View Full Version : I bought more clamps!

Black Forest
12-04-2011, 12:26 PM
After seeing Sir John's post about this type of clamps I thought they would be a good addition.

I saw some on Ebay and ended up wining the auction!

Sir John I think you should send me half the money because you were responsible for me buying these clamps.

Your half comes to 25 Euro's.

12-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Ok i'll bite, how do they work. Do the jaw looking pieces slide forward on the angles to push up against work on the table?

12-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Where do you buy them & if you don't mind what's the cost?

12-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Based on BF hints.... I'm guessing 50 euros, which depending on Greece and Italy, is somewhere between $5 and $200

Black Forest
12-04-2011, 01:27 PM
I just checked the AMF website and the clamps cost 85 Euro's apiece. So the totla would 338 Euro's for the four clamps.

I paid 53 Euro's for the four!

Tony Ennis
12-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Note the upper left clamp. It seems to be designed to force the work against the table.

Black Forest
12-04-2011, 01:34 PM
John posted a picture of how these clamps work. I don't know the thread the pictures are in, sorry. I know they push against and down on the workpiece.

Tony Pratt
12-04-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm guessing they are all the same, looks like the main body is clamped to the table and as the cap head is tightened up it forces the 2 loose jaws down the angle and advances them to clamp the work side on??

12-04-2011, 04:01 PM

BF, or anyone else, AMF is ?...can someone narrow it down a bit...I find anything from a file type to a bowling ball...the clamp work method is as has been posted...one advantage, from someone posting to the above thread, appears to be being able to tighten to the workpiece even if there is an overhang in the way

12-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Good clamps,another 2-3 dump trucks full and you might just have enough.:)

12-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Try this:http://www.amf.de/en/company/products/hand-tools-2/

Go to the product section and look for No. 6490.

12-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Looks like you bolt them flat to the mill table using the slots. With the socket head bolt loose, you push them against the edge of a workpiece and tighten them down. Then when you tighten the socket head bolt, the loose pieces force against the edge of the workpiece to hold it. That's my guess, anyway.

12-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Sorry about post #9 as that question had been answered in a thread about 3 weeks ago, must have missed it