PDA

View Full Version : Rattlesnake Eggs ?

NAIT
03-01-2004, 10:56 PM
Bought a packet of rattlesnake eggs in Arizona some years ago. The packet said "Do not open in warm weather. Eggs may hatch unexpectedly". Shocked the bejesus out of me when I peeked inside on a hot July day, and found that they had hatched.

I'm been looking for more ever since in Western roadside shops, but never found them again.

Anyone know how to make rattlesnake eggs ?

ibewgypsie
03-01-2004, 11:05 PM
Rubber band and a paperclip? lid lets clip spin rattling box..

Ha.. I saw it somewhere.. Makes you drop the box..

David

mochinist
03-01-2004, 11:13 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NAIT:

Anyone know how to make rattlesnake eggs ?</font>

Well NAIT you get a Momma rattlesnake a Daddy rattlesnake alittle wine some romantic music etc etc etc. lol

charlie coghill
03-01-2004, 11:23 PM
We use to put the eggs in an envelope, and mark the envelope "rattlesnake eggs" when the envelope was opened the paper clip would spin. Along with the power of suggestion it would scare the H--- out of you.

How to make; strighten and bend a paper clip in the form of a "U" with a curl at each end to keep the rubber band fron slipping off.

Strech the rubber band between the ends of the paper clip. Now place another clip in the middle on the rubber band. Wind the clip up and insert the whole works in an enevelope.

Maybe I shouldn't tell you kids how to do this as you will get me into trouble. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif
Charlie

J Tiers
03-02-2004, 01:46 AM
Man, ol' John A gonna be lookin for your a$$ for describing how to make terrorist devices.

I know it would terrorize some folks at work...I may have to do that!

CCWKen
03-02-2004, 02:23 AM
No... But I can send ya a couple of full-grown rattlers that can make em for ya. I think we sill have two or three around here. They should be comming out this month.

By the way, they don't make a rattling sound for a warning. It sounds more like a buzzing, nearly a hiss noise--because they shake em so fast!

If you hear a rattling sound, it's too late. They're celibrating then! http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//frown.gif

Evan
03-02-2004, 03:56 AM
Rattlesnakes give birth to live young. No eggs. None.

NAIT
03-02-2004, 04:58 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evan:
Rattlesnakes give birth to live young. No eggs. None.</font>

That's the hook - the joke...

That's why I opened the package - to see what kind of eggs these could be. As the buzzing and rattling started, my life flashed before me and I realized too late that my knowledge of rattlesnake reproduction had been wrong all these years and I was going to pay the price. Rattlesnakes really did come from eggs and my hubris was going to cost me my life.

All this mental disorientation took about one second...

Evan
03-02-2004, 05:09 AM
Good science fiction story some many years ago, had something to do with Sirbuh..

docsteve66
03-03-2004, 12:55 AM
Men at work used to make a "Wumpus" cat. A strong cage, animal skin with hair, and a launching mechanism and trigger.

They lured an "Innocent" to the box to show the animal, but the animal was always sleeping. One "brave soul" would gingerly lift the lid and "poke" the animal while the others warned him to be careful and they sought shelter. The "Innocent " was maneuvered in front of the box so when the trigger was touched, the skin flew out toward the the innocent. Some strong men screamed as women and fought the dead skin. I always figured some one would drop dead of heart attack, but I noticed the ones who were most frightened were ready to test the next "innocent".

Sounds like cruel joke, but I think men do these things to see safely how another would act when frightened.

alcova
03-03-2004, 01:06 AM
The one I saw use a coat hanger that was bent to fit envelope and looped at ends for rubber bands,,,they in turn were hooked to a washer.
Rattles real good

J Tiers
03-03-2004, 02:03 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by docsteve66:
Men at work used to make a "Wumpus" cat. </font>

Sounds similar to a "sea bat".

BillH
03-03-2004, 02:45 AM
I used to play with some fireworks, called snakes, light a little black capsule, and it would form a long snake like ash pile.