• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • uncle pete
    • Jul 2008

Another HSM type forum

I've been visiting this one off and on for awhile. www.homeworkshop.org.uk

Since Sir John hasn't mentioned it due that being an unwritten rule not to promote your own forum, And I've only seen a very few mentions of it just as an addition to other posts. I thought I'd point it out for anyone who doesn't know about this yet.

Maybe it's my computer settings? But you'll need to scroll down a long ways to get to what you want. For me there's a 1/2 page of blank space before anything shows up.

Pete
  • dian
    • Mar 2010

thanks, thats interesting. but not very active, unfortunatelly.

there are just so many forums, where you typically get less than tree replies to a thread, however most of them start with "cnc".

Comment

• uncle pete
      • Jul 2008

Dian,
      Yeah your right that so far it's not that active yet. But It's a fairly new forum and I think being administrated by Johns grandson? Overall though I think it's looking like a pretty good forum.

Pete

Comment

• rohart
        • Aug 2002

The sales, wanted and info ads associated with that site are doing very well. All honest sales by (mostly) HSMers, and where the ads are commercial they're by people who relate to HSMers.

Gone up from a steady three and a half pages of ads throughout last year to over five pages now. It's a well-trusted site.
        Richard - SW London, UK, EU.

Comment

• Circlip
          • Jun 2008

Site was originally set up by Sir J as a cork board for HSMers to sell and buy their surplus goods on a direct contact basis. Forum was a later addition as was/is administration by his Son, fancy colours to differentiate sales, wants etc. latest mod.

Site and forum with be quiet for a few days as he avoids the border patrols to enter Gods own County for the UKs best ME show - - Harrow gate.

They've been tipped orf to turn the other way John

Regards Ian.
          You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

• Davo J
            • Jun 2008

Thanks for that,
            I have been visiting this one below and see some familiar names there.

It has only been going for a few months but is picking up.

Dave

Edit,
            I forgot I have been a member there at Johns for a while as well, LOL
            Last edited by Davo J; 05-10-2012, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• flylo
              • Apr 2011

Thanks Davo just signed up!

Comment

• flylo
                • Apr 2011

Did Sir Johns also,Thanks Pete! As the ZZ Topp song goes I'm nationwide, but now I'm international! Who'd a thunk it

Comment

• uncle pete
                  • Jul 2008

Actualy, Speaking of international. While I'm certainly not trying to drag members away from this forum, Maybe a list of everybodys links for other forums in the world might be handy? Google translate works well enough to figure most things out. There really is some totally amazing work being done all over the world.
                  zerspanungsbude.net - German Metalworking forum.

www.usinages.com - French Metalworking forum.

www.chipmaker.ru/ - Russian Metalworking forum.

It certainly won't appeal to everyone here, But if your interested in steam?

www.dampfforum.de/ - German, Probably the very best one I've seen for Stationary Steam anywhere in any language. You do have to join to view anything. But it's more than worth it. Your real full name is required to join.

onderstoom.nl/ - Holland steam forum.

modell-dampf-forum.info - Another German Steam site.

Most if not all of these sites aren't set up for, Nor do they want posts in English. I can understand and appreciate those points. Using Google translate to change from English to post in any other language is a waste of time. It ends up being pretty well meaningless giberish. Machine tools and tooling on all these sites appears to be a mix of Chinese and local European manufactered equipment much like here.

Pete

Edit, I'm not exactly sure why my first and last two links don't work.
                  Last edited by uncle pete; 05-10-2012, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X