PDA

View Full Version : E-bay question

A.K. Boomer
06-18-2012, 10:10 AM
So I sell some Mt. bike parts and the buyer who wins the bid buys them without really buying them if you know what I mean,

go to pay-pal and it says "completed - funds not yet available"

so your thinking - ok - I'll wait till the funds are and then i'll ship - but nooooooo, they want you to ship first and then he will complete the funds after receiving ?????? WTF? when did all this start?

I thought you get the funds then ship - not really comfortable shipping stuff that I haven't been paid for yet,
what's you guyzes take on it?

another issue; Buyer is unconfirmed non-U.S. verified ---- nice, even though his address is in Texas...

so should I cancel ?

if so do I issue a refund even though his payment wasn't even really sent?

That could mean he didn't give me money but im going to give him some no?

what a bunch of crappolla...

and Im really liking the way e-bay sets you up for this stuff and then says "work it out with the buyer"

Your Old Dog
06-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Cancel. No way in hell I'd ship item without payment first. Is he new to eBay? Best to mention no new bidders without history in your ads. I sent a $150 grinder out once by mistake before getting the money but as luck would have it the money showed up a day later!

browne92
06-18-2012, 10:41 AM
When you tell PayPal to take directly out of your checking account, without a credit card to back it up if there is not enough money in the account, then paypal will wait for the transaction to clear. This might be what you are seeing. Give it a couple of days.

But I still wouldn't ship till I had the money.

dp
06-18-2012, 10:46 AM
The transaction isn't complete until the funds have been transferred. You might put in your listings that you don't ship until the PayPal delays in handling the transaction have completed just to remove that as a bickering point.

hoodlum
06-18-2012, 10:48 AM
This isn't the buyer that is holding the funds,it's paypal....This is common practice when selling....It is supposed to allow the buyer a leadway for filing a dispute if needed...By doing this,paypal can get the refund instead of the seller having an account for paypal only,getting the funds in it,taking them out and closing the account...If this happens,paypal has no way of getting the buyer a refund if needed.....After a seller gets a certain number of + feedback as a seller,it will stop doing it...It's just their way of verifying that you are legit...
Hoodlum

A.K. Boomer
06-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Hoodlum (damn that's a good name - why didn't I think of that:p )

I just read that while trying to figure things out but im no e-bay newbie and have a 100% buying and selling record with over 60 items, they never did this before but they stated they started last year about his time...

So - it does not matter if the buyer is not paypal confirmed?
I should go ahead and ship? because confirmed or not they have his money right?

thanks for the info everyone...

vpt
06-18-2012, 11:50 AM
I am and have been boycotting ebay and paypal for the last 2 or more years now.

I just got plain sick of their policies and the people that abuse them.

I'll take a little less money to sell on craigslist and meet the person, exchange funds and item and be happy.

1200rpm
06-18-2012, 12:45 PM
no chance i`d ship until payment is complete.
make sure you tell ebay that too and if they don`t like it cancel the transaction.
they`ll get the message when people stop selling there.
talk about shooting yourself in the foot!
i occasionally sell stuff there and when i do it`s usually because there is something i want to buy there... no funds in my account means i`m not buying.

it`s been a few months since i sold anything on ebay- if this is their new policy then it`s going to be many more.

flylo
06-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Call paypal or ebay. I have both #s if you need them.

gcude
06-18-2012, 02:53 PM
You have to ship the goods. Paypal is holding the money to make sure the "transaction" of delivering the goods is completed by you ... yes, it is total BS. If you are going to take Paypal, ya gonna have to wait a while on the money. If you need the money faster, don't use Paypal. I love Paypal almost as much as the cell phone companies. :mad:

hoodlum
06-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Hoodlum (damn that's a good name - why didn't I think of that:p )

I just read that while trying to figure things out but im no e-bay newbie and have a 100% buying and selling record with over 60 items, they never did this before but they stated they started last year about his time...

So - it does not matter if the buyer is not paypal confirmed?
I should go ahead and ship? because confirmed or not they have his money right?

thanks for the info everyone...

Yes,paypal has his money....Just make sure you mark the item as "shipped" on ebay....This will allow you to get your money faster...It is a pia for sellers,but a very good thing for buyers....If you get screwed when buying,it just insures that you get your money back....

charlz
06-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Maybe this is the new 'Pay on Delivery' feature? They don't really pay until 14 days after they buy the item? Supposedly the seller is 'paid' right away by Ebay... but maybe you can't actually access the funds until they get paid? Who knows.

Black_Moons
06-19-2012, 06:53 PM
This is the 'paid from debit' effect, they won't release the funds till it 'clears' (How long does it take two computers to talk to eachother again? Oh yes, 100mS, So why does it take 2~5 days for debit transactions to clear? Banks are fraudsters, thats why)

Best yet: a few years back paypal changed the default payment option from CC to debit and never told me, ended up paying accidently by debit. Had to rush to bank to deposit enough money to cover it..

For extra fun, Paypal tells the buyer its 'instant payment', yet *very* clearly tells the seller "This payment is NOT instant, has no completed or been verified in any way and the item should NOT be shiped for any reason until payment changes to 'cleared' and that may take several days"

macona
06-19-2012, 07:01 PM
No, this is a policy for people that are new to selling or do not sell very much. I got hit by it a couple months ago and I have been with them something like 10 years. After the last two sales went though they removed this limitation on my account. Basically they are trying to defend against someone hijacking someone else's account.

Two things you can do. Ship the item and give them the tracking number. When it arrives the money will go though faster.

Second, try a third party service like money bookers: https://www.moneybookers.com/app/

They are ebay certified and you can tie into the ebay checkout just like paypal. Their rates are a bit better too.