PDA

View Full Version : My wife gave her Canon 60D away!

Black Forest
01-27-2012, 02:42 PM
I asked my wife if I could use her new camera to film me threading today. She looked at me and told me she gave it to her sister. She told me she just wants a cheap camera that she doesn't have to worry about.

Then she smiled and told me that I know how much her sister is into photography but she doesn't have the money to buy a good camera bla bla bla. Her logic was that I gave her the camera to make her happy and giving the camera to her sister made her happy............then I asked about the lenses........of course she gave her the lenses.........what good is a good camera without good lenses........another big smile....

A guy will never figure out women!

Evan
01-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Praise her for being so generous. You might get lucky. ;)

Black Forest
01-27-2012, 02:48 PM
I don't have a problem with her being generous or giving the camera away. I just have a problem with her sister being the receipient! Needless to say I have no use for her sister! In the dictionary next to bitch is her picture.

Evan
01-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Yeah, but you don't have to live with her sister.

MichaelP
01-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Come on, BF! You're not married to her sister. You just made your wife happy, and this is what counts.

P.S. If she'd given her camera away to her lover, I'd use another excuse to calm you down.

wb2vsj
01-27-2012, 02:57 PM
At least it wasn't a Nikon! :p

Juuuuust Kidding -

Walt

Tony
01-27-2012, 02:59 PM
At least it wasn't a Nikon! :p

Juuuuust Kidding -

Walt

hahahha oh man that was good.

justanengineer
01-27-2012, 03:56 PM
While the attitude of the sister may be rather tiring, I think the more important consideration should be her level of being "into photography." I know a lot of people that are "into photography," that spend a LOT of money on it, that then use their fancy camera maybe once a month to snap a few pics. I also know others who travel around to take a hundred pictures weekly bc they are "into photography." If your SIL is in the first category, aka "into expensive things," I would consider thinking up a nice "accident" to involve said camera in. If she is genuinely into the later, ask her how she's enjoying it sometime while trying to be genuine yourself...maybe she will play nice too.

Limy Sami
01-27-2012, 04:14 PM

Time to give your wife away;)

Black Forest
01-27-2012, 04:23 PM
I am being genuine when I tell her not to set foot on my place. I don't do all this pyschoanylizing crap. It is not my job to save the world. Play nice with me I play nice with you. **** on me and I hit you with a shovel. Very simple lifestyle.

Alistair Hosie
01-27-2012, 04:50 PM
I am with B Forest on this one only thing I'd like my sister to get is aids.well maybe she couldn't get that again surely what a bitch she is.Alistair

Peter.
01-27-2012, 05:02 PM
I am being genuine when I tell her not to set foot on my place. I don't do all this pyschoanylizing crap. It is not my job to save the world. Play nice with me I play nice with you. **** on me and I hit you with a shovel. Very simple lifestyle.

Better make that swing count though coz now she has a decent camera she can get all the evidence she needs :D

beanbag
01-27-2012, 05:23 PM
my question is did u use your wife as a proxy to give her nice gifts so that you can use them yourself?

.RC.
01-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Praise her for being so generous. You might get lucky. ;)

But with who? ;)

Black_Moons
01-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Ask your wife if she deleted those nude photos of her you took before giving away the camera. :P

brian Rupnow
01-27-2012, 06:56 PM
If I can't figure out soon how to make better videos with my Cannon, I'm going to send it to his wifes sister too!!!!----Brian

vpt
01-27-2012, 06:58 PM
First the camera, next the machines.

J Tiers
01-27-2012, 07:56 PM
If I can't figure out soon how to make better videos with my Cannon, I'm going to send it to his wifes sister too!!!!----Brian

What's the issue?

My cheapo new pocket-size Canon does REALLY well....

IMO Canon has the best combo of factors that make a good camera... I have two, and both are quite good.

One had a problem years after the warranty expired.... was fixed free, not even shipping was charged.

uncle pete
01-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Black Forrest,
For what ir's worth you have my sympathy. Been there and experienced that.

Pete

RTPBurnsville
01-27-2012, 08:32 PM

Could not have been stated any better!

sasquatch
01-27-2012, 08:36 PM
I'll take a sheep any day instead of a cranky-arsed woman!!:D :D

danlb
01-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Look on the bright side. Now you have an excuse to research all the other fine cameras out there and give her a fresh new gift.

Dan

Mcgyver
01-27-2012, 11:58 PM
I don't have a problem with her being generous or giving the camera away. I just have a problem with her sister being the receipient! Needless to say I have no use for her sister! In the dictionary next to bitch is her picture.

you could show us proof by asking sis for the camera back....and filming the exchange....wait....:D

BF that sucks. I'm with mad at her crowd, none of this for support the bride no matter what crap, bad decisions make me cranky

dvo
01-28-2012, 12:09 AM
I asked my wife if I could use her new camera to film me threading today. She looked at me and told me she gave it to her sister. She told me she just wants a cheap camera that she doesn't have to worry about.

