PDA

View Full Version : OT Regulator Repair

grumpygator
02-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Hi Guys,
Long time reader.I have learn a lot from this forum in the last few years ,really like the across all time zones flavour it takes on .
My question is there a way to repair/rebuild/fix the o2 regulator on my smoke wrench?
Its a Proline 250T-80.
Problem: Output pressure goes off high side of scale even with ajuster screwed all the way out.
Thanks ************GG*************
P.S. As I am new to computers and only type with two fat fingers all errors are of my own makeing. I find it funny that I can make chips and hold to .001 but cant master this dell desktop.

macona
02-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Sounds like a bad valve seat. There are places that repair them but I have never even heard of that brand. Airgas does a trade in on new regulators.

TGTool
02-17-2012, 06:06 PM
I've taken long unused regulators around to a welding repair shop just to get checked and verified before something unexpected happened. They checked, replaced gauge covers, gave me a clean bill and charged only a pittance. I thought it was worth having an experienced, professional eye on them.

sasquatch
02-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Take it to a certified regulator guy.

My Purox acetylene regulator was creeping up on pressure to a dangerous point, so i took it in , he rebuilt it, cost was $22.00 .

(Not worth messing with these things.)

1-800miner
02-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Take it to a pro.
There have been fatalities from the damn things.

gcude
02-17-2012, 11:24 PM
When I bought my used oxy-acetylene rig, the oxygen regulator had a busted diaphram. Took both gauges/regulators to local welding supplier and had them both repaired and tested. Total bill was $63. That seemed reasonable to me, especially the peace of mind knowing they were tested by pros.

J. R. Williams
02-17-2012, 11:30 PM
I recall an older regulator that was used on crude oil service that had a seat block with four faces. When it started acting-up it was easy to open the unit and rotate the seat to a new surface. The seat material appeared to be Nylon.