PDA

View Full Version : Cant see Practical Machinist

Edwin Dirnbeck
03-13-2012, 02:51 PM
I cant access Practical Machinist on my computer. Is anyone else having the same issue? Than you, Edwin

ikdor
03-13-2012, 02:56 PM
No problem here.

Igor

uncle pete
03-13-2012, 03:14 PM
The site itself comes up, But for me it won't load right now. They did mention doing some further site upgrades so maybe that's it?

PM is a good forum and I'd spend more time over there if it wasn't so dead slow. Why exactly you have to wait for those time consumeing adds to load and then the actual thread you want to view show up is beyond me. I fully understand that the advertiseing keeps the forum running, But after viewing an advertisement once, A "don't show me this again" button would be more than worthwhile. However I'm a computer imbecile, So maybe there's some tricks around those issues I don't have a clue about.

Pete

rythmnbls
03-13-2012, 03:21 PM
One way to avoid the ads is use a browser like firefox, with an adblock addon, page loads from PM are almost instant.

Steve.

uncle pete
03-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Steve,
I really appreciate the mention about Firefox, But it's my understanding Norton and Firefox tend to work against each other and would slow this POS puter down even more than it is. I'm not on dial up, But living in a tiny town without fiber optics yet, Our internet service is slow enough as it is. Without machinist type forums like this one. I wouldn't even bother with owning a computer sometimes.

Pete

Black_Moons
03-13-2012, 03:37 PM
The site itself comes up, But for me it won't load right now. They did mention doing some further site upgrades so maybe that's it?

PM is a good forum and I'd spend more time over there if it wasn't so dead slow. Why exactly you have to wait for those time consumeing adds to load and then the actual thread you want to view show up is beyond me. I fully understand that the advertiseing keeps the forum running, But after viewing an advertisement once, A "don't show me this again" button would be more than worthwhile. However I'm a computer imbecile, So maybe there's some tricks around those issues I don't have a clue about.

Pete

One reason I love HSM, Localy hosted *gif* ads. No sound, No flash, No huge wait because some advertising server in <insert remote 3rd world country> is overloaded, no loading time of insane javascript that trys to detect every single one of my browsers settings and plugins for no reason other then the webmasters curosity, etc. Just a nice fast loading time.

SilveradoHauler
03-13-2012, 03:38 PM
And with the new upgrade it is even slower!!!!

legendboy
03-13-2012, 03:42 PM
huge fail for them to have left out the "new posts" button

gvasale
03-13-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm getting issues with what appear to be graphics related; several other website all using v-bulletin, and this one (PM) looks like the graphics are very incomplete.

Dr Stan
03-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Friends don't let friends use PM. :)

Grind Hard
03-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Friends don't let friends use PM. :)

I would rather eat BUCKETS FULL OF SWARF than deal with PM.

This forum is much nicer! :)

kennyd4110
03-13-2012, 06:19 PM
I would rather eat BUCKETS FULL OF SWARF than deal with PM.

This forum is much nicer! :)

That is Funny!

Coming on here complaining about another website is just rude anyway IMHO.

skate creek
03-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Same Problem here. News headlines can be seen but click for the whole story and no text. This is on Yahoo and the Blaze that it occured beginning yesterday.

DFMiller
03-13-2012, 06:33 PM
So this is a problem??
Dave

Dr Stan
03-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Coming on here complaining about another website is just rude anyway IMHO.

apparently you have not had any dealings with Don (Milicron) at PM.

oldtiffie
03-13-2012, 06:47 PM
If this gets any closer to being a "PM-bashing" thread George Bulliss will either close the thread or delete it.

He has warned us often enough and it seems won't warn any futher.