PDA

View Full Version : First Project Wheel Chair (Dog)

Asmithrc
02-20-2012, 09:07 AM
My first project with the new mill. I made a custom wheel chair for the old man. I hurt him last year and wanted to give him a nice suprise. Almost finished, have a couple of things to finish/make.
Materials Aluminum and Titanium
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/asmithnc2004/e5b11301.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/asmithnc2004/dog007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/asmithnc2004/506f798d.jpg

bborr01
02-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Your dog is very lucky to have an owner that cares enough about him to take the time to do something so nice for him.

Brian

A.K. Boomer
02-20-2012, 09:32 AM
U know u luv your dawg when u use titanium in his wheel chair components ;)

very nice and the thing about dogs is as long as it works their just as happy.

Sleep a little

Play a little

Eat allot

and scratch where it itches,

Dogs have the right idea about life.:)

john clements
02-20-2012, 09:39 AM
Does he lift one wheel up to pee?

John C

frankie
02-20-2012, 09:50 AM
what breed of dog is he/she?
john

mototed
02-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Good looking project. He looks satisfied with it in the second photo.
Looks like some Corgi in his blood.

Ted

A.K. Boomer
02-20-2012, 10:10 AM
He looks satisfied with it in the second photo.

Ted

It's funny how everyone see's something different --- I was thinking it was the kind of look that says --------- "seriously? --- where the hell's my quick change ski package that U promised" lol

oh well - back to the shop for a bit:p

Asmithrc
02-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Good looking project. He looks satisfied with it in the second photo.
Looks like some Corgi in his blood.

Ted

He seems very happy with his wheels. He is a full blooded Corgi in need of some grooming. I have been busy with the cart with all the fine tuning.

Does he lift his wheel to pee...... nice one.... you gave me a much needed laugh.

My goal was to make the cart as light weigh as I could. Est. weight 2-2.5#. Kept the CG as low a possible for stability on our uneven terrian at the house. The wheels are the heaviest part of the cart.
Thanks for the nice replies. He needs some time to rebuild lost musle mass for longer walks with the family.

Alistair Hosie
11-06-2014, 02:00 PM
I really think this (though difficult) is a decision only your family with perhaps advice from the vet can make. You guys will be on hand to moniter his situation on a daily basis and see if he thrives like this. I have seen dogs that do, and live on without complaint.But as A K said if he is suffering beyond all sound reason, then you have to make the tough decisions I am afraid we all need to make with our pets, from time to time.I too ,(and I am a big guy) have cried walking out of the vets office with an empty collar and lead.I do hope you get through this one and come out smiling.Some dogs adapt very easily others just don't thrive with such a handicap.I am afraid that you guys need to see what is going on in the dogs mind,psyche,,with the new alterations to normal life. I wish you every success . Alistair.

plunger
11-06-2014, 03:34 PM
I wonder often what happens to forum members and how-come they discipeer. Cute dog ,I wonder how he is doing?