X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3t-
    • May 2008

Enco vs KBC prices question

I usually take advantage of the Enco discount and free shipping codes each month and place an order, sometimes the minimum and sometimes several hundred $$ depends on what I "can't live without"

I also occasionally order from KBC tools as they have some things Enco does not carry. Today I was reading through the KBC catalog and noticed this statement:

"We will not be undersold: Since 1965 we live by this...and so can you, the end user. KBC will no be undersold in the USA on the same item by the same manufacturer. Just show us the quote, ad, or catalog and we will meet or beat it."

Has anyone here had success with this when comparing Enco's monthly special promos and ads and getting KBC to meet the prices. I would order more from them if they would meet these promos. Like to spread my business around when it makes sense. I have not contacted KBC yet on this myself, just checking here first.

Thanks
    regards

3t
  • sasquatch
    • May 2006

3T, i just checked my Canadian KBC catalog and it has the identical wording, except it states " in Canada," instead of "in USA."

Comment

• quasi
      • Jun 2003

KBC's prices in Canada are criminal. I can order from the US from Enco and even with the UPS brokerage fee's save a minimum of 40% over KBC Canada.

Comment

• Ohio Mike
        • Jan 2009

I appreciate businesses that will price match, its handy to have available but generally I'll deal with the lower priced store. Look at it this way... "we'll match anyone's price" is really another way of saying we'll gladly take more of your money as long as you don't catch us at it.
        Mike
        Central Ohio, USA

Comment

• RussZHC
          • Mar 2010

same item by the same manufacturer
          some maybe surprised by how often this is a stumbling block...IMO it often serves as enticement and that's about it...used to be a fairly large chain store here in Canada, Eaton's, and they as well as others, frequently had common items with one slight difference from the regular manufacturers line up but it was enough...happened a lot with household appliances and electronics, usually some minor detail that meant a model with a different "style" code used most often to indicate at the factory is was only to be shipped to Eaton's
          It got to the point where you could not take a Sony bought at Eaton's to a Sony dealer for repair, it had to go back to Eaton's who of course sent it to Sony or "authorized" Sony dealer
          Last edited by RussZHC; 04-14-2012, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Ohio Mike
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by RussZHC
            some maybe surprised by how often this is a stumbling block...IMO it often serves as enticement and that's about it...used to be a fairly large chain store here in Canada, Eaton's, and they as well as others, frequently had common items with one slight difference from the regular manufacturers line up but it was enough...
            Reminds me of the multitude of Lincoln welder models.
            Mike
            Central Ohio, USA

Comment

• Mcgyver
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by quasi
              KBC's prices in Canada are criminal. I can order from the US from Enco and even with the UPS brokerage fee's save a minimum of 40% over KBC Canada.

they sure are, try to avoid on principle. I pine for competition here....look at the unbelieble service digikey delivers and they've got to have the same number of sku's if not 10x as many as one of big industrial supply places like MSC. cheap shipping, all the customs work done and overnight delivery! What an opportunity to replicate that model.

Imagine at an MSC board meetings someone suggested "hey lets not bother with California" yet thats about the situation in ignoring Canada. Or rather its California with almost no competition!
              located in Toronto Ontario

Comment

• flylo
                • Apr 2011

I just ordered from CDCO for the 1st time & am impressed by the prices, combinrd shipping charge, quick delivery & quality.

Comment

• uncle pete
                  • Jul 2008

Well if you really want to be disgusted by the wallet rape we Canucks deal with. Just check the prices thru KBC Canaduh and then thru their U.S. website. Same pictures and part numbers. The only difference is the price. In fact a real good comparison would be a Narex VHU-36 Boring and Facing head kit.
                  #1-570-1036 $4246.43 Can. $3145.50 U.S.
                  Narex shanks for the above,
                  MT2 $384.62 Can. $243.90 U.S.
                  MT3 $405.41 Can. $257.00 U.S.
                  MT4 $467.91 Can. $296.80 U.S.
                  R-8 $309.56 Can. $239.20 U.S.
                  These are direct quotes from KBC's own websites.

To be fair, There is the odd minor item that is cheaper in Canaduh from them. But I'll pay more for those items elsewhere as a bonus cost of not dealing with KBC in Canaduh anymore. For those that don't know, There is no duty on machine tools or machine tool accessories coming into Canaduh. If you order from the U.S. All you pay extra is the Federal and or Provincial taxes on the value.

Then again, I've seen the prices the Aussies pay, So our screwing isn't quite as bad.

Pete
                  Last edited by uncle pete; 04-15-2012, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• sasquatch
                    • May 2006

Aww, Geez!! I Been payin too much??? (along with thousands of others!!)

Comment

• lazlo
                      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by uncle pete
                      Just check the prices thru KBC Canaduh and then thru their U.S. website. Same pictures and part numbers. The only difference is the price.
                      What's especially odd is apparently KBC has at least one major warehouse in Canada. So they should be shipping/receiving into Canada, instead of trans-shipping from the USA and tacking the brokerage fees onto the price.
                      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

• loose nut
                        • Sep 2006

Since I live right at the border (Canada & US for them's that didn't figure it out) I have always nipped down to the Detroit area (and lived to tell about it) for my acquisitions. Even when we were paying 30 to 40% exchange on the dollar it was still cheaper to buy there then to buy machinist tools in Canada. Since the two dollars are back at par it's bargain city down there for me.
                        The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

• lazlo
                          • Jun 2006

I bet Black Moon's head is about to explode right now.

Must... not... post...
                          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

• Tim-Bob
                            • Apr 2012

Loose Nut, do you order from KBC in the States? I live a few minutes from the border, too, and buy most things from the US. Will KBC accept Canadian orders on the US site?

Comment

• jep24601
                              • Jun 2010

Do Canadian prices include sales tax?
                              "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

Comment

Working...
                              X