PDA

View Full Version : Tool Boards (Displays)

Horst
12-07-2011, 10:15 AM
I'm putting together a tool board for all my measuring tools and I am looking for ideas on how to attach the tools. The last time I recall seeing one of these it was the the cover of a Lee Valley catalog and was woodworking tools. I am not finding anything online so If anyone has a link I would appreciate that.
I am planning to make it glass fronted and sealed with a desiccant in there somewhere. I know I have read discussions about the but now I can't find any. I could use some help and ideas. If anyone has done this pictures would be nice. Thanks.

Richard Wilson
12-07-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm putting together a tool board for all my measuring tools and I am looking for ideas on how to attach the tools. The last time I recall seeing one of these it was the the cover of a Lee Valley catalog and was woodworking tools. I am not finding anything online so If anyone has a link I would appreciate that.
I am planning to make it glass fronted and sealed with a desiccant in there somewhere. I know I have read discussions about the but now I can't find any. I could use some help and ideas. If anyone has done this pictures would be nice. Thanks.

I did this a few years ago, and simply used 'L' hooks screwed into the backbord, to hold my nice measuring tools. The warning here is that when the lowlife scum broke in, all the nice tools were on display so that they could easily find them and steal them. Now I put things away in drawers, seemingly at random, but I know where they are. If they are going to steal my tools now, at least they will have had to put some effort into finding them first.

Richard

macona
12-07-2011, 11:22 AM

Rare earth magnets. You are not using them so who cares if they get magnetized.

Horst
12-07-2011, 11:48 AM
I am using them.