PDA

View Full Version : Smallparts.com is now Amazonsupply...

lakeside53
04-23-2012, 10:14 PM
http://www.amazonsupply.com/gateway///ref=pe_button

Early days, but a potential McMaster competitor if they get it right.

I like the free 2-day shipping for Amazon prime customers, and for others over $50.

flylo
04-23-2012, 10:20 PM
That's awesome as Amazon does a great job but so does M-C.

lakeside53
04-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Hopefully the prices get driven down! Smallparts has been around for a long time, but never had the visability that Amazon will give them.

ZINOM
04-23-2012, 10:34 PM
I was just gonna post this the other night when I realized it...it looked like a few things I used to get from them though are no longer carried...that bummed me out.

I'm also one of those guys who likes having an actual catalog on hand as well as a website...I don't always know what kind of widget or tool I'd like to try until I flip a page and see it.

John

RussZHC
04-24-2012, 01:03 AM
The way I am reading it, they will ship to many countries, including Canada by LVS (Low Value Shipment, whatever that means...) which in turn means UPS or DHL.
They do give shipping rates but don't mention that I can see if UPS will do their usual customs/duty clearance gouging or if they have some deal that side steps that and be passed on to customers...I would not trust DHL to do anything.

To me, its still looks like same old same old, make an offer or give an alternative then mess it up with the shipping hassles.

flylo
04-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Canada is a fine place but you guys go thru alot of hassle & goverment BS. I have a friend that lives there & they wouldn't let him drive his US car in. He had to leave it on this side of the border. I asked if I could have driven it into Canada & he said yes. I said then I have more rights in your country than you do. And when I leave they give me my tax money back at the border. Strange rules? Even with our problems I'm glad to be on this side, no offense.

PeteM
04-24-2012, 12:05 PM
They've got some kinks to work out. I priced a small metric drill just as a check, of a size I've recently bought from McMaster for under $2 (black oxide, 135 deg, split point, US made). The same drill from Enco is also under $2. Small Parts/Amazon wants $18.44 for the only equivalent they stock.

garagemark
04-24-2012, 12:11 PM
If you look in the upper left corner of their page it says (in small gray letters) BETA. This is not their final web version apparently.

J Tiers
04-24-2012, 10:26 PM
Small parts was getting irrelevant.... I used to buy from them, but more recently when I went to buy more, they no longer had most of the stuff I had bought before.

Amazon probably can't make them any worse.....

mickeyf
04-24-2012, 10:41 PM
I did a google search for rack gear the other day and was a bit surprised when Amazon came up. Gotta wonder if eventually there will be anything you can't get through them.

lazlo
04-24-2012, 10:54 PM
I did a google search for rack gear the other day and was a bit surprised when Amazon came up. Gotta wonder if eventually there will be anything you can't get through them.

Amazon also resells MSC and J&L Industrial (same company). Same prices, and Amazon just brokers the sale, so shipping and customer service is handled by MSC.

Seems like a weird setup.