PDA

View Full Version : Home Machinist Publications in Europe

Pherdie
05-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Can anyone tell me if the Model Engineer/Model Engineer's Workshop publications (in English) are readily for sale in either Germany, Austria or Switzerland?

How about other similar publications in German?

Alistair Hosie
05-30-2012, 03:39 PM
wow it seems along way to go for a copy when your house is in Eldorado:D but for quality it might be worth the travel cost and inconvenience. :DAlistair

philbur
05-30-2012, 04:34 PM
They post worldwide.

Phil:)

Pherdie
05-30-2012, 04:53 PM
I think I need to make this clearer, "readily for sale" means for sale in most bookstores or shops where many magazines are sold........

....and yes, Alistair, it is a long way to go! I would have gone to sunny old England for my books (and an encounter with Hemingway's!), but the Olympic crowds are a bit too much for me!

Arthur.Marks
05-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Actually, I was wondering this as well recently. Someone on another list was interested in something that the HSM publication could be a great resource for. I didn't know if it was fairly common, though, to find it there. He's in the Netherlands. I realize there are worldwide subscribers, but I have never heard of worldwide, general news-stand access. Good question. I know local to me, in the US, Borders used to have both HSM and MW on their shelves until they went under. Haven't looked at Barnes & Noble lately.

oldtiffie
05-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Good question.

I can't say that I've ever seen them on a book/magazine-stand in my local area in Australia either - but I've never set out to have a good look for them either.

Perhaps George Bulliss can help here.

dian
05-31-2012, 03:54 AM
no way. you even cannot get hot rod anymore, exept for one place in zürich, i know of.

Frank46
05-31-2012, 04:12 AM
Barnes & Noble carry both publications. And occasionally a few machining type magazines from england. Think maybe one from germany might proove to be interesting. Frank