Then she smiled and told me that I know how much her sister is into photography but she doesn't have the money to buy a good camera bla bla bla. Her logic was that I gave her the camera to make her happy and giving the camera to her sister made her happy............then I asked about the lenses........of course she gave her the lenses.........what good is a good camera without good lenses........another big smile....

A guy will never figure out women!

Ouch! Get her the $20 special from Walmart and see what her reaction is.

bborr01
01-28-2012, 01:12 AM
BF,

Maybe she got a good smartphone, in which case her Canon was probably obsolete. I know, it's hard to let go of the past.

Brian

lenord
01-28-2012, 01:25 AM
2 Corinthians 9:7

You should each give what you have decided in your heart to give. You shouldn't give if you don't want to. You shouldn't give because you are forced to. God loves a cheerful giver.

I would be grateful I had a wife that had a heart such as hers. Buy her whatever she wants.

FWIW

Black Forest
01-28-2012, 02:31 AM
My wife gave me a good analogy of her view on the camera. She told me it would be the same as me wearing my favorite very expensive jacket in my shop while I am working. I would be worried about burning holes in it when welding or getting oil and scwarf on it when machining. It would be a distraction. I couldn't disagree with her.

For the record I am not mad at my wife for giving the camera away. I just have this little tight spot about her giving it to her sister!

It is not as if I worked extra hours or saved money for a long time to buy the camera.

I told her to research and buy a camera she would like and be comfortable with using.

Circlip
01-28-2012, 03:06 AM
I am with B Forest on this one only thing I'd like my sister to get is aids.well maybe she couldn't get that again surely what a bitch she is.Alistair

Real christian attitude. Perhaps the many that wished you goodwill when suffering from your own stupidity should note.

A few years ago a "neighbor" wished the good lord would give me cancer - - - her husband died from it last year.

What goes round comes round.

Best regards Ian.

macona
01-28-2012, 03:40 AM
I am really happy with my camera but in the end it is just another too. It is intended to be used. I don't worry about it. A friend was giving me grief (Jokingly) about carrying my camera around at a party with an L lens on it. I told her it was a tool, if it breaks I will fix it or replace it.

dp
01-28-2012, 04:09 AM
That was an expensive gift!

Black Forest
01-28-2012, 04:51 AM
Real christian attitude. Perhaps the many that wished you goodwill when suffering from your own stupidity should note.

A few years ago a "neighbor" wished the good lord would give me cancer - - - her husband died from it last year.

Best regards Ian.

So if we are preaching here Circlip, how come your neighbor wished you bad feelings? I don't want an answer just saying! And how is it that you say what goes around comes around? I thought it was the wife neighbor that wished you ill feelings not the husband. Your good lord has a nasty sense of fair play!

I feel George with his finger on the locked button!!!!!!

macona
01-28-2012, 05:21 AM
Oh, you can just have neighbors that are nuts. A friend at work had one woman neighbor that was bat sh!t crazy. Filing lawsuits against all the neighbors for no reason. Finally stabbed herself to death. Talk about determination!

Black_Moons
01-28-2012, 05:40 AM

Best regards Ian.

lol. Did you tell her "The lord works in mysterious and wonderious ways!... That or his aim sucks"

blowlamp
01-28-2012, 07:41 AM
My wife gave me a good analogy of her view on the camera. She told me it would be the same as me wearing my favorite very expensive jacket in my shop while I am working. I would be worried about burning holes in it when welding or getting oil and scwarf on it when machining. It would be a distraction. I couldn't disagree with her.

For the record I am not mad at my wife for giving the camera away. I just have this little tight spot about her giving it to her sister!

It is not as if I worked extra hours or saved money for a long time to buy the camera.

I told her to research and buy a camera she would like and be comfortable with using.

I don't think I would be quite that understanding, especially if my better half knew my feelings towards the person she was passing it on to.

About your last paragraph, Black Forest. Does this refer to the Canon camera, or it's replacement?

Martin.

Black Forest
01-28-2012, 07:43 AM
I don't think I would be quite that understanding, especially if my better half knew my feelings towards the person she was passing it on to.

About your last paragraph, Black Forest. Does this refer to the Canon camera, or it's replacement?

Martin.

Replacement. I did the research on the 60D and with some help from people on here I decided that would be a good camera for her.

Now she is on her own!

blowlamp
01-28-2012, 07:53 AM
To my way of thinking, your wife's sister should buy her a neat little camera as a thank you gesture, if she knows she needs one.

Just my idea of good manners.

Martin.

Black Forest
01-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Blowlamp you don't understand. Good manners and such don't enter into the equation with the SIL.

The best now is for me to smile and forget about the sister thing! Done is done.

I don't disagree with you it is just normal and my SIL are never used in the same sentence, hell for that matter they are never used in the same Country!

gda
01-28-2012, 09:11 AM
Ask the wife to ask the SIL to borrow the camera for your project, then just never give it back, or even better say it broke and see if the SIL demands a replacement.

moe1942
01-28-2012, 12:12 PM

Sounds like a good plan to me...:D

Carld
01-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Black Forest, perhaps your wife is more upset with your dislike of her sister than you are aware of. Perhaps she gave her sister the camera to get even.

Evan
01-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Did you tell her "The lord works in mysterious and wonderious ways!... That or his aim sucks"

http://ixian.ca/pics9/gcomputer.jpg

Black Forest
01-28-2012, 01:07 PM
No she is not upset with me about her sister. She agrees that her sister is not OK. She just tolerates her because she is her sister. My wife always tells me it is harder on me than her.

I don't look for the hidden meaning in most things. Life is too short to try to solve every other persons problems.

flylo
01-28-2012, 01:41 PM
BF, your a better man than me. I'd just go get my camera back. It wasn't your wifes to give away. Give away one of here favorite things& see how she feels. Today the camera, tommorrow the tools & machines.

Evan
01-28-2012, 03:47 PM
It was hers to give away.

flylo
01-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Sorry I missed that part. My mistake.:(

Black_Moons
01-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Ok, So give away something your wife gave you. To that asshole brother/uncel/whoever of yours everyone hates. :P

Black Forest
01-28-2012, 05:48 PM
My wife didn't want a really good camera. She told me before I bought the camera that she just wanted a good camera that she could take pictures outside with of our place and horses. I didn't listen to her and bought her a better camera than she wanted.

So the weight is on me. Next time I will listen to what she wants. It is not such a big deal it just surprised me.

Carld
01-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Well, it may work out for the best. The hated sister may start wondering why she was given the camera knowing you all don't like her. Who knows, it may change her attitude.

EDIT: then again, maybe not.:D

blowlamp
01-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Well, it may work out for the best. The hated sister may start wondering why she was given the camera knowing you all don't like her. Who knows, it may change her attitude.

EDIT: then again, maybe not.:D

It'd be nice to think it would change her, but I bet she's just thinking of what she can get next. There's plenty more like her too.

Martin.

darryl
01-28-2012, 08:14 PM
In the grand scheme of things that is a grain of sand. In the bottle of life there's a few large rocks, quite a few pebbles, and the rest is sand. The large rocks are the important things, the pebbles are less so, etc. I don't know who stated this to begin with, but I always liked it. Why stress over sand that will simply get washed away eventually anyway. The pebbles might be of some importance now, but those too will become insignificant.

wierdscience
01-28-2012, 11:09 PM
I'm with Darryl,pick out the big rocks and chunk them at your SIL:D

Black Forest
01-29-2012, 02:29 AM
I agree about the rocks, pebbles and sand but just a little twist. Me I take the sand and mix a little cement with it and throw that at the SIL. I keep the big rocks for myself!

SIL has had plenty of chance to change her attitude. It is not as if she made some little annoyance and then I lowered the gilliotine. She refuses to discuss the situation and so I refuse to allow her here at my place. Quite simple and it works for me and my wife. She agrees with me that it is the best solution.

Circlip
01-29-2012, 05:03 AM
So if we are preaching here Circlip, how come your neighbor wished you bad feelings? I don't want an answer just saying! And how is it that you say what goes around comes around? I thought it was the wife neighbor that wished you ill feelings not the husband. Your good lord has a nasty sense of fair play!

I feel George with his finger on the locked button!!!!!!

Not preaching BF as my beliefs do not extend to Bible bashing."the good Lord" were her words not mine. The problem was the hypocrasy of a self proclaimed "Believer" wishing a slow and debiliating terminal (in most cases) illness on a fellow human being. Even as an agnostic, i never have or would wish sickness on one of "Gods" creatures.

Root cause of problem? Yea, me having the audacity to park the car in front of my own house.

Regards Ian.

Black Forest
01-29-2012, 05:43 AM
Root cause of problem? Yea, me having the audacity to park the car in front of my own house.

Well that explains it! How dare you park in front of your own house.

You are right I never wish any illness or bad fortune on anyone. (Well almost never)

vpt
01-29-2012, 09:37 AM
It was hers to give away.

Everything is "half" hers. ;)

Black Forest
01-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Everything is "half" hers. ;)

My wife always says to me, " What is yours is ours, what is mine is mine!"

vpt
01-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Can you give her my number in case she wants to give anything else away? :D

Black Forest
01-29-2012, 11:54 AM
Can you give her my number in case she wants to give anything else away? :D

OK, But you might get me!

vpt
01-29-2012, 12:32 PM
I could use an experienced helping hand. You work for $1 an hour right?

darryl
01-29-2012, 06:57 PM
I heard it another way 'what's yours is ours, whats ours is mine, and what's mine is mine.'

sasquatch
01-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Reminds me of the "Personalized License plate i seen on the computor somewhere,, this chick was driving a new Corvette and the license read--,

"WAS HIS" :eek: :eek: