X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Black Forest
    • Jan 2010

Electric Car

THis little electric car just pulled into my place. He needed to fill up! The owner is the father of one of my daughters schoolmates. He just bought the car and was not sure how far he could drive.

The car is registered as an official auto. He can drive it on the Autobahn if he wants. To me it looks like a covered bicycle. It has a top speed I think of around 75 kilometers per hour.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!
  • rythmnbls
    • Aug 2010

3 wheeled cars remind me of the Reliant Robin

Jeremy takes the extreme sport of Reliant Robin rolling to the streets of Barnsley, aided by a string of celebrities who just happen to be on hand to help ke...

Steve.

Comment

• Westline
      • Feb 2011

Good thing it is not blue or Mr Bean would be upset
      If you are using violence and it does not work, You are not using enough or it is upside down.
      You can always just EDM it...

Comment

• flylo
        • Apr 2011

It has pedals he can go as far as he want's to. In reality here is where a tiny diesel engine would be great. To power the car & charge the batteries.

Comment

• flathead4
          • Apr 2010

I'm guessing that it is okay on the Autoban because a real car could drive right over it with out getting hurt, right?

Tom
          Tom - Spotsylvania, VA

Comment

• justanengineer
            • Nov 2010

It looks like it should have a set of hang glider'esque wings and a backwards engine and propeller pushing it.

I give the man credit. I would be terrified to drive that lil thing on the road.
            "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

• saltmine
              • Nov 2008

That's cool! In my neighborhood, the meth-heads wouldn't even have to break into it, they'd just pick it up, and walk off with it.
              No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

• danlb
                • Nov 2008

That looks like it would make a nice little city car. Easy to park, room for a few bags of greoceries, and pedal power if you mis-calculate the state of charge.

Add a big banner and flashing lights to get the attention of SUV drivers (so they will recognize what they ran over) and it sounds usable.

Dan
                At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

• EVguru
                  • Dec 2008

The Twike has been around for many years. It's rare in the UK because of the requirment for a glass screen rather than plastic.

They used to use a lot of D-cell NiCads and weren't very reliable, but I think most of the bugs have been sorted by now.
                  Paul Compton
                  www.morini-mania.co.uk
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru

Comment

• sasquatch
                    • May 2006

Looks nicely built , interesting, but a warm climate vehichle for sure.

BF interesting topic.

Comment

• Black Forest
                      • Jan 2010

This car had a heater inside. That was one of my first questions.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

• Black_Moons
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by sasquatch
                        Looks nicely built , interesting, but a warm climate vehichle for sure.

BF interesting topic.
                        *shivers* you'd be suprised what humans can put up with to save a couple hundred dollars a month on fuel/insurance/maintence!

Iv ridden my motorbike at -10c before.. Had to keep the choke open because it was so damn cold! (though I have tuned the motor a little better since)

And by 'ridden' I mean 'to the store to pick up the weeks groceries'
                        Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

• sasquatch
                          • May 2006

Re: To pick up groceries:

Do you wear a back pack? Guy here does quite often till the weather gets too bad.

Others wear snowmobile suits, and head to town on an ATV,, a few anyway, maybe two? Chilly ride even with a windshield!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Comment

• John Stevenson
                            • Mar 2001

Originally posted by rythmnbls
                            3 wheeled cars remind me of the Reliant Robin

Jeremy takes the extreme sport of Reliant Robin rolling to the streets of Barnsley, aided by a string of celebrities who just happen to be on hand to help ke...

Steve.
                            This is my favorite.

Hammond and May discover if the Robin Reliant would make for a viable space shuttle. Getting it off the ground won't be a problem, but can they get it to sa...

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

• hornluv
                              • Oct 2002

There's someone here in town (a university professor, I believe) that has one just like that except white. I got to see its big brother a year or so back when they were competing in the X-prize for electric vehicles. The company is German if I'm not mistaken.
                              Stuart de Haro

Comment

Working...
                              X