PDA

View Full Version : No Gloat

flylo
11-29-2011, 10:54 PM
No pic=no gloat. I'll work on that. Went to pick up a $5 sump pump on craigslist & brought home a very very early Snap On tool box full of pre war tools. Must weigh 250#, it's gray in color with the outside turning a gray green loaded with some really awesome tools. It has a sticker in the lid that say's I use Snap On wrenches & is embossed Snap on on the front. 8 drawers I believe 4 narrow & 4 wide,all deep. The lady was close to 70 & it was her Grandfathers. I'll try to get pics posted but it's crammed full. :D :D

sasquatch
11-30-2011, 07:14 PM
Congrats on the old tool box find. These things are getting VERY collectible, some of those old boxes are very nice, especially the fancy "art Deco" ones from the ?? 40's.

Over on the Jalopy Journal there is a large forum there about old tool boxes with Lots of cool pics.

BigMike782
11-30-2011, 09:56 PM
Sounds like a cool find.
One of my stacks is made up of my Dads first roll cabinet from when he was a line mechanic and is likely from the mid 50s.....I never went looking for the date code that would start a complete garage reorganization that I don't have time for.