PDA

View Full Version : Help - Old Baldor Motor Wiring

CCWKen
03-23-2012, 06:36 PM
I pulled an old .33hp Baldor 115v industrial motor out of storage and need to use it. I'm pretty sure it went into storage because I couldn't find a wiring diagram for it. I still can't. Nothing shows up under the Spec number or the Ser number. (The only ID numbers on the tag.)

It's an old 5-wire (+Grd) motor with one capacitor. All the wires in the connection box are white but have numbers. The problem is that none of the numbers correspond to any diagrams for similar motors. There's short pigtails attached that are colored but they have the same number scheme. Any one have an old reference or can help?

Wire# - Color
23 - Orange
24 - Purple
25 - Brown
27 - Red
28 - Grey
+ Case ground

CCWKen
03-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Well, after going through hundreds of diagrams I finally realized that finding one on this motor was a needle in a forest at best. I ended up taking the motor apart, metering and relabeling all the wires based on another motor diagram. Works great now but the centrifugal switch had me baffled. It's a three wire switch and rocks side-to-side depending on the motor rotation. Never seen one like that. It's marked Reverswitch and apparently allows the motor to be reversed with just a SPDT switch. In any case, it's up and running my wood band saw now. :cool:

brandon
03-19-2014, 07:26 PM
All the current Baldor AC motors are listed at the following page.

http://www.ctiautomation.net/Baldor-AC-Motors.htm