PDA

View Full Version : Vote for top 10 HSM BBS members of all time!

mikem
04-30-2012, 02:40 PM
A recent thread asked who was the most annoying on this BBS. This made me think about just the opposite--Who are the best and most popular posters on this BBS?

My top ten:

1. Evan/John Stevenson --just couldn't pick!
3. --10 Jtiers, Forrest Addy, Frank Ford, Doc Steve, Thrud, David Cofer, Torker, McGyver, Wierdscience, Alistair Hosie. OOPS, that's 12!

If I left you out, hopefully someone will mention you!

Love to all!---Mike.

Alistair Hosie
04-30-2012, 02:57 PM
What can I say you mentioned my name so your a great guy. Alistair

fredf
04-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Mike
Doc Nickel otta be on the list somewhere it sure would be hard to choose Just the top 10!

Weston Bye
04-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Some of us might get our nose out of joint.:(

mikem
04-30-2012, 05:04 PM
I wouldn't say "not" being mentioned is necessarily a bad thing, as two on my list don't post anymore and one is dead!

Listing the best is more positive than naming the biggest pains in the a***s.

uncle pete
04-30-2012, 05:09 PM
There's too many here to narrow it down to just 10. And in theroy at least, Some could make it onto both lists. Maybe a further sub catagory for most helpfully annoying?:D

Pete

laddy
04-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Thrud!!!! I still miss him Fred

firbikrhd1
04-30-2012, 07:33 PM
There are so many talented people here with great ideas that I couldn't choose only 10. The list begun by the OP is a good start but leaves out too many brilliant and helpful members. The parameters that would be used in choosing a supposed top ten could vary the list infinitely; for instance, most knowledgeable, most helpful, best attitude, etc.

All in all choosing may be a bad idea for the membership anyway. The payoff might be that we offend and possibly lose a valued member because he/she wasn't mentioned. Personally, I give thanks for anyone who takes the time to share their knowledge, read my posts, answer my silly questions or offers kudos for a project I submit a picture of, no matter how simplistic it may be when compared to the other fine works shown here.

J Tiers
04-30-2012, 08:56 PM
You-all seem to be forgetting a member who doesn't post much, but has very good posts when he does.... actually there are several, but the person I was thinking about in particular is Rich Carlstedt.

Then also, Lane.

There is a list of other folks who I need to jog my bad memory about.. I know who I mean but can't always recall their handles.

I saw my name, but for sure don't deserve to be on the list.

lane
04-30-2012, 09:19 PM
I sure do not want to be on some body`s list . But will vote of JC Hannan , Dickiebird ,McGyver.I hope all is spelled right.

wierdscience
04-30-2012, 09:43 PM
I like everybody here,a great group of folks with incredible depth of knowledge.
I do miss Thrud and Dr Cofer though:(

flylo
04-30-2012, 10:54 PM
GWilson has to be on that list. I wish he'd move next door. He knows so much & made the most incredible things I've seen.

1-800miner
04-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Oh ****! We already have to put up with an upcoming presidential election.
Now I come to my safe haven,to get away from the insanity and just talk about chips and swarf. AND WE ARE HAVING AN ELECTION?

Any one want to hire me as a campaign manager?:D

mikem
04-30-2012, 11:25 PM
I was hoping everyone would list their favorite posters and in the end alot of good people would be recognized. Not meant to slight anyone, just to give thanks to those who are relevant and helpful!

Paul Alciatore
05-01-2012, 02:36 AM
One of the great things about this board is the tremendous range of knowledge found here. Every one of the members has a different store or knowledge to share and share they do. My hat is off to all.

Another thread talks about lurkers that are reluctant to speak out for one reason or another. I say, come out of hiding and jump in: the water is fine.

Mcgyver
05-01-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm flattered to see my name there but agree there is just two much talent to narrow a list down like that. Lots of guys with more experience and abilities than me not on the list, but its hard to sit down and think of everyone.

The other names guys have mentioned in this thread for sure belong there, and there's one notable that's been missed; SGW. Active, always sound advice & info and he behaves (far better than I do).

Then there are all the electronics guys who've help me out numerous times with great insight and advice

The list could go on and on and still there'd be names come up and you'd smack your head, "Of course he should be there"....but its a good reminder of how much talent and experience is here and not to take it for granted