PDA

View Full Version : Super-Flex A Collets

lost_cause
12-08-2011, 05:28 PM
I came across a lot of collets today that say Super-Flex A on them. The lot consisted of sizes 1/8 through 7/16 by 32nds, missing 5/16 and 11/32. I did a quick search and I'm thinking these are the same as Cincinnati A series collets? Anyone know if that's correct? I didn't get them yet, but assuming nobody grabs them up before I go back, I can get the 9 available pieces pretty inexpensively. If they aren't something I can use, is there a market for these still? Or, if I decide to keep them would it be easy to pick up the odd missing sizes?

I'm still searching for a collet setup for my South Bend 9 - for as little cash as possible. These are of a pass-through design and the same size range as the 3C collets that are meant for a South Bend. I was thinking that if these would work I could make the adapter sleeve and clamping nut to adapt these to the South Bend spindle. I don't mind if a project takes too many man hours to make it viable, because it's all still part of the learning and education process for me.

lost_cause
12-09-2011, 04:05 PM
nobody out there who is familiar with these?