Does anybody have experience with one of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wierdscience
    • Jan 2003

Does anybody have experience with one of these?

I,m looking at one of these,any good?-

I just need one more tool,just one!
  • spope14
    • Dec 2001

The picture had the red X of death in it. Wish I had seen the machine...Hopefully this will get better, and I can tell you more, for the name sounds familiar.

CCBW, MAH

Comment

• CCWKen
      • Jan 2003

Not that tool but with JTS. The stuff I got from them was about on par with the "better" quality Ching-Chang tools. The service is good and their shipping charges were average.

I wish I had known about them when I lived in Mentor. They were only about a mile away. Dang! I was always going into Cleveland.

Comment

• spope14
        • Dec 2001

I have used tools like the one shown, they are handy for index jobs on the mill and such, and for milling slots and keyways and such.

Good to have if small enough for a Bridgeport.

I have the rotary tables shown- the 12 inch, and made a spacer like the one shown using another rotary table.

You may want to check the price of this item against comparable product with MSC, J&L industrial, and such. From my limited recollection, this price seems to be about par with new. I could be wrong, hope I am in many ways, but worth looking at.
        CCBW, MAH

Comment

• wierdscience
          • Jan 2003

Ken,ya,Mentor,Ohio,it seems like half of the companies we deal with at work are in Mentor,ever hear of Buyers Products?They do truck and trailer acc.

Pope,I have bought from thses guys before,mostly parallels etc,I was looking at one of these in the 6" size because I run into the need for circular slots and indexing on some parts on a regular basis.I did check MSC and Enco,they want about $750-800 for the same basic item,only they offer a tailstock too.I have been trying to find a used one on Ebay,but it seems that this is one of those unobtainable items,everyboddy bids right under the new price,stupidity in action go figure?
          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

• JCHannum
            • Nov 2001

I might be more inclined to buy the 8" H/V rotary table for $209.00 and bolt a chuck to it if you need that feature. The only thing you would lose is the rapid indexing.
            Other benefits might offset that.
            Jim H.

Comment

• CCWKen
              • Jan 2003

WS- The name doesn't ring a bell. At the time I lived in Mentor, I was into CART racing and chassis building. Even back then Mentor had a HUGE industrial park area full of light manufacturing companies. I wish I could remember some of the bigger names. I picked up a fiberglass Lamborghini Countach (repro) body there. I also had all my engine machining done in that area. WISECO Pistons had a large sales & machining facility there. At that time, If you bought a set of race pistons, they would match bore the block for $50. They would also give you enough stickers to cover a car!

Comment

Working...
              X