PDA

View Full Version : Looking for rifle rest article in HSM or MW??

RPease
05-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Hi all,

I'm looking for a rifle rest build article that appeared in HSM or MW in the past 10-12 yrs.

I found one from June-July 2004 in MW, but my memory (poor sometimes) tells me that there might have been another article with a different style. It (2004 version) just doesn't seem like the one that I remember. Either that or maybe I just remember a reader comment where they sent in a photo of their own similar project.

I searched through the article index, but maybe I missed any additional article(s) or just didn't recognize what I was seeing for what it was.

There's always the chance that I saw something "on line"............but I really think it was in one of the mags from VP.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards.......Rodg

JCHannum
05-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Here's one Jim Dunmyer built from a Machinist's Workshop article in 2010;

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=45477&highlight=rifle+rest

RPease
05-17-2012, 07:49 AM
Thank you sir.......That's the one. Not sure how I missed it. I was fairly convinced that it was in the last couple of years, but guess I just "overshot" the recent issues and ended up with the 2004 version.

Didn't do me any harm to peruse through a dozen years of HSM and MW :D. It gave me a chance to look at older projects that I've been wanting to work on. Maybe it will rekindle a fire..........

Thanks again.........Rodg

Daron Klooster
05-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Here are couple more articles you could look at to see if they're what you're looking for:

Building a Rifle Rest by J. Randolph Bulgin: June/July 2004
A Bench-mounted Spotting Scope Stand by David Gere: August/Septmeber 2011.

I hope this helps!