X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 38_Cal
    • Dec 2007

button batteries?

Are there any reliable brands of SR-44 batteries that don't cost an arm and a leg? Looking through the listings on EvilBay, and most are for brands that I don't recognize. Don't want to spend too much, but don't want to waste dollars, either! Thanks.

David
    David Kaiser
    “You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein
  • dockrat
    • Feb 2008

You can get a pack of 50 for $2.53 with free shipping on Ebay. They may not last as long as the high priced ones but for that price what the hell. I use them all the time.

Ernie (VE7ERN)

May the wind be always at your back

Comment

• saltmine
      • Nov 2008

Of course, if you decide to get the 50 pack for $2.53, you might also want to pick up the auto-load magazine for your caliper. One clip holds 10 batteries, and you can change them by simply working the slide, like an old M1911 Colt.
      No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

• EVguru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by dockrat
        You can get a pack of 50 for $2.53 with free shipping on Ebay. They may not last as long as the high priced ones but for that price what the hell. I use them all the time.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/50-x-AG13-LR4...item4158dd2267
        Those are LR-44 which are alkaline cells, SR-44s are Silver based with a much longer life.

You might consider that the cheap LR-44 is fine for your Chinese calipers that don't have that long a battery life, even with an SR-44, but I wouldn't use them in a Mitutoyo as they have a much higher chance of leaking.
        Paul Compton
        www.morini-mania.co.uk
        http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru

Comment

• easymike29
          • Sep 2008

Look in ....batterybob.com

Gene

Comment

I buy mine here, I've had good luck with the company and the batteries, (standard disclaimers)

Comment

• lugnut
              • Sep 2004

I just replenished my supply of about 4 different sizes of button batteries. I bought them from Amazon .com and I don't think I had to pay more than 25 cents apiece for brand name batteries. You have to do a little looking, but they are there. I have the "Prime" membership that pays the shipping, well worth the cost.

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
              Oregon Coast

Comment

• Bob Fisher
                • Jan 2006

I buy button cells from watch supply houses . I typically stock about twenty sizes and purchase them for about fifty cents or less. Name brands always, and fresh stock. If you buy in quantity prices are better.Bob.

Comment

• bruto
                  • Mar 2008

You can often find the alkalines at dollar stores very cheaply. If you have a Big Lots store near you, stop by there. They intermittently get packs of decent quality Sunbeam or Camelion silver oxide cells, usually 5 for $2. I've had good luck with these. The supply seems spotty, but eventually they replenish. Sometimes they have watch batteries, sometimes SR-44's, and sometimes bargain packs of lithium coin cells.

Comment

Working...
                  X