PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to share projects?

Spookydad
02-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Is it ok to share projects here or is there a specific thread?

This isn't shop made tooling. It is the first couple of "real" projects on my new toys.

Neil

ikdor
02-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Of course, even though all the off topic posts make it look like machining content is a no-no here :D
Bring lots of pictures.

Igor

DICKEYBIRD
02-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Absolutely! Make sure you post plenty of pictures. We love pictures.:D

IMHO, I'd rather that projects be posted seperately rather than in the gigantic Shop Tools thread. They get lost in there and (for me) are hard to find via search.

J Tiers
02-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I REFUSE to post any more in the "shopmade tools"..... They can ban me if they must, but that thread is out of hand and can't be dealt with.... it is un-saveable.

Any more tools I post, if I even bother to post them anymore, will be separate from it.

DICKEYBIRD
02-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Any more tools I post, if I even bother to post them anymore Ouch, what happened Jerry? That sounds pretty bitter.:confused:

Your project posts are always good.

John Stevenson
02-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Jerry put a picture down on page 134 and when he went back someone had nicked it :D

Seriously though I was fine when just tools and tips were posted but everyone has dived in with copied posts and me too's which has spoilt it.

It need a good hair cut :D

J Tiers
02-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Ouch, what happened Jerry? That sounds pretty bitter.

nay , sir.

I'm no' bitter..... I just have no time to look through 1200 posts for something I maybe saw there that might be cool to have for some job....

It shows as 40 pages for me, but many folks use a setting that shows less per page... could be 120 pages for them.

Plain out unusable, really, which is a dirty shame..

George Bulliss
02-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Is it ok to share projects here or is there a specific thread?

This isn't shop made tooling. It is the first couple of "real" projects on my new toys.

Neil

By all means, share your project. Feel free to post it in any forum you want. The shop made tools was made a sticky simply because it had a lot of good threads in it and it would have been a shame see it slip out of sight. It has grown far beyond what I would have guessed, but still has some good stuff entered on a regular basis.

We have no rules as to where you must post a subject to. The various forums are there to give you a few options but you are free to post it wherever you think is appropriate.

George

Carld
02-05-2012, 05:44 PM
A shop made tool thread is fine if it is only shop made tools and no comment posts. It also has to be in alphabetical order to be able to find stuff.

I'm sure this would be a major undertaking to clean it up so it is usable. Who wants to search through 162 pages as listed today.

Toxic
02-05-2012, 05:57 PM
What a jip..just read through this and nothing..LOL..Pics and project please..:D

John Stevenson
02-05-2012, 06:50 PM
A shop made tool thread is fine if it is only shop made tools and no comment posts. It also has to be in alphabetical order to be able to find stuff.

I'm sure this would be a major undertaking to clean it up so it is usable. Who wants to search through 162 pages as listed today.

10 minute job for someone with time on his hands. I vote Evan :D

mike4
02-06-2012, 02:02 AM
What happened to some of the early pics in the shopmade tools post ,I went there recently to try to identify some stuff which came in a lot that I had purchased and even though the post was there the attached pics had gone.
Michael

Davo J
02-06-2012, 02:24 AM
Thats the trouble with links to places like photo bucket etc, if someone moves there photos or deletes them or changes the name of an album, they are no longer shown.
The only thing I suggest is to contact the OP of the photos and see if they still have a copy.

Dave

Paul Alciatore
02-06-2012, 02:44 AM

Actually, some sort of FILES section would be better for this, like in Yahoo Groups. It could be organized and managed much better.

But I don't know if this BB software has any capability for that.