PDA

View Full Version : Assembly of ball and spring plungers

yellow_cad
05-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Hoping to find someone with a clever way of reinstalling a shaft with a ball and spring plunger. The ball is appx. 1/16" ID, the shaft is a fairly close fit, and the shaft is going into a blind hole with spring and ball hole about 1/4" in on the side of the hole. I can't use a pilot, and I've tried grease and shim stock to no avail. It is a factory piece so they did it at the factory. Thanks for any ideas. Jim

Gary Paine
05-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Hoping to find someone with a clever way of reinstalling a shaft with a ball and spring plunger. The ball is appx. 1/16" ID, the shaft is a fairly close fit, and the shaft is going into a blind hole with spring and ball hole about 1/4" in. I can't use a pilot, and I've tried grease and shim stock to no avail. It is a factory piece so they did it at the factory. Thanks for any ideas. Jim

They had to drill a hole for the ball and spring from either the top (threaded with grub screw) or from the bottom side opposite - blind hole for the spring and plunger. If from the bottom, compress spring and plunger with small push rod through the hole opposite, hold in, and insert shaft. If top, install ball, spring, and plunger after shaft is inserted.