect, Not sure I could pull that off without laughing tho. Very well done payback.

Pete

lynnl
10-18-2011, 07:23 PM
Yeah RPM22, that's the one I was trying to recall yesterday. :D
Thanks for finding that.

JohnHarbeck
10-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Well, I've been getting "Rachel" calls for 3 or 4 years now. Used to be like clockwork, every Thursday between 1:30 and 2 PM. I've pressed "1" to speak to someone, and been told I should have pressed "3" or sometimes "9" to be removed. For the last several months it's been "This is Your Final [Yeah I Wish] Call." It ISN'T!:mad:
One time, it was obviously an Indian or Pakministani rep. I gave hime a 4 second blast from a canister boat horn, and he said, that didn't hurt my ears as much as yours. :D Threatened him with bodily harm if I could find his location. He then threatened ME.
Guess I'll try the old 'someones at the door' routine next and see how long they'll stay on hold.
Somewhere I've seen advertised phone tones that signal a disconnected number or non working number. Maybe that will work!

uncle pete
10-18-2011, 07:44 PM
John,
For what it's worth you have my sympathy. I sometimes think these people get extra enjoyment out of being a totall PITA.

Pete