PDA

View Full Version : Geeze it's almost Midnight -- And we're still working!

Grind Hard
01-02-2012, 11:48 PM
...I should have never taught her how to bend metal. I've created a monster. :D

(gloat gloat gloat)

bobw53
01-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Meteor shower coming soon, its all good.

Your wife will never know.

Grind Hard
01-03-2012, 01:17 AM
She ain't my wife. :p

LKeithR
01-03-2012, 01:44 AM
She ain't my wife. :p

I sense a developing story. Standing by...:D

Grind Hard
01-03-2012, 05:59 AM
Used to have one of those so-called "wife" things. I discovered that for $99 I can get a little box that tells me where to go and how to get there... and for an additional download it will helpfully suggest ideas on what to do with myself when I arrive.

It's called a GPS. Highly recommended!

Also, I discovered by setting a dozen alarm-clocks around the house I can instill the same amount of painful buzzing every morning, at a much lower cost than the "wife" I had previously.

Furthermore... If I so chose, I could eat at Mighty Taco EVERY DAY for a year and it would cost less than some of her binges... AND the clerk behind the counter SOMETIMES says "have a nice day." 15 years and I only hear her say that maybe twice?

Lastly... I never said I was a Good Mormon. Just that I practice some aspects of their belief system. Stop ripping me to pieces and holding me to some high-faloot'n standard 'cause I ain't one of them.

After 15 years of $&(*&!! I showed Wife Unit the door. My lawyer was all kinds of helpful, and since her income is SO MUCH GREATER than mine PLUS all of her Investments and her Side Business I walked away not owing her a cent.

Plus she took her stupid little dog, too. Barny, destroyer of wall-warts and power-cords.

Ran directly to her "new love," who oddly enough worked in the same department at the same company as her, they were living together within hours of me "taking out the trash."

Suddenly all that "overtime" and "working late" and "social engagement" and "company training seminar" **** makes sense... especially in this economy. All that training and she never got one whit smarter. Couldn't fix my iPhone when it stopped working... despite ALL. THAT. TRAINING.

This is a woman who never understood why I spent time out in the workshop... oh at first the was fascinated that I could make her things out of shiny brass... but then it became a "stupid hobby" like everything else I am into.

No my friend, the woman in my shop is NOT my wife. Just my Current Female Companion, AKA "Girlfriend..." Which is a silly term considering that we are over 30. WELL over 30. In fact one of us hits NOT. 30. very soon. :D

(to be fair a marriage failure takes two people, I'm quite sure I brought her unending wrath down upon myself and deserved some of it... But when it turns into an unending stream of "these are the things you have done wrong since you woke up this morning" it's time to push the big red E-STOP button.)

herbet999
01-03-2012, 06:11 AM
don't sugar coat it.

Black_Moons
01-03-2012, 06:33 AM
Used to have one of those so-called "wife" things. I discovered that for $99 I can get a little box that tells me where to go and how to get there... and for an additional download it will helpfully suggest ideas on what to do with myself when I arrive. (snip)

Hahahaha, Good rant. I really enjoyed it.

Circlip
01-03-2012, 06:53 AM
She obviously made the wrong descision 15 years ago :D

How long into the "Mistake" did it take for reality to overcome lust?????

Regards Ian.

Mcgyver
01-03-2012, 06:54 AM
don't sugar coat it.

lol. .

justanengineer
01-03-2012, 07:01 AM
BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Thankfully the keyboard and screen were well protected from what I was previously eating!

To quote a very wise older friend, "If your mistakes dont end up costing you for the rest of your life, then you didnt f$%^ it up too badly."

Glad to hear youve finally found a bit of happiness.

moe1942
01-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Why not tell us how you really feel...:D

rmuell01
01-03-2012, 12:06 PM
...I should have never taught her how to bend metal. I've created a monster. :D

(gloat gloat gloat)

so what about the bending? got pics?

Grind Hard
01-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Sorry for the massively off-topic rant and rave but yes, I found something good and I had to share. :)

Now for a closing thought, It wasn't always miserable it just ended that way. We had plenty of good times, and I can look back on those and say "yes those were good times."

However, something changed and neither of us were willing to confront it... and it lead to this.

Lesson learned, moving forward. :)

Thank you for listening.