PDA

View Full Version : past issues of HSM

fuzzy
03-22-2012, 12:30 AM
I would like to build Rudy Kouhoupt's tool post grinder that was published in 1994 Homeshop Machinist. I have the first two parts but need July/August issue to complete the project. Can anyone suggest where I may get volume 13 number 4 that has the third installment in it? Or possibly a copy of the article?
I would like to get earlier issues. Does anyone wish to sell their past HSM's and Workshops?

DFMiller
03-22-2012, 01:42 AM
Call George in the morning. He should be able to help out.
Dave

George Bulliss
03-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Village Press has a good number of back issues for sale, though some of the older ones may be sold out. If an issue is not in inventory for sale as a back issue we can photocopy the article you want for a small fee.

Another alternative would be to purchase “The Shop Wisdom of Rudy Kouhoupt, Vol. 2,” which contains the entire tool post grinder project, as well as many others.

To order back issues, photocopies, or books, please call Village Press at 800-447-7367.

George

lazlo
03-22-2012, 09:47 AM
I would like to build Rudy Kouhoupt's tool post grinder that was published in 1994 Homeshop Machinist.

FYI, there have been a bazillion tool post grinders published in Home Shop Machinist, ranging from mounting a Dremel or a die grinder to building a full-blown Dumore-style grinder. The toolpost grinder in last year's issues was excellent, IMHO...

fuzzy
03-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Thanks all. I called Village Press and a copy of the article is on its way! I will also look at the other articles. I AM ENJOYING MY NEW(OLD) LATHE!