PDA

View Full Version : OT goggle chrome

duckman
06-08-2012, 02:09 AM
Went to down load goggle chrome and they want my cell phone number to send me an activation code, what gives there not getting my cell number, just what I need more spam on my phone. how do I get around this?

flylo
06-08-2012, 02:23 AM
I want nothing to do with google anything. How to get around this? Choose another browser. Just my opinion.

rws
06-08-2012, 08:26 AM
I want nothing to do with google anything. How to get around this? Choose another browser. Just my opinion.

RUN away from anything Goolge......

Ed P
06-08-2012, 09:10 AM
I tried Chrome about a year ago and I know I didn't give them my cell number because I don't have one. There must be a work around. Sorry I don't remember know what I did. I can tell you that I decided to uninstall it and it left behind "GoogleUpdate.exe" which runs in the background and has so far avoided all attempts at removal.

Good luck!

Ed P

Black_Moons
06-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Hahaha at google trying to get your cell phone number. thats a good one.
I won't touch chrome with a 20 foot pole, I am convinced google analytics and adwords are designed to lag the hell out of competing browsers (Causes 5~20 seconds of total lockup here on IE8 on every webpage I visit until I block google) just to make chrome look fast

macona
06-08-2012, 04:31 PM
That is at to set up a gmail account. That insures the account will no be used for spam. Works for me. Not like google had ever done anything with my phone number.

+ or - Zero
06-08-2012, 04:39 PM
I have Chrome on several *Nix systems and have never been asked for anything. I suspect there is more to the story. Here's the closest thing I could find about phone numbers and Chrome:
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=114129

I actually don't use it much but I have all the major browsers installed on most of my computers --just a good double check system when/if problems are encountered.

Orrin
06-09-2012, 12:15 AM
I started using Chrome on one of my computers as soon as it was released. I use Firefox on another and my wife uses IE on hers. Of the three, Chrome is the most trouble-free. Firefox causes me all kinds of problems. When a page doesn't load right in the other two, I'll use Chrome and so far it has never let me down.

When Google finally got around to asking me for my mobile phone number I ignored the message an everything stayed hunky dory.

Orrin

Carld
06-09-2012, 12:23 AM
I've been using Google Chrome a long time and have no problems at all.

cuemaker
06-09-2012, 12:29 AM
I too find Chrome the most stable and trouble free..

caveBob
06-09-2012, 01:16 AM
how do I get around this?

I really like the Opera Browser (http://www.opera.com/browser/features/)... you'll find the F12 button on your keyboard very handy.