PDA

View Full Version : OT, free listings of phone numbers ????

DR
12-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Seems like a few years ago I could use a few different searches to find phone listings without charge.

Now I try whitepages.com and others, I find the person, but they transfer me to another site with fees when I want the phone number.

Are there any sites with free phone listings for the USA?

I was leaving the dentist's office this morning and I ran into a guy I hadn't seen for 30 years. We talked quite awhile getting up to speed on what had been going on in our lives. Also about mutual friends, then I get home thinking I'll call some of them, but no current phone listings. I know, I could sign up for a listings service except I'm a cheap skate.

tlfamm
12-05-2011, 05:02 PM
try www.anywho.com

no fee - but if no phone listing is found, you may receive advertisements for for-pay "investigative" sites.

Edit:

"Are there any sites with free phone listings for the USA?"

You must at least know the state of residence - countrywide searches are not provided for.

lwalker
12-05-2011, 09:49 PM
google.

My experience has been if the person's phone number is listed (and many times when it's not!!), googling the name with city & state turns up a number.

Carld
12-05-2011, 11:30 PM
The problem is most people have cell phones and the numbers are NOT listed in the white pages. To get those numbers, it possible at all, you'll have to pay.

If they have a land line the number will be shown unless it's an unlisted number.

Aren't cell phones great.