• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr Stan
    • Apr 2024

Need info on Radnor products

Posted this on the welding sub-forum, but I did not receive any responses:

I have a line on an Airco 250 amp AC/DC power supply, which I think is one of the ones built by Miller. The serial number is JG139964 if anyone has access to the Miller data base. The current owner wants $275 for the unit, but it is not set up for TIG welding.

I found a water cooled Radnor TIG torch kit at Airgas for about $150 less than a similar Weldcraft unit. On a welding site there was some discussion about Radnor products and it seems to be the house brand for Airgas. Does anyone know if Radnor products are American or Chinese made?

I'm also open to suggestions/comments on other American made brands of torches.
  • macona
    • Aug 2006

Radnor is the house brand for airgas. Wether it is chinese or USA is going to depend on the part. You will have to look on the package, if there is one.

I personally like the CK Worldwide stuff, made in Washington.

I am guessing the machine is a Miller Dialarc.

Comment

Macona,

Thanks for the reply. Just talked to the local Airgas distributor and he will find out where the kit is made. BTW, I was quite surprised that he beat the internet price by $75.00.

From the seller's description I too think it is a re-badged Miller Dialarc. Should be a very good, solid machine. He is selling it for $275.00 so it's a good deal from my perspective.

Comment

• macona
        • Aug 2006

Thats about the right price for the machine. I think thats where my dad sold his old one.

Comment

• JoeFin
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by macona
          I personally like the CK Worldwide stuff, made in Washington.
          To which there is no equal

As for the Re-badged Miller aka Airco - I have one and I can personally vouch for the quality of the machine. Sure my square wave does a fine job with aluminum but to the degree I can turn down and control the heat on the Airco is superior
          Last edited by JoeFin; 01-16-2012, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X