PDA

View Full Version : Somthing new from paypal..

lakeside53
06-17-2012, 12:17 AM
PAD - pay after delivery. The following text from their site assume I bought something today.

>>>>>
Extra peace of mind at no additional cost

•You check out as usual, and we pay the seller upfront.
•We'll withdraw the money from your bank on Jun 30, 2012, 14 days after your purchase. You'll get a reminder beforehand.
•If you report a problem before Jun 30, 2012, we won't withdraw the payment unless the case is decided for the seller.
•After Jun 30, 2012, you can still report a problem. With PayPal purchase protection, you have 45 days from the date of the original purchase to file a dispute. If we find in your favor, you'll be reimbursed.

>>>>>

ME? I'll keep paying with my credit card. A little known advantage... and it's even documented in the Paypal agreement - Paypal HAS to accept charge-backs from the CC company. How a far back you can go depends on the credit card company and the circumstances. In May I got a full $1025 REFUND from an Ebay charge last November. Ebay was impossible, and Paypal wouldn't even open a case as it was over 45 days. One call to American Express and they issued an immediate credit for non-delivery. Paypal is left with attempting to get the money back from the seller - good luck in this case. Paypal sent me an email and a letter a week later asking me to open a case. American Express specifically told me not to fall for that - it cancels their credit. Another week later - American Express sent me a confirming letter saying paypal had settled in their favor.

john11668
06-17-2012, 06:30 AM
Sooohh

When paypal asks for your bank details to verify your account?
You still have to be careful to make payments by the credit card option?

I recently verified and now I find that direct debit from the verified account comes up as the default payment option. I have deliberately change this if I want to pay by credit card.

JoeLee
06-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Sooohh

When paypal asks for your bank details to verify your account?
You still have to be careful to make payments by the credit card option?

I recently verified and now I find that direct debit from the verified account comes up as the default payment option. I have deliberately change this if I want to pay by credit card.

It's always been that way....... your bank / checking account always comes up as the default. You have to remember to change it to CC every time. You can's set your CC as the default payment method..... at least not yet. Last I was told when on the phone with them is it may be an option in the future since so many people have been requestion it.

JL..................

lakeside53
06-17-2012, 12:59 PM
I doubt they will make it a default option. In comparision to a bank transfer, they make very little from a CC transaction. I believe that the Pay it Later and the Pay After Delivery options are to counter some of the CC use.