PDA

View Full Version : Vacation @ N.A.M.E.S.

RussZHC
02-08-2012, 07:51 PM
My vacation time is weird as the "year" is split into seasonal yet since I am the first needing to act, its staggered a bit.

Anyway, what it amounts to is this year it may work out to attend N.A.M.E.S. I took a quick look at their site, my interest is to meet people and suppliers...can I expect most of the suppliers listed on the site to attend the show?

Other thoughts...

sasquatch
02-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Russ, hope you get to that show,,,, and if ya do,, ya GOTTA bring us back some pics!!

PULLEEEAASSEE!!!:cool:

TGTool
02-08-2012, 10:04 PM
After a couple years' absence for scheduling conflicts and and other things, Tallgrass Tools expects to be there with an addition to its short list of products. (Lord willing, devil don't hinder, creek don't rise). :D

PTSideshow
02-09-2012, 06:32 AM
As with any thing event and such. Most do come back year after year. Now with that said. N.A.M.E.S. board of Directors has banned a number of people both companies, and the individual sellers one guy only after numerous complaints and run ins with volunteers and not following requests to pack up and get out of the arena during tear down.

There was a couple of real junk dealers that were told not to come back! Also last year there was a mix up with one of the Ohio members of this forum. As it turned out people got him confused with the problem child I mentioned in the first paragraph.

He declined to sell last year, after it was found out.
Add to the above, as Jan of TGT said conflicts in scheduling for the vendors, the economy, family emergencies. And last minutes decisions, we have had them all over the years.

We never know who or when till they show up.

Bob Fisher
02-09-2012, 09:32 PM
looking forward to this years show, my 14th, I think. Hope to see Lou Chinot's Deusenberg engine running. Back to the Zack arena, where I first discovered this show! Bob.

loose nut
02-10-2012, 07:51 PM
He doesn't display the Dusey anymore, he is working on 2 liberty engines and a boat to run them in.

PT do you know why CDCO doesn't show up anymore??? They where always very popular